QOTD 5/10/2013 Sponge, fingertips, brush, airbrush... which do you prefer?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use my urban decay optical blurring brush for bad skin days and a beautyblender when I want my foundation to be more sheer.  My fingers are way too clumsy lol 

For my foundation, I use my fingers, mostly. For everything else? Definitely brushes. I know this one girl who can do a full face of makeup using only her fingers. Talk about being jealous. I wish I could do that. It'd save me the hours I spend CLEANING brushes! 

I

I meant to say I have not found a makeup brush with which I am comfortable to apply foundation. Of course I use brushes for many other applications. 
smilehappyyes.gif
I didn't have a brush I liked either until I booth Urban Decays optical blurring brush. It blends beautifully without wasting product.

I mainly use brushes from MAC but also have a few beautyblenders plus my fingers are always good for blending!

I just started using the beauty blender that I got in a birchbox and i love it, but didn't realize that I was wasting product because the sponge soaks up extra makeup... hmm, may have to reconsider now...

I am a brush girl all of the way. Fingertips are good if you want full coverage application. It's kind of hard to get a light wash of color with your fingers lol. I enjoy the beauty blender. its a neat little tool. But Brushes are just the best in my opinion. They make a brush for anything you need. for every crevice of your face. My favorite brushes are Mac And sigma although I find some mac brushes shed more then others and my sigma ones hardly ever shed. Also Sephora has some amazing brushes from their on line. definitely worth a peek. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I gotta stand up for the underdog, I am in love with airbrush foundation. it literally leaves a flawless complexion and is so light on my face and it is the only thing that can cover up my dark eye circles. While the initial purchase of the machine is an investment ( i got mine from dinair a couple months back for about $175 isn) after that ive only bought 1 bottle of foundation months ago for $20, since i only use a few drops each time. Seriously once i switched to airbrush, i never looked back lol

Brushes for applying, beauty blender for blending everything nicely, and I use my fingers to blend cream shadows and blushes/stains. 💗

Brushes for any powder product, but I use my finger for most cream things. (liquid foundation, concealer, primer, cream blush, etc)

Fingertips for liquid (they blend it well) and brushes of various density for powders. A sponge "drinks" a lot of foundation, so it is a no-no for me. The only airbrushing I ever tried is Dior spray foundation and this application didn't leave me impressed - after all you still need to blend the foundation a bit.

Synthetic brushes. They dont soak up any product and deposit it on your skin, eyelids or lips smoothly

I prefer either a beautyblender type of sponge or my stippling brush. My fingertips don't work well with some of my thicker foundation. It all comes down to the foundation texture I'm working. But my stippling brush never fails. 

I prefer the beauty blender. But funny enough, I dont use them as often as I'd like. I apply foundation or tinted creams each morning during my work week and the beauty blenders can collect a lot of leftover foundation and get dirty quickly. On a special day I'll use a beauty blender, but for morning rushes I'll resort to the disposable sponge wedges from the drugstore.

I mainly prefer brushes. There are products I apply with my fingers and sometimes I use a sponge, but brushes are by far what I use the most.

Back