Public restroom anxiety?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been noticing at work that when I go in to use the restroom sometimes there are women that seem to hide in the stalls. They won't make any noise or do their business or leave the stall. They just sit in there hiding. I'm guessing that they don't want to be caught making any "embarassing" noises. I usually just do my business and leave, but I'm starting to pick up on their anxiety. I'm starting to feel weird about using the restroom when someone else is in there. Does anyone else feel this way? I've heard that public restroom anxiety is common, but when you gotta go, you gotta go!! :inwc:

I do feel weird about using the bathroom with other people in there... I guess for the embarassing noise reason more than anything else... also I get performance anxiety in there, like sometimes if there are people in there and I hear them moving around or making noise or (even worse) talking to other people in there... I just can't go. I don't know why... *shrugs* just uncomfortable or something I guess :eusa_snooty:

I have always felt SO weird doing anything besides peeing in a public bathroom. I know it's all natural - but it still makes me all odd!

I used to be like this till I got an infection from holding it in for 12 HOURS! Now I say it just isnt worth it .

even if you end up alone someone could walk in at any second, which is the worst. if i don't want to be emabarrassed and i cant make it home i just stop in somewhere i don't usually go. i guess guys dont have the restroom anxiety thanks to urinals.

I have a little bit of anxiety about public restrooms, but sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.

I always find women "hiding" in the stalls. Sometimes I think the washroom is empty until they move their feet, it's weird! I definitely get public washroom anxiety, all the time in fact!

LOL, it's so true. Personally, I hate using public toilets but that's another matter.

You know, I used to feel weird about the damned sound we make when we urinate... You can't tell me no one makes noise peeing! Eventually I got over it and realized basically all women make it... I was younger then too...

I get restroom anxiety. Normally, I can pee no problem, unless a friend is in there with me and is chatting away. It's like my bladder doesn't want me to miss anything in the conversation?? LOL But unless I REALLY have to go, I have problems with, well, pooping (can you tell I'm a mom, using that word? LOL) if someone else is in there. Don't know why, everyone has gas, but for some reason, it's embarassing.

It's not always anxiety. Believe it or not, many people take naps:icon_eek: :sleep: in the restroom. They feel comfortable, I find this to be disgusting! :inwc:

i hate using public bathrooms. i use to always huver, but now i'm just like whatever.

I only use public toilets if its a full-on EMERGENCY !

but if I go to my school bathroom and fix my make-up or whatever a girl will be in the stall pissing away but when i walk in it just stops ! && finishes once I leave again

or when I go to pee because I don't wanna like piss my pants the girl in the stall who was in there like 30 seconds before me won't pee until I pee so it's like you need the saftey of my pissing to cover your pissing insecurites or what ? haha

I used to have that problem, but now it's really "Is someone watching me through the walls" kinda thing, which is why I never use public bathrooms.

i have performance anxiety when and if i ever have to poop in a public restroom and try to avoid it at all costs, but sometimes you just can't. what really freaks me out though is when there are 10 or so stalls all empty except for me and someone will come in and take the stall right next to mine! give me some space people!!!

that and when someone is talking on their cellphone while they pee - that is just bad and wrong.

lol. I just try to be as quiet as I can. The only thing that really bugs me is if I'm in a stall and someone else is talking on their phone in the bathroom. That's pretty akward. lol. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back