Rant about spouse stupidity.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Tht really sucks...I'm not sure what to say. Unfortunately, unless he bought the bike used, returning it will cost you money because it won't be worth as much as he paid for it. It is, however, a very serious breach of trust! Wow!

uh oh, yeah thats not cool at all. He should have talked to you first about it, instead of making such an impulse move...I would...I would...well I would talk to him and tell him he needs to get his priorities straight cause its NOT ALL ABOUT HIM!!!

You should take it back or sell it. Then since he was so irresponsible take all the money and deposit it into a new savings account that is in your name only. I would seriously consider keeping all your accounts seperate from now on. Sorry that happened and I hope you end up with all your money back and if you dont make him make up the difference.

Originally Posted by Anthea /img/forum/go_quote.gif Umm its not just men who do that kind of thing from my own personal experences. I agree; it's not just men. I know a lot of couples who hide what they spend, use joint savings without consent, and use other shady tactics of "financial infidelity."
I can't even imagine how upset you must be.

Wow, I'm shocked. If something like that happened to me I would leave him, seriously. Not that I'm telling you you should, but that's a huge thing for me. As has been said before he basically stole your money.

I'd slap him with a stiletto shoe, besides doing what Carolyn said.

Holy crud. That made me angry just reading that. I don't know what to tell you. I would be so freaking peeved. Ugh. I'm so sorry.
madd.gif

Originally Posted by ag10v /img/forum/go_quote.gif I would literally make him sell the bike!! Man, just reading this is making mad and its not even my husband!!! Ditto!!

OMG I too was incredibly angry just reading it! ARG!!

I agree, make him sell it, then get an account which requires both signatures, OR separate accounts. What makes me angry is that it wasn't just HIS money he used (or what he put into the account) - it was money that you had both given and you haven't got anything back.

Major betrayal of trust and I would be unbelievably angry. In fact, I AM that angry on your behalf! god I'm glad I'm not the only one who wants to smack that inconsiderate jerkoff across the face!

I think if he is so up himself to say your over reacting, you should print out all these replys and present it to him. You are not over reacting.

I hope it works out for you.

ditto what Anthea said~

i would say sell his bike when he wasn't home, but that would be like fighting fire with fire.

he should apologize, at least. and maybe let you spend his check on some shoes or something for yourself.

You have every right to be angry. If I was in your situation, I'd be seriously considering if I wanted to be married to someone who could be so thoughtless and selfish.

wow you are so not overreacting i completely agree with you. you guys were saving up together, he can't just take that money and buy crap he wants when he feels like it without talking to you! maybe you should ask him how he would feel if one day he took all the money that he was saving up so that you could buy something only you could use?

Tell Hubby that your going to learn to drive it.....Joint account = joint bike.....that will guarenteed get an overreaction...from him.

Thanks guys for the reassurance! I told my mom about it and she even thinks i'm overreacting.
sleepyhead.gif
Last night I gave him an ultimatum get rid of the bike, or I'm gone. It might seem kind of harsh but this is a big thing to me. It's about the trust and the respect you're supposed to have towards each other, and frankly he has lost all of his. I don't know why he thought I would just let this slide.

wtf.gif

That is such a terrible thing to do! I hope you are able to work this out... and, consider going to counseling or leaving him. It doesn't sound like he respects you, and I think respect is a HUGE deal in a marriage.

Back