QOTD 5/10/2013 Sponge, fingertips, brush, airbrush... which do you prefer?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always use my fingers for my foundation, consealer, etc. I have MAC stippling brush but it always makes my coverage look streaky. I've never airbrushed or used a sponge but I've always wondered how closely the Sonia Kashuk sponge resembled the Beauty Blender. Anyone have experience with both of these tools?

I have always used fingers for foundation..but would like to purchase a brush kit with all appropriate brushes to try ..airbrush would be wonderful but not practical for day to day..

I used to use a regular makeup sponge for my foundation until someone at Sephora suggested the Beauty Blender. OMG...I absolutely LOVE the results I get with it! Beautiful!

For everything else like powder, blushes, shadow and so on, I use brushes.

I've never used my fingers, don't know why....I guess it just feels strange to me?

My fingers for foundation usually, sometimes if I have extra time I use a stippling brush. Fingers for concealer and eye primer. Sponge for cheek cream bronzer. Brushes for everything else!

Brushes definitely! Much better application than fingers and saves getting foundation finger prints over everything! Sponges are really difficult to clean and airbrushing sounds very expensive for everyday!

The only thing I ever use my fingers for is primer (Both face and eyelid). I use MAC 190 for foundation or Elf's powder flat head brush (it blends liquid foundation so well you'd be surprised!) I've never used a sponge before, it seems like it would leave lines or something or not blend well. I don't know maybe I'm just weird :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I am a wedding hair and makeup artist and I use airbrush makeup on 99% of my brides. You simply can't beat that flawless look.  Here is why I love it.

Precise application.  I can cover exactly what I need and apply the lightest veil over everything else.  The end result looks like (perfect!) bare skin.

There are no hard edges so you don't need to worry about blending down the neck etc.

If I need to cover a scar or birthmark I have a paramedical formula that covers ANYTHING (inc tattoos) without looking thick and cakey.

It is much more hygienic as the makeup goes straight from the bottle into the airbrush and is then blown onto the skin.  No bacteria-filled brushes!

Airbrush makeup is truly HD camera friendly.  The pixels are teeny tiny and the camera can't pick them up, unlike brush or sponge strokes.

It is quick!

The only time I use any other tools for my base is for the under eye concealer which apply with my fingers and then "polish" with a fluffy blending brush.

Take a peek at my website  and see those brides glowing!  Love love love the airbrush. http://www.MySecretSalon.com

I had brought a beauty blender from IMATS last year and I just started using it. I must say I feel in love with it!!!!

Back