POPSUGAR Must Have January 2013 Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put my blue watch up in the Miscellaneous section of the Buy/Sell/Trade forum...didn't see any other watches over there yet!

You should consider sending them an email--they shouldn't have inconsistencies in their boxes like that! The coconut one was really good. Pretty much a healthier version of a Mounds bar. Worth the five minutes to write them an email imo!
I'm not sure I would feel right complaining that I didn't get a specific flavor. Maybe they had a few they circulating, like the different watch colors. Or did everyone get it and I'm missing a bar? Edit: reading some previous posts it seems like I only got 2 bars while everyone else received three. I may shoot them an email to make them aware, but they definitely don't need to send me a replacement. I didn't enjoy the other two varieties so it would probably just be a waste of shipping.

I was contemplating buying a stability ball for work because I find myself sitting like a slob. I was so excited when this one came! It fits perfectly under my desk and I really enjoy rolling around all day. (haha!!)

Please don't mind my messy work space. We are in the middle-to-end of our office remodel and haven't gotten our storage drawers or desk organization accessories yet so everything is just all over the place. (haha).

It was cold and snowy here in Cleveland, so thePopBars (milk chocolate) and Marshmallows sounded so good while the snow was flying yesterday! I made myself a cup of hot cocoa with some cinnamon and the marshmallows. I thoroughly enjoyed it while catching up on my missed episodes of "Once Upon A Time." The chocolate on a stick made it very rich and thick, but that's okay with me! 

I got black watch, which I wanted. It will be part of the birthday present for my 11 year old nephew! I tried the lip balm and my lips peeled also. Will try to use it on other parts of the body where dry skin, lol. The smell comes from the tea tree oil, which I hate, it gives me headaches. The peppermint sensation was very nice though.

Also, would anyone be willing to trade for acuarella red nailpolish, nail base and remover for a watch unopened in color other than black?
Everyhting was in place and there was a coupon for $1 off thinkthin bar...I ate the coconut one and hope nothing bad will happen to me, but it tasted like grass!

UPDATE: Two hour later I have a huge sore in the middle of my lip! I am freaked out! Did anyone else have this after Epicuren Lip Balm??

I got the black watch...of course it was the only color I didn't want. I am very disappointed with this box. 

Ah well, so not my favorite. And I hate the baby blue color of the watch - I wish mine was black!!

Originally Posted by brokenship /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not sure I would feel right complaining that I didn't get a specific flavor. Maybe they had a few they circulating, like the different watch colors. Or did everyone get it and I'm missing a bar?

Edit: reading some previous posts it seems like I only got 2 bars while everyone else received three. I may shoot them an email to make them aware, but they definitely don't need to send me a replacement. I didn't enjoy the other two varieties so it would probably just be a waste of shipping.
I received two bars, one milk chocolate and one dark chocolate which is what I thought everyone else received (?)

Originally Posted by mirandamanda /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I received two bars, one milk chocolate and one dark chocolate which is what I thought everyone else received (?)
I think she is referring to the ThinkThin bars - not the Popbars.

Originally Posted by PBandJilly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think she is referring to the ThinkThin bars - not the Popbars.
Oh good to know. (btw I didn't want to take a chance with those so I gave them to my kids.) I'd definitely email them if you only got 2 though. I mean you're paying for the box that's supposed to include a certain number of things and if there's an item missing I'd tell them right away.

Originally Posted by Eleda /img/forum/go_quote.gif

UPDATE: Two hour later I have a huge sore in the middle of my lip! I am freaked out! Did anyone else have this after Epicuren Lip Balm??
I had to wipe it off about 10 seconds after I applied it because it felt like it was burning holes in my lips. I think it might be the tea tree oil or the SPF chemicals.

Originally Posted by katedahl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had to wipe it off about 10 seconds after I applied it because it felt like it was burning holes in my lips. I think it might be the tea tree oil or the SPF chemicals.
Yeah, it looks like a chemical burn - just raised red spot in the middle of the lip. I was so excited to try this balm. Better be careful next time. I do not like lip balms with spf, anything with spf added - if I need it, I will just buy it specifically, but now they put it into everything. Lip balm - why would I want to lick and eat a tea tree oil or sunscreens? also, why tea tree oil for lips?

I complained to them that my white watch had a stain on it when I got it, that the watch was stained even in the package. They wrote back. "Sorry, we are unable to process exchanges or returns due to damaged packaging." Nice reading comprehension. You sent me a stained product. I wrote back explaining AGAIN that the product was stained. I doubt I'll get anything from this, and I was actually looking forward to the watch a little. Apparently they really don't care about their customers at all. Will not renew this sub.

[Also, why wouldn't they help you out if the packaging was damaged?]

"we are unable to process exchanges or returns", but they used to send people replacement items. I wonder if they decided not to do this anymore?

It sucks that I can't even put mine on trade because it's stained. Someone would probably take it if the packaging was the only thing that was damaged lol. I think they need more actual people doing CS and more transparent policies about what to do when things go wrong.

Yeah, it looks like a chemical burn - just raised red spot in the middle of the lip. I was so excited to try this balm. Better be careful next time. I do not like lip balms with spf, anything with spf added - if I need it, I will just buy it specifically, but now they put it into everything. Lip balm - why would I want to lick and eat a tea tree oil or sunscreens? also, why tea tree oil for lips?
I can't speak as to why they added tea tree oil to the lip balm, but I gargle with a drop or two of tea tree oil in water.  It's has antibacterial properties. 

My sister gets cold sores every winter and her derm told her to use lip balms with tea tree oil for anti-bacterial effect.

I was really looking forward to this lip balm, as I loved the Epuciren after bath moisturiser from luxury box. I had perfectly fine lips before I used it, so I have nothing else to blame, but the ingredients all seem fine to me and the tea tree oil smell was not strong, I could get past it.

I got black watch, which I wanted. It will be part of the birthday present for my 11 year old nephew! I tried the lip balm and my lips peeled also. Will try to use it on other parts of the body where dry skin, lol. The smell comes from the tea tree oil, which I hate, it gives me headaches. The peppermint sensation was very nice though.

Also, would anyone be willing to trade for acuarella red nailpolish, nail base and remover for a watch unopened in color other than black?
Everyhting was in place and there was a coupon for $1 off thinkthin bar...I ate the coconut one and hope nothing bad will happen to me, but it tasted like grass!

My ex was allergic to tea tree oil and reacted the same way when she (accidentally) used a lip balm with it as an ingredient. It was a relatively mild allergy unless she used a lip product.

I have been with PopSugar since the first box during the summer (didn't get the luxury box).  I've never liked everything in a box; some months are just better than others.  Since I can afford it, I'm going to stay with them.  Maybe I'm the only one that feels this way.  Anyone do the Ultimate Butt DVD from a few months ago?  Awesome! 

Originally Posted by easteregg /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have been with PopSugar since the first box during the summer (didn't get the luxury box).  I've never liked everything in a box; some months are just better than others.  Since I can afford it, I'm going to stay with them.  Maybe I'm the only one that feels this way.  Anyone do the Ultimate Butt DVD from a few months ago?  Awesome! 
I agree. I have gotten every box except the first and luxury. Some are better, some are worse, but no two people will love the exact same things.

As for the DVD's, I do them both all the time. The Ultimate Butt one is addictive, and makes me cry, but I LOVE it.

Latest posts

Back