Rave for Physicians Formula!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's funny because, i was looking at the new 50% water make up today as well! The past two trips i took to the drug store i've been lemming for this but, i'm kind of worried about how it will look on the skin and how the coverage is going to be. Please do tell!

That sounds like a great product! My mother-in-law has been looking for some good makeup for acne prone skin, I'm definitely going to recommend this to her now :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

mac-whore, is the PF makeup you bought a liquid formula? you make me wanna try it out!

I like PF but its hit and miss i think. some products are great, some are terrible. So far I had liquid eyeliner (this was the worst cosmetic I ever bought), planet blush (blush+highlighter, great stuff), planet eyeshadows (im not sure if they still produce them. I really like them, they seemed to light to me at the begining but then I changed my mind, they give subtee effect but enhance the eye so nicely and they blend easily).

Oh I also had some eyebrow pencil and it wasnt too good. the color was weird, didnt look natural at all.

The Talc Free foundation is most excellent. It dries to a smooth matte finish and concealer goes right on top and blends in really well.

I also bought the mineral eye shadow duos, actually two of them. Natural Minerals,and Taupe Minerals. The Taupe has a light shade and a darker shade, and the Natural Minerals has two in between shades. I wish I would have bought the third duo as well, but I figured they pretty much looked alike, but now I see how they actually are quite different once you put them on. They come with a brush. I really like this product, because it gives you a little or a lot of color. I also noticed that the shadow lasted the whole day, and didn't crease like the other stuff I have. The only thing I don't like about any mineral product is that when you put the brush on it, a lot comes off and I end up blowing it in the sink. I know you are supposed to tap it, but it doesn't work for eye shadows.

I get the stuff at Walgreens, because almost every month or two they have a 40% off sale, and I stock up. I threw out all my other compacts and now I only use PS.

i was wondering about PF mineral makeup when it came out ..... now i kinda want to try it .

so far i've tried the concealer and they r terrible .. .heavy and cakes

.. liquid eyeliner ... love this stuff ... i stopped using pencil liners .. cuz ... the line is too thick ....

baked eyeshadow ...these are fun .... have never tried them wet though ....

glad you found something you love!

PF just doesn't appeal to me, for some reason!

The kind i bought was Mineral Wear, it's in mineral form.. like a powder. If I understand correctly they have it in liquid form as well, though.. but, i've never seen or tried it.

Oh I see. I thought it was loose powder, when I seen it in the store, but later I noticed many people refer to it as Foundation.

I think this is liquid one:

02447.jpg

and this is "lose powder" one:

02449.jpg

So, as I understand, you have the second one, right?

(Do you use the brush that came with it, or some other one? I read in the reviews that the one that comes with it is not too good)

BTW, look at their Shimmer Strips... Look much alike Bobby brown shimmer brick! :laughing:

02456.jpg

wow .... shimmer strips does look like the bobbi brown shimmer brick!! ... wonder if it has the same effect !! PF is coming out w/a lot of new things now

Yes, I have the 2nd one. I've been using the orignal brush and it's been working for me as far as application but, it does shed alot.. so, i'm sure there's something better that I could apply it with.

Hi, I'm kinda new here and this is my first post. Hello to everyone!

I also bought the second one (loose powder) and love it so far. But I was a little confused on which color to get. Which color did you buy?

All in all, seems like a great product so far. I'm looking forward to trying some more of their products.

I bought the loose mineral wear foundation from PF too, and I'm somewhat at a loss as to how to apply it. I tried it the first day over moisturizer and primer (which is my usual routine with liquid or cream foundations), and it caked in spots and didn't go on evenly at all.

The next day, I tried it over a totally bare face and it didn't cake as much, but then it seemed to make my skin look dry and was too noticeable on my face for my tastes.

Am I doing something wrong? I would appreciate anyone else who's tried it letting me know what you use under it, if anything.

Thanks!

The only thing I can figure is your skin may be dry, or it may be drying to your skin!

I'm using Sand Beige. I just took a chance on it, I wasn't sure which color to get but, it looked like the closest to my natural skin tone and it blends into my skin perfectly so, i'm happy with it.

Well, i put on moisturizer right after i wash my face.. and then pat it dry some.. and let it sit for a good while. If your face is still '' wet ''.. it's going to make the powder catch the wetness and go on icky. I make sure my face is dry to the touch before i put it on.. hopefully this helps some, if not.. i'm not sure what else it could be. I've heard of some people not liking mineral foundations and it could be because of different skin type.. but, good luck.

Ok, I tried the Maybelline Pure foundation this morning..it is nice. It blended easily, and it is really 'liquidy' but not in a bad way. Good coverage, but not like my old foundation, of course I expected that because it was thicker and oil based. It feels wierd because it is so light. It feels as if I'm not wearing anything. It's really easy to blend though, and you don't have to worry about using too much for your trouble spots because it doesn't cake or anything like that. Overall it is a pretty good foundation..hopefully it will help my skin. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have been looking for the PF loose mineral locally but haven't found it yet. I haven't exhausted all resources yet, I'll keep on the search. I did buy some Aromaleigh samples today too. I wish I could buy a sample of the PF so I could compare the two before I decide which to buy. I guess I could get the PF and return it if I like the Aromaleigh better. That would be terribly wrong wouldn't it? LOL

I also have the Baked Oatmeal e/s and like them very well. I do love the colors, but prefer loose powder e/s as well, so I'm still playing with them. I did wear them dry one day and wet another and can tell you the difference. The shimmer was more intense wet and it definitely stayed on longer wet. It was a nice subtle effect when dry though, I'd say it's better for daytime wear if applied dry.

If you use it wet, definitely use a primer or good foundation under it, as I forgot my primer and it creased like crazy. The next night when I did it wet I used primer and it was fine.

Now to wait for my Aromaleigh samples to see if I fall in love with it, or continue the search for the PF to try.

HQ

There is another post about this somewhere. I love the stuff! There isn't much in PF that I don't like. I don't know why I waste my money on more expensive stiff just to be disappointed.

Yep, I have the loose and pressed versions, and I love them! I think I like the loose better, because the shade is a better match.

I do what mac-whore does, I let my moisturizer sink in a good long time, as long as possible (I use cetaphil cream), I usually put it on after I wash my face, then go find something to wear and log onto mut for a couple minutes :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and then go apply it. I do pat my face sometimes with a tissue to get the surface moisture off.

This stuff also works great over liquid fdtn, I often use it over my Revlon CS softflex, and it works great and doesn't cake up.

Back