PopSugar Special Edition Fall 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got my box. I was very bummed when I saw the spoilers but now that I have the items, I feel a little better.

The scarf is nicer than I expected. The print would definitely not be my 1st choice. It seems better suited for an older demographic than what I think is the average age of a PS subscriber. That being said, I was 99.9% sure I was going to trade it & now that I have it, I think I will keep it. It'll be nice for work or dinner out with my in-laws or grandma :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The knit hat is darker than I expected. I thought it would be cream but it is more tan. I live in California so I'm not sure how much use it'll get. But, it's soft & Joie so I'm happy with it. Although, I would have much preferred gloves or a scarf from this brand.

It does bother me immensely that the scarf & hat don't match!

I love gummies but they don't seem "fall like".

I like the perfume but feel it would be better suited for a Spring or Summer box. It's very sweet. I personally like sugary scents but I think it's a scent that more people will dislike than like.

I could do without the lipstick & cleanser but if I can trade these for items I want/need, I'm happy.

I do feel like the box is missing an item. A candle in a fall scent would have been nice.

Was the box worth $100 to me? No. Would I have spent $20 on each of the five items (gummies don't count)? No...I would have spent $20 on the hat & $20 on the scarf, if I loved the print (which I don't).

It's not the worst LE box but definitely not their best.

I actually really like the hat.  Would I pay $98 for it?  Absolutely not.  I'm torn about the scarf. The color is fine but the print is a bit odd.  As others have said, the gummies feel more Summery and not really something that should be in a limited edition box.  I like the cleanser and the lipstick. The lipstick is pretty bright on my fair skin but I found if it I dot it on and blot it, it looks pretty nice.  Like everyone else, I feel this box is missing an item. The retail prices for the scarf and hat are HIGHLY inflated.  Even though one could claim the contents of the box outvalue the cost, I do not agree.  While everything in the box was fine, it felt more like something we would get in a monthly box rather than a $100 Limited Edition Box.

If someone can explain to me how to post photos in this forum, I will post a photo of me wearing the hat for reference.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like Popsugar definitely bait-and-switched us with the Joie spoiler. I guess it's why they released a 'hint' instead of the actual spoiler, so people would think it was the gloves or the scarf. Honestly, this is my last LE box from them until they stop inflating the value of the items so much.

Popsugar, if you're reading this, stop trying to pass off cheap items as worth $140+! It doesn't fool anyone. Go back to getting more brands interested in promoting their (lesser but more honestly valued) products.

[SIZE=14.3999996185303px]I'm surprised so many people hate the hat. I think it's adorable, but it's a winter hat...not fall.  I'm actually more disappointed that the candy/food item isn't more fall oriented. [/SIZE]

I feel like if they had put the scarf from the regular PS box in this box...it would have read more Fall-ish. That scarf reads more "Fall" to me. Plus it would have matched with the hat more than the cobalt blue Marchesa scarf. 

I agree the box feels like it needs one more item and it could have been that one more item that tied everything in the box together. If we had gotten something like a bread mix (pumpkin!) instead of the gummies... BOOM: FALL BOX. 

They should have put the gummies in the regular August box and put that cookie mix (in the mason jar!) in the LE box. THAT would  have made more sense. I don't know about you, but I do not like turning on my oven in the summer. 

Popsugar, feel free to hire me for a consulting gig anytime. 

[SIZE=14.3999996185303px]I'm surprised so many people hate the hat. I think it's adorable, but it's a winter hat...not fall.  I'm actually more disappointed that the candy/food item isn't more fall oriented. [/SIZE]
That's exactly it.  I bought a fall box expecting fall items, since I live in Cali our "winter" doesn't get cold and I can rock fall stuff all "winter" long.  An actual winter hat doesn't do me any good. 

To me it looks a lot more elegant than the other scarves I got from PS and it's not a winter scarf. Way too light for that.

Also the scent .. very vanilla/holiday baking etc ...
I measured the scarf, about 65 x 24 inches. Weight is 2 oz.

Good description of the scent!

The perfume made me gag. So cloying!!!  I wish the scarf was longer.  I love the hat (see my profile pic) but...again..it is a WINTER item.  Not a FALL item. And no one would ever pay $98 for that!

I can see now why they didn't really offer spoilers.  Because nothing is really spoiler worthy in the box.  I think they knew people wouldn't subscribe when they found out they were getting ANOTHER scarf!!!

I think I may be done with LE boxes. I said that after the awful RESORT box but now I think I really am done.  The quality just isn't there.

The scarf unfolds and it's the size of a regular scarf.

I got my box, but it's missing the lipstick and gummies. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> BOO!

Ugggggh, I have been stalking my tracking, and noticed my box hasn't updated since it left Sacramento 7 days ago. I just called FedEx, and was told they will have to start a trace on it, because of no movement. I want that box in my hands, and not to end up in someone else's.
Ladies, we have movement, lol. It's funny how after you make a phone call, all of sudden your box is found, and it starts moving along just fine. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got my box, but it's missing the lipstick and gummies. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> BOO!
Oh no! I hate when boxes are missing an item(s)! Maybe along with the gummies and lipstick they will send you the "missing jewelry item" too..haha  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in Ma and my box has been sitting in CA since Friday.  Ugh...  Anyway, Ive seen the spoilers and Im kind of meh about it.  I think if this was a monthly box and I paid $40, I would love it but not for $100.  To me, there was nothing special about it and seemed more like a monthly.  I love the hat and hope it fits well, I like the cleanser and gummies, Im not really into the shade of blue on the scarf so I may gift it to someone who will appreciate it more, the lipstick is a little too bright/dark for my taste (I typically wear glosses) and I wont know if I like the perfume until I can actually smell it. 

I absolutely loved last Falls Special Edition box and was hoping this would be just as good.  Oh well...

They forgot my gummies and sent me 2 of the perfumes lol. I was really looking forward to that after work snack. oh well.

I ended up giving most of my box to my mom. She was in heaven. 

They forgot my gummies and sent me 2 of the perfumes lol. I was really looking forward to that after work snack. oh well.

I ended up giving most of my box to my mom. She was in heaven.
Haha, I was looking forward to the gummies too! When I was unwrapping everything, I thought the bag that the perfume came in was the gummies. I was like "Oh man, that's small!" That's when I realized they were missing. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

fancyfarmer, on 04 Sept 2014 - 08:52 AM, said:Ugggggh, I have been stalking my tracking, and noticed my box hasn't updated since it left Sacramento 7 days ago. I just called FedEx, and was told they will have to start a trace on it, because of no movement. I want that box in my hands, and not to end up in someone else's.
 Same thing for me - no update since August 28th.  Sadly with this box, I would be happier if it got lost and I just got the credit back. 

My box arrived today and well... I might have liked it more had it been the monthly box... but for $100, it's not worth it for me.  The perfume is yuck (sweet scents just are NOT my thing) and the cleanser is too sweet for me too (though I may use it anyways).  Neither one screams fall... I agree that both of these should have been in a spring or summer type box.  I don't wear lipstick.  The hat and scarf will get some use maybe once or twice this "winter" in Phoenix.  I seriously LOVE the gummies.  All in all, it's an ok box but would I have paid $100 for it had I known what was in it?  No way!

I wonder if it would serve PS (& its customers) better to list the brands featured in the LE box. I don't know. They really need to give a sneak peak but at least knowing what brands would be featured would give us more of an idea of if it would be worth our $100.

Latest posts

Back