Recommend one MMU that so far you love

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Typically if a MMU accentuates fine lines and dryness it's because of too heavy an application. So you may want to give it a try again and go lighter. I have really dry skin and my favorite is Lumiere Flawless Foundation. I am still always trying others because I never know if I'll find something else that's better. Lumiere has inexpensive samples- so you may want to give it a try. I wore BE for almost 5 years. Lumiere has some of the best brushes for reasonable prices too and shipping is included.

the only one I have tried so far is from bare escentuals & I do like it a lot, but not everyone's skin is the same nor does everyone have the needs from a makeup, so there's not like one perfect makeup out there for everyone. Hope you find one that works well for you!

I just sent away for samples from every day minerals & ocean mist, hopefully I'll find a good one out of the bunch!

Hoozey,

Can you tell me all the ones you've tried so far? I got super dry skin also.. I want to know what didn't work for ya.. Thanks! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Lisey-

I have tried:

BE, littlestuff4u pure minerals, Monave, Signature, Lumiere, Lauress, Meow and Milan as far as foundations go. Lauress elemental did not make me feel dry at all but it was too sheer of coverage because of some pigmentation issues I have. As far as feel, that one is amazing. BE worked great until this winter and then I really had issues, dry flakey skin and itch. The Lumiere FF just seems to work for me- I guess that's why I keep going back.

I have also tried things from Valerie beauty, Mad minerals and J Lynne but not foundations. I really find things I love at almost every brand. HTH.

Thanks Hoozey! Lumiere is okay but I think the magnesium stearate in it broke me out.. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I love everything about Alima, but their foundation isn't for me, it's better for dry skin girls. Have you heard of SunCat MMU? Also, have you tried Milan's Cream eyeliner? Is it good as MAC fluids, texture, staying power, etc., do you know? Thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

On top of that--- I also tried Sheer Cover, BE, which broke me out badly. I think it was the bismuth-- in them that I was sensitive to.

Well, I like my own line (is that bad to say?) My site is MyMineralsbathandbody.com (I know that's long but getting harder to get good MMU domain!) I love the matte finish & it works well for my oily skin.

I have seen some other lines here that I've never seen & thinking of sampling, Meow.com? Their site/colors looks fun.

Used B.E. & stopped for all the reasons alreday mentioned (pricey, palette orangey & shiny for my oily skin) I still love their eyeshadows, blush &hearing what is new etc.

Used Painted Laydies - nice colors but foundation has B.O. & not best coverage, stay power for me. This is when I decided to carry my own line.

I have only tried BE so far, but I am awaiting samples from Alima, Lumiere, EDM, and Aromaleigh. I will update once I receive the samples and try them.

I haven't tried any of the things mentioned but did Milan's gelle drops and I will never live without them. I had tried smashbox's product that was supposed to make any e/s a liner and it made the minerals look weaker than if I applied with water. The gelle drops allows you to use any minerals as liner instead of a single color.

I have tried jenulence, it used to be alpha cosmetics. I am not amazed by it, so I am going to try EDM next. Its just really hard for me to figure out the undertones of my skin. i love reading everyone's reviews. thanks for all the input.

I love everything about Alima, except their foundation doesn't work for me at all. I think their foundations will work for oily type of girls.

I just got my SUNCAT MMU order, and have got to say that I'm in LOVE with it. The best MMU foundation I've ever tried on my dry skin. It gives me a DEWY look, which I've been looking for in a foundation. No need for spritzing also..

ok, so now i have tried, jenulence, lumiere, and monave...(i know, i said i would try edm next, but i got distracted). Out of the three, I think monave is best on my skin, however, it doesn't TRULY cover up my big red acne. any tips?

Jaemeybu-which Monave foundation formula did you try? If you haven't already I would highly recommend the concealer formula if you have scars, etc to hide. It provides heavy coverage, but a little goes a long way so don't over apply or it will look cakey. I wear Hyeyeon CF and I love how it makes my skin look almost flawless.

i tried saturnina in the foundation formula, and canela in the concealer formula. yes, the CF does have better coverage, but I can't seem to get FULL coverage...what's the technique? I am pretty new to makeup in general. and another question, how many times do you dip your brush into the foundation? I know you're supposed to buff, buff, buff. I am curious how many layers you ladies end up using.

thanks all!

I use a flat top brush and just use one layer, but I buff it in alot. Monave CF is creamy so I find that I have to buff this more than others to make sure that it's on evenly. Also, I don't use this wet/damp or it will look too heavy/cakey on me. Good luck!

Back