Quarterly Co. Bianca Jade / Mizzfit **SPOILERS**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To the East Coast may be longer as the weather delays are sorted out.  Mine is set to delivery on Saturday and I'm in the South.

I just got home and my box was in my door. I was excited to see what was included other than the spoilers. Unfortunately, I was sorely disappointed that the only thing in the box besides the spoilers is a coupon for Lucy that is for 15% off.

So the contents are:

Fit book life

Snap super candy - one serving size

Booya fitness membership - one month

Mizzfit & Pointe studio barre socks - two pair

Eyeko mascara

Strawberry crush facial scrub

and last the big item from Lucy -

15% off on your next purchase at Lucy.com. It says Even on sale items!!

Not that I don't love what was in the box but it was hinted that there was more and this is definitely not a value of $200.

Hmm, that is disappointing! I thought it is $200 value... Bianca could just say it is over $100, nor it is around $200... :-(

I just got home and my box was in my door. I was excited to see what was included other than the spoilers. Unfortunately, I was sorely disappointed that the only thing in the box besides the spoilers is a coupon for Lucy that is for 15% off.

So the contents are:

Fit book life

Snap super candy - one serving size

Booya fitness membership - one month

Mizzfit & Pointe studio barre socks - two pair

Eyeko mascara

Strawberry crush facial scrub

and last the big item from Lucy -

15% off on your next purchase at Lucy.com. It says Even on sale items!!

Not that I don't love what was in the box but it was hinted that there was more and this is definitely not a value of $200.
thank you for posting this! Which fitbook did you get? Was it the 3 month book? Do you have box pics?

Disappointing. This is my first box from Bianca, and the first that I haven't been thrilled with (maybe I should've skipped it and waited). I guess some of that is because she said the value would be about $200. So, the only additional thing that was in the box was the coupon was disappointing as I'd have to spend more money to be able to use it. Maybe my thoughts will change when my box gets here though.

@@skyflower yes it is the three month journal. Can't wait to start using it! Sorry no box pics.

I posted on MSA about this box too because Bianca posted on the spoilers for this box and said she was surprised in the lack of faith in her, she said "these are merely spoilers of course it's not the whole box" when, in fact, besides the coupon which really has no value, it WAS the whole box. So, if she hadn't posted that and said the value of the box was $200 I wouldn't have anticipated more and been so disappointed.

@@skyflower yes it is the three month journal. Can't wait to start using it! Sorry no box pics.

I posted on MSA about this box too because Bianca posted on the spoilers for this box and said she was surprised in the lack of faith in her, she said "these are merely spoilers of course it's not the whole box" when, in fact, besides the coupon which really has no value, it WAS the whole box. So, if she hadn't posted that and said the value of the box was $200 I wouldn't have anticipated more and been so disappointed.
I feel like Bianca is overly defensive at any criticism, constructive or not.  She ends up overselling it and setting us up to have too high expectations.  If the energy bites are a single serving and it's only a 15% off Lucy coupon, that really doesn't add much value to what was posted on MSA.  She would have been better off just staying quiet and letting the box speak for itself.  It's still technically a good box.

I didn't personally see the instagram post where she said MIZ06 is worth $200 but I know someone else on here did.  Is there a chance that it was meant for a different (past or future) box?  Otherwise that is really misleading of Bianca.  If she is going to give us legitimate spoilers, great, but otherwise I would prefer if she stayed quiet and I could enjoy my subscription without feeling misled.  She does a great job with the curation and $106 is still a good value for a $50 box, but now we all feel let down.   

Last edited by a moderator:
Received my box today. I didn't take photos since we all saw the spoilers. The other differences are the single serving of the Super Candy (Caramel flavor) and the 15% off coupon for Lucy. Both were mentioned above. The Lucy card is a bit odd as the card itself says it's for regular priced items only, but the letter from Bianca says it's for anything (including sale items). Either way, I don't think it's something I'd use since it would mean spending more money. The Fitbook I received was the black/grey one. It looks nice, I haven't opened it yet though. 

yes, I get the feeling that maybe Quarterly pushed Bianca to ship this as is. It is definitely missing something. I think I'm done with Quarterly.

Eek, I asked Bianca about the $200 comment on the twitters and apparently they had a brand pull out last minute. I feel bad :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Ok, that would explain everything...

It was so unusual of Bianca to hint there was more items in the box and value of around $200, when it's $106. I was supriced and confused, but know I understand.

I also got my box today, everything is the same as discussed above. I wonder why advertise there would be more value (re: comment on the MSA spoiler post) before everything is cast in stone and is actually in the box. Until it is not in the box you cannot advertise it, so to say a brand decided not to be included last minute, it's not like they took the product out of the boxes.Now that Q dos not take returns, it is so easy to mislead and false advertise.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually did follow up my twitter conversation with Bianca via email, and specifically mentioned that now that Quarterly changed their return policy, we are all extra sensitive about wanting to pick our boxes carefully and wanted to be confident that we are getting a good value.  Bianca has been SUPER NICE and SUPER PROFESSIONAL and I feel bad for publicly calling her out.  She said that she tried to delay the box to add another brand but it was a no go...I wonder if Quarterly is working on being more consistent since people have been so unhappy with the delays, plus at $106 it's not like it's a crappy box, just not the value Bianca stated in one instagram comment like 7 weeks ago. 

After talking to Bianca, I can tell that she really does care what we think and tries to take in all of the feedback she gets so she can keep us happy.  It sounds like she works hard to get us stuff from companies she truly believes in.  I am actually really impressed with her now that I have talked to her a bit and will definitely stay subscribed. 

I actually love this box, just a little disappointed as i had expected a little something more.  (probably lucy pulled out because there's only a coupon?).  I bought 2 extra boxes to gift because i knew that the fitbooks would be in there and i know my recipients will love it because they won't be expecting more to be in the box  that what's in there ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

that spoiler vid pretty much had the whole box then.  my box will show up on monday, and i'm getting over not expecting anything more to be in the box, and i'm re-getting excited over the box if that makes sense.

it's just bad timing about Q updating their return policy for those that don't find their value in the box as-is

I know she was trying to get a gym bag clutch into her box too, I think the value of it was $75ish. I read a post from her that her Quarterly subscribers would love her forever if she could get it to work out. 

I personally still think this is a really good box, double the price of the sub as far as value goes and I do think it's well curated. The cost of the FitBook (the one item that I really wanted) at Target is $20 so everything else is basically $30. 

I like Bianca and I like what she's about so I'll stay subscribed. I kind of hate Quarterly now though. I really wish there was another company that was doing the same thing but better. 

I feel bad for being so disappointed about the box after hearing about the conversation you had with Bianca,@lauradiniwilk. Like I mentioned, I'm still happy about the box, just disappointed it wasn't up to expectations because of what Bianca said. I think it would've been a lot better if she would've mentioned/updated about the company that pulled out. She mentioned on the 14th on MSA that there would be more spoilers and then I didn't hear anything about the box again until I received my shipment information from Quarterly. I wonder why Quarterly wouldn't work with her about shipping a bit later though. 

I think I'll stay subscribed to her box as well. She's always been good at curating them, so I'll chalk it up to everything Quarterly decided to change last minute (return policy, etc). 

Back