Recommend one MMU that so far you love

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hoozey, gotcha! Kitchens can get messy very fast. My older daughter is only in K'garten and the amount of papers she comes home w/daily is mindboggling! I wish I had a space to call my own-office or something, but we don't. How nice that you have a new house! Ours is 20 yrs. old, but we've done alof of updating since we bought it in 1999. Good luck finishing your basement-it will be great when you are done!

Shellie, sounds like you'll have a great box of goodies to play with from Lauress. I've never used Nars brushes, so you'll have to report on those too!

I've actually tried 4 samples of Lauress blushes. 2 are from the matte category (Sassy and Flushed), 1 from the blushing lights (Serendipidy), and 1 from another category I forget the name of (Candy). I really like the feel of Lauress blushes in the matte, but unfortunately those colors aren't the colors I'm looking for. I posted on her site about maybe getting some brighter matte blush colors and she responded that it is in the works.

Frisky and Naughty in the Ocicat, huh? Why must you make me look?!!! LOL :rotfl:

Thank you ruby for looking into that for me! I'm going to take a look now.

You're welcome. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I made 2 separate orders when she introduced her new elemental foundation and now I have 8 foundation samples I received for free. On my second order she even put in 2 free e/s samples for me.

The foundation colors that did not work for me I just mixed them all up and I can sorta get away with them since I don't wear the foundation heavily. This foundation mix is my back up foundation. LOL

LadyTee I have samples of Sassy and Candy too. I liked them pretty well, but not enough to get full sizes. When you say "brighter" what blush shades/colors are you looking for? So, what'd you think of the Ocicat???? I'm just paying the enabling forward................

I think my favorite so far is Meow Flawless Feline. It feels light on my face, but it gives a nice coverage, and looks very natural, just like my own skin. I got a really good match too. No mixing fortunately. Its funny because the first time I applied Meow I didn't like it. I applied it with a kabuki and I really don't do well with kabuki brushes. I tried it again a few weeks later with a lightly dampened flocked sponge and it looks perfect. I can't say yet that its my HG since I am still sampling, but its my favorite so far. I should buy a full size of this one.

ETA* This is my HG and I bought 2 full sizes with the 25% off sale. Plus the Top Cat finishing powder and oil skin primer.

Yes, it is the same with me. I like them well enough, but not enough to order the full sizes. Sassy and Flustered are very similar. When applied on my cheeks both look the same to me. They both look "peachy" on my cheeks. I do like the matte-ness (is that a word?)

I'm looking for a brighter pink color. Some of the bright pink colors at Meow are what I'm looking for, but don't know if they're matte or not.

As for the Ocicat, yes, it does look like that would be the closest to my color than any of the other "breeds". I'm still thinking about it because I don't know if I can order 30 dollars worth of samples just to get the free shipping. LOL

I had the same outcome with LaurEss Elemental foundation. It didn't have the look and feel I wanted when I applied it dry, but it did make a huge difference when applied wet.

LadyTee, why don't you post over at the Meow forum and ask about the blushes-someone will answer you for sure. And the sample only shipping option is probably quite reasonable since they are just little flat baggies. I wouldn't order 30 of them just for free shipping. Order what you think will work and the shipping will probably only be a few dollars.

Gina, I am loving the Meow FF more and more too, for the exact reasons you gave. It's light and airy, yet covers so well and looks like you're wearing nothing. You are lucky you don't have to mix your color too. I will be mixing, but it's worth it to me b/c it looks so wonderful.

I would love to find a pink blush that is matte. That seems hard to find. They either have shimmer, are peachy or eventually turn orange. I am currently using a non-mineral blush. I think HelloMindy was looking for a nice pink blush also.

I have been focusing more on foundation, less on blush, but I would still like a nice pink blush!

yes! These are the "reveal" GE lightbulbs. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I do want to order to Sizzle and I was also looking at their other ones - Fahrenheit & intensity. I feel pretty clueless about bronzers as I have never used a real one. One thing I love about mmu is how versatile everything is... using e/s as blush, blush as e/s ot lippie, foundation as concealer or bronzer etc. so I have been brushing on some Naughty Mau foundation to 'darken'...

6ft! he's a tall one! Handy around the house :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Well my BF didn't change the lightbulbs as such... He just handed me the box of bulbs and I changed them myself. But I thought it was funny that he wanted to contribute to the "MMU cause" when usually he pulls a face and rolls his eyes whenever I mention "mineral make up".

Lilita, did you notice a difference w/the new bulbs? I looked at those bronzers too, but I thought they looked a little too red/orangey for me. MMU is definitely multi-purpose-gotta love that! And I think the powders are great for traveling-no more messy/gooey liquids in your carryon. Have you ever used EDM's ED Bronzer? I got a sample once and it seemed like a nice, neutral, real looking brown, but I'm not well-versed in bronzers either.

