Pressed Mineral Makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I seem to be constantly cleaning up the loose powder in my bathroom....love the colors and the texture, hate the clean up, and if it lets loose in my purse, well that's just great!

the only MMU i have tried is JIs and i was sold the pressed powder.

i love the way it looks on my face. i have never worn foundation, never could get used to the mask feeling and hated the false look. i have just ordered some samples of loose powder from Lumiere. JI was $49 and although it will last a while, thats so much money!!! also the problem is, if you want to blend the colour with another, you cant, thats why i want to try the loose powders, at least if i make a bad choice i havent totally wasted my money. my makeup lasts all day, so dont see why you need to take it around anyway??? are you going day to night out?

I bought a kit that allows you to press your own mineral makeup. It was pretty easy and I like it but either I goofed up or something because it doesn't seem to hold together as well as conventional pressed makeup. What I mean is the powders seem to require a very light hand or they'll break or fly everywhere.

I use Youngblood (my very first HG!) for pressed mineral foundation. I've experienced powder spills in my makeup kit from loose foundation, so a pressed compact is indeed a good idea.

I recommend Youngblood if you're not sensitive to bismuth. The compact is slim and rectangular, so it's easy to fit into a small makeup kit or the inner pocket of your bag/purse. And the design inside is good...The sponge isn't sitting on top of the powder, and it's not a two-level compact where you have to flip up the powder level to get your sponge under it; here it's quite simple - the powder's on the left side and the sponge has its own place on the right side.

aubrey nicole will be offering pressed foundation soon. everday minerals offers it now but in limited selection. fair pink, fair yellow, and fairly light golden.

Has anyone here tried EM's pressed powders yet? I am really wanting to, but trying to wait until they come out with more colors. I've also read about some issues with the packaging, so maybe if I wait it out, that will get better too.

Originally Posted by carmonious /img/forum/go_quote.gif Has anyone here tried EM's pressed powders yet? I am really wanting to, but trying to wait until they come out with more colors. I've also read about some issues with the packaging, so maybe if I wait it out, that will get better too. That's what I'm wondering. I'm tempted to just buy one and try it! I don't knopw whteher I'd be fairly yellow or ffairly light golden.

I'v ask Aubreynicole if the have the pressed minerals but the havent yet..

Im still waiting for this..

I tried Jane Iardale and Its not worth the money.. but I'v tried EDM too... and I love it. its very worth the money!

I like the coverage (very good) and the exactlly match.. and the price. its great product. highlly recommended..!!!

what does the EDM foundation look like? I mean, what kind of finish does it give? does anyone have a pic of them wearing it?

Originally Posted by citre /img/forum/go_quote.gif what does the EDM foundation look like? I mean, what kind of finish does it give? does anyone have a pic of them wearing it? Well, the new EDM website is supposed to launch tomorrow, and the new pressed powders should be there at the same time. Hopefully!
yess.gif
Hopefully, too, they will have a larger "get this look" gallery, which would include models wearing pressed powder.

SimiSimi100

which color in the pressed EDM did you try?? I can also wear light medicum warm in Lumiere's loose powder like you so I wondered which shade of pressed you use.

Originally Posted by easterdawn /img/forum/go_quote.gif SimiSimi100which color in the pressed EDM did you try?? I can also wear light medicum warm in Lumiere's loose powder like you so I wondered which shade of pressed you use.

hi there.. I tried the fairly yellow (the darkest) and its very good for my summer days..

becouse its a little bit dark on me.. but its beautifull when Im tan..

I like the coverage and the texture..

Originally Posted by simisimi100 /img/forum/go_quote.gif hi there.. I tried the fairly yellow (the darkest) and its very good for my summer days..

becouse its a little bit dark on me.. but its beautifull when Im tan..

I like the coverage and the texture..

oh great, i have medium skin tone so may be this will match, and it's inexpensive, i'll try it ^__^

Hey ladies!

I think I might just try EDM's pressed powder. According to MakeupAlley reviews, the Fairly Light Golden should match those who are NC30, C3, C30, and maybe NC25. :]

Has anyone tried this site? Welcome to Beautiful Diva

They have pressed everything, which I find really appealing, but they also seem to have really terrible sampling options (although they do have a pressed sample option which is good).

Back