Recommend one MMU that so far you love

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They really do! I started this thread and had totally forgotten about this. Reading back over it and knowing all of the products and companies that I've sampled from has brought my makeup look full circle! It's really great that there are so many companies out there working to provide us consumers with such excellent products. I'm also really glad that I did continue sampling and trying out new products and companies. All in all I've probably bought several items from at least 25 mineral companies, probably more. And now having tested all of those I know for instance who's products stand uniquely apart from the rest, who's are basically average in quality, and who's are (simply put) not for me.

So many of the many products that I sampled were just like one another. 4 companies really stand apart from the rest as far as excellence goes in my experience. And Speeritual, you could have saved me a lot of money, not only me but NY Latin too :laughing: Because in my opinion girl you hit them all 3 dead on the mark! Speeritual with the wisdom! :laughing:

But you know what?

I wouldn't have realized how very excellent Milan minerals is for color difference, lasting power, glow producing finishes, value, and variety of products available to a customer at the best prices around had I not gone through all of the others and had them to compare. They're definitely my #1 must check out what sales they're doing and keep on supply their products, new and old. They just don't disappoint and always always pleasantly surprise! I just know now from experience in shopping with Milan that if it's on one of their sites, it's excellent! Never been disappointed or found anything that I didn't love with them. This is the only company that I can make that statement about.

I wouldn't have found out Monave foundations. Though the formula isn't for me, I prefer Milan's and then Lumiere's. Monave is an excellent and unique product to recommend for those who need heavier coverage and have oilier skin. They also have a large variety of blush and eyeshadow colors. Lumiere's foundations, blushes, and eyeshadows are really good too. But some haven't worked for me while some have.

Gvieve, so what are your top shelf "must-haves" that you would recommend from Milan? I haven't tried their foundations yet, not sure if any of the colors would work for me (I am pretty similar/same as Lilita, Periwinkle and Pebo). Also, how would you describe the coverage, texture, etc? As I mentioned in another post, I do have the PIP and Baby Girl blush and 2 fragrance oils, all of which I LOVE!

Hi Ruby, I haven't been around for the past couple of weeks but I do remember reading some of your posts over on "the other" forums. I went back and checked and you wear the same foundation shades that I wear in winter which is LMG in FF Lumiere. If you can wear the same foundation shades as Lilita and I then Olivia will do you great. But I think that you are 1 shade lighter than us and actually Lilita is a tad more peach than I am so judging from your other posts regarding Lumiere I would recommend Olivia for a summer color if you become tanned but do check out Julisa and Amber as I think that these will be great for you now. Crystal is within the same depth as Julisa and Amber but appears a tad bit more peachy to me. The first 2 (Julisa and Amber) look like they would definitely work. You know as far as foundations go that if you contact Candace she will lickety split custom create one for you and "business" negotiated between you and Candace will definitely result in you walking away very happy when you receive your package! That's an absolute. She'll also better be able to guide you with selecting the perfect color based on your descriptions. It really is worth it to try out her foundation because it's so very different from the others. The coverage is medium but the texture is very very light. When you first open the jar you'll notice the immediate difference. It's kind of "feather-like" in consistency but when you put it on it definitely covers as well as Lumiere's FF and Val's extra coverage (IMO) but it's much lighter and you don't feel it at all. It doesn't budge all day either and the finish is not matte but it's not dewy or shiny either. You'll really forget that you have anything on but 8 hours later you'll be pleased with how perfect it still looks. And I never have to re-touch with powder later in the day but of course with hot weather approaching that will change.

Since you are familiar with her fragrances I would also say her Cherry Almond Soap for $2.50 a bar made from 100% pure natural oils is an absolute must have. I'm still using mine and adore it! This is something that is a luxury item that she has truly made affordable so definitely at least try that.

Her eyeliner creams. The ones that are dupes for MAC fluidlines. Too excellent and you get more product for less money! Definitely try the Chocolate Mousse and or Tanzanite. These are Chocolate Brown and Deep Plum. Both are excellent. She's out of the Black out and Magnetism now otherwise I would have definitely recommended Black out.

Her Gelle Drops! What ever you do these are a must and here's why, they convert any powdered pigment that you have into a flake-free smudge-free eyeliner. They don't irritate the eyes at all either and it's a gel consistency and the working time with these drops is pretty long. They don't dilute the color of the pigment powder at all either which is another big plus. So if you have deep blue shadow, plum, or deep green with the Gelle drops you also have these colors available to you as eyeliners.

