POPSUGAR Must Have July 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by wurly /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I apologize in advance for being such a dork, but is it possible to resubscribe with a discount code, or do I have to cancel, then resubscribe to get a discount? I've seen the discount codes that require a new subscription. Do I have to delete my cookies?
The only discount I know of right now is refer5 and it did not work when I was renewing my cancelled subscription.   Said it was only for new subscribers.

I adore the necklace. I would never have bought it on my own accord, but as soon as I got into work everyone loved it. Thank you POPSUGAR! Looking forward to many more surprises bold new lifestyle encounters.
Your so pretty- necklace looks amazing on you!!

Have to say, I was bummed to find out that the discount doesn't count for personalized items... The necklace I've had my eye one is a personalized one. Boooo....

i did month to month and used the refer5 code...so i can cancel and use the refer5 again under my same name for the 3 month?  thanks for any advice..i was also waitlisted for july and its coming through i like the contents excited to see it!
Probably not, REFER5 worked for me to purchase a 3 month sub after I canceled, however, it was my first time using this code. Wait until a new promo comes up!

After seeing the June box from one of my friends I decided to sub starting July. At first I wasn't too happy with it especially with the ice cube tray until I found out my friends and I were having a tea party for a friends bday. All of a sudden a bunch of ideas started running through my head and being that there will be a champagne fountain I decided to make frozen orange juice cubes to make mimosas. I guess it's a good way of getting something that you could use that you normally wouldn't buy on your own.

I

Probably not, REFER5 worked for me to purchase a 3 month sub after I canceled, however, it was my first time using this code. Wait until a new promo comes up!
I used refer5 twice. I created an account and gifted myself July AND August box. Two seperate transactions.

I got my box yesterday! I absolutely LOVE the color of the necklace! I took the longer chain off and am just wearing the short chain as the necklace and it looks pretty good. I'll probably cut the longer one up and make a few bracelets. The cookies were alright, but I wouldn't buy them. I really like the nail polish. The sunscreen might get used. And I've got my ice tray filled and sitting in the freezer and I'll drink my tea with the ice later, lol. Overall, not the best box, but I'm happy.

Just canceled my subscription.  Boo!  These PopSugar boxes are fun.  However, for me, they just haven't really worked.  Don't get me wrong, I have really enjoyed a few of the items that I've received in this subscription (I've only been subscribed for 4 months), but I kind of feel like I could spend the 35 bucks on something I *really* actually want and not just a box full of stuff I *might* use.  I think the necklace in this month's bag threw me over the edge.  I realize some people can pull this off and it looks great - I am not one of those people. I couldn't stop laughing when I put it on!  Plus, it does not lay nicely at all.  I wore it over to my mom's house the other day and when she saw me walk in the door I started quoting Mr. T - "I pity the fool!!"  At least we got a good laugh out of it anyway.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I'll still lurk around these PopSugar threads, though, just in case there is something from any upcoming boxes that I feel I "must have."

Makes sense. I'm sort of wanting to get more Truffle Clarity pouches - like the ones from the special edition boxes - but can't justify the price at $38. Seems like they could sell a lot (high volume) at a better price point (just slightly reduced).  In that case, I got it in the $100 luxury box.  Overall, I have been happy with the Popsugar boxes and will continue.  Definitely disappointed in this month's box with the necklace as it won't work for me personally (or any of my friends).  Kukos to those who can work it.

Wisconsin, I'm new to PopSugar but I don't think they normally release spoilers at all. The one for August is the only spoiler I've seen. 

AMAZING IDEA!!

I have to try this out for sure love it :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I went in search of those damn cookie chips at fresh market in Richmond today, and they didn't have them!!!! I'll check another location on my way home tonight, but I got the fresh market brand of cookie chips which were on sale and pretty yummy. Just not the same. Damn you elusive cookie chips!

I am loving all the ideas for the necklace.  I actually enjoyed the box this month.  While I wouldn't say it's my favorite, I have found a use for everything thus far except the necklace.  I can't wait to craft it up.  I think the ribbon idea and making it into two jewelry pieces is a wonderful idea.  

I was going to post a picture of my necklace after taking off one of the chains, but i cant figure out how to upload a picture. I'm using my phone.

I had an awards function to go to last night for a team of research doctors at the hospital where I work, and was a little nervous about would be appropriate attire.  I ended up wearing a classic little black dress and the rose gold necklace.  The only other accessories I wore was a pair of simple stud earrings.  The necklace looked stunning with my simple LBD, and I received a lot of compliments.  I think that's the type of accessory that how it looks really depends on what it's worn with. 

I'm going to try the necklace inside the open collar of a denim shirt next and with a black sweater in the fall.

Originally Posted by JBelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After seeing the June box from one of my friends I decided to sub starting July. At first I wasn't too happy with it especially with the ice cube tray until I found out my friends and I were having a tea party for a friends bday. All of a sudden a bunch of ideas started running through my head and being that there will be a champagne fountain I decided to make frozen orange juice cubes to make mimosas. I guess it's a good way of getting something that you could use that you normally wouldn't buy on your own.
Orange juice cubes for mimosas is a great idea!  I was thinking of making ice cubes with a fresh mint leaf in each for minted ice tea, or putting another herb or a small strawberry in the ice cubes.  I have a friend who gets Pop Sugar Must Have as well, and she is using her ice cube tray to organize her earrings and rings inside a drawer.

Orange juice cubes for mimosas is a great idea!  I was thinking of making ice cubes with a fresh mint leaf in each for minted ice tea, or putting another herb or a small strawberry in the ice cubes.  I have a friend who gets Pop Sugar Must Have as well, and she is using her ice cube tray to organize her earrings and rings inside a drawer.
Those are fantastic ideas!!

Coconut water ice cubes go great with vodka, whiskey and other liquors!

Just used the NCLA nail lacquer on my toenails and the formula was really nice! Very opaque and easy to apply, probably could get away with only one coat. I'm pretty impressed!

The polish looks really great on tan fingers! I am considering redoing my recent pedi to use this color on my toes.

Back