Gina and LadyTee-did you see the reply at Meow about the matte blushes? Go look, I think you'll be happy w/their answer!!!

I couldn't tell the difference with the lightbulbs - they still look orangey-yellowey to me (only 100 times brighter!) - I have 4 x 75W above my bathroom mirror. But the BF pointed out that the white tiles are now "white" instead of "yellow-tinted" and this is true.

Yes, MMU is great for travelling! Those little jars take up so much less space too!

No i didn't try the EDM bronzer... mmm... must go look (or maybe not! I might end up buying more stuff! )I also ordered some Lumiere bronzers (Ambrosia, Cal Gold, a couple of others can't remember their names) and I will get the Sizzle so I think I should be all good for bronzers :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Re: matte blushes - EDM's are really nice! Love the APPLE blush.

Lilita-

LOL on the handing of the box rather than installing them. Still, I think my hubby would rather replace light bulbs than shop for them. He is not a shopper and I hate going with him because it's always a mission to get in and out as fast as possible, rather than get something you really want at the right price.

Gina-

My favorite pink blush has to be Pretty In Pink from Milan. It has a slight sparkle to it but it doesn't show up on my face because I have to use so little. It stays pink too. I know what you mean about them turning orange or coral. I hate that.

Ruby,

Hi, I visited their website, thanks for posting the question. Looks like I will visit Meow and check out their blushes. There might be a couple of good choices there for me.

If I had to recommend one today, I'd say Lumiere Veena Velvet. Once I finally found the shade that worked for me (light neutral with a mix of ivory and the regular non-colored veena veil) this became my favorite.

I've been wearing this combination exclusively for the last week. Everyone keeps telling me that I'm glowing. That's getting my fiance's hopes up cuz we're trying to get pregnant, and he thinks I'm glowing cuz I'm pregnant (which we aren't sure yet). But I'm thinking it's gotta be the Lumiere! Hehe. I guess we'll find out, but I'm really loving this Lumiere Veena Velvet. It really makes my skin look like porcelain and I really think it does give me a tiny bit of a glow - just enough not to look shiny.

Yes, I checked over there first thing this morning. I was so excited when Jessica replied and then I went to check out the ones that she listed as having shimmer/sparkle and those are the ones I wanted! Phooeey! Seems like all the "pink" blushes have sparkle.

Lilita, that's alot of light! I think you can get a mini blush at EDM for about $2.50. Apple was the first mineral blush I ever tried and it is really pretty. I got Sunkissed from Lumiere and it's a nice light color. (I also got Spiced Apple and Sugar Berry blushing bronzers). I think Sizzle is going to be much darker, but they say it's sheer. I hope so, got a full size w/out sampling first. Gina and LadyTee-I agree w/Hoozey on the PIP-it is shocking pink in the jar, but is really nice on-give it a try. I find many of the blushes have a slight sparkle in the jar, but honestly you can't see it on b/c you use so little.

I had the same problem with ED. It looked really weird on me. I got the Neutral Light and Neutral Beige in matte, semi-matte and intensive. All of them did the same darkening and kinda got "orangey".

I have found that if you order a shade lighter than what you think you would wear it comes out better. Especially if you have to use more than one layer (for proper coverage). They all seem to get a little darker after the minerals really "settle in".

I have found that if you order a shade lighter than what you think you would wear it comes out better. Especially if you have to use more than one layer (for proper coverage). They all seem to get a little darker after the minerals really "settle in".

This is a good tip and thanks.

Hi Gvieve! Can you compare Milan Cream Eyeliner with MAC fluid? I've tried smashbox cream, stila smudge pots, bobbi brown gel, jane iredale cream, and MAC fluids. The best one I've got to say is Stila and MAC. Both last long and don't smudge on me, but Stila is thicker than MAC and is way harder to get off. Is the texture for Milan's exactly the same as MAC fluids and how about the staying power? I found bobbi brown and smashbox to smudge on me and jane iredale was good but the black isn't too intense like I wanted. So my HG is MAC Fluids because it stays on all day, doesn't smudge and easy to get off. Thanks in advance!

PS- I'm still looking for a good mineral foundation.. So far I've tried Alima and Lumiere.. Alima is too drying for me and Lumiere looks too cakey and doesn't last long at all. I have super dry skin and I don't need an oil absorbing one.. I got really sensitive skin also and Lumiere makes me itch. Thanks!!

BTW, how do I quote?? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I tried to quote you. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've just tried Joppa's Morning Dewy foundation.

It became one of my favorite now:)

I want to know everyone else's experience. I have dry skin, am 46 years old and hate that mineral makeup didn't work for me. I only tried BE and just thought it accentuated my dryness. My skin is in good shape and I keep it moisturized. I have very few lines, so that wasn't a concern. It just didn't work for me. I'm assuming you all are here because you love it, and I WANTED to love it. It just didn't work out for me. Any ideas?

BTW-I do use Mineral Veil as my setting powder.

Back