Her toners. For the ingredients this price can't be beat.

Her eye shadow primer if you don't already have one do get this one. The price is low and the performance is excellent. It will keep the shadows looking perfect all day and night. And this jar is going to last you forever.

For someone with light medium to tanned coloring mineral must haves from Milan IMO are:

Blush Beige

Blazze - monitor color and applied to skin color are very different.

Skin

Shakedown

Perfect Pink

Envious

Haze - I don't have this yet but this color looks amazing and to be compatible with so many other shades for a warm/ yellow undertone.

4 that I don't have yet but talk to me next week and we'll be having a different conversation :laughing: are:

Mango

Haze

Crazy Cool

Hottie

Gvieve, thank you for this comprehensive list of must haves! I really appreciate you taking the time to write all of this for me. I am really turning into a Milan junkie and after seeing Lilita's reviews and chart I have to have this foundation! Maybe I'll need Candace's help w/custom blending, but it sounds like wonderful stuff that I cannot be without. I will email her and ask for her color recs too. Thanks again!!!!!!!

Gvieve, WOW - you know these colors really well!

So, if I am roughly the same shade depth as you but with more peach/brown, which would you recommend for me? Olivia might be too olive as ParasiteEve said (in another thread). I was looking at Crystal and Julisa, but if you say they are the same depth as Amber, then I think they are going to be too pale for me in summer ( I go more brown than golden when I tan). Maybe I need something like Crystal but darker.

Anyway, I'll have all Milan's foundation samples soon and I'm sure I'll figure it out, but being so keen and impatient as I am, would love to get your two cents.

Lilita-

First of all Candace picked the right person to do a color chart. I am a little jealous that you will see ALL of them in person and be able to find the perfect shade. Once the new samples arrive, I am so asking you what you think my color will be. I am already getting tan and nothing will match. I also need more coverage in the summer because the hyperpigmentation gets worse with sun- even though I SPF and try to prevent it. BTW, I think my summer shade for Lauress is the summer tan- it's dark but mixed with radiant gold it should work perfectly because it is brown rather than olive.

I have just read my first reply on this thread that I left, and my HG is still Meow! The slight difference is that I now use their Flawless Feline formula as it gives better coverage than Pampered Puss...but otherwise its Meow all the way :rockwoot:

Hoozey, same here. The goldens (in Lauress & Lumiere) don't work so well now that I am getting a tan. Medium is the right depth but the "golden" component makes my face look dirty - almost khaki :eek:

In an ideal world I would so love to find a shade without having to mix anything. I just looked up Luaress' SUMMER TAN and it looks promising! Do you still prefer Elemental over the orig. formula?

Halzer - I still love my Meow too, though I wear Purrfect Puss. I am waiting on Chartreux samples to arrive - if this works I'm gettin' me some Flawless Feline!

Lilita-

The elemental feels so much better but I kind of got better coverage with the original. The elemental goes on so sheer for me. I apply dry- when I do MMU wet, it makes my skin feel drier. Weird huh? I don't have cute freckles like you but just uneven skintone that I hate and it just gets worse with any tan... even though I try to keep it off my face.

I've tried Monave, BE, now I'm hooked on Lotus Minerals. I have loved using Mack the Knife and Victorian Tea Rose. I just noticed yesterday they have some colors for spring. I get paid this week...I think I'm be doing some shopping this weekend. he he he

I know what you mean about wet and drier skin... I notice this with some foundations, or when my brush is too wet it's like applying paint. I have very uneven skintone too which is why I am so obsessed with finding the perfect foundation. I swim outdoors in the sun and I have pale circles around my eyes from wearing goggles. Not a good look! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It's interesting you all say the elemental is sheerer because Lauren said it's supposed to be less sheer than the original... (??) Well, I'll have to wait till next week when I have a CC to find out.

My fave two are now Lily Lolo and Smoky mountain minerals theyre both about the same and I cant decide which one I like best! :vogel: Smoky mountain is cheaper than Lily Lolo and smoky mountain is in my state , although Lily Lolo is also fast on shipping.

Ive already got a full size of Lily Lolo , im thinking of getting a full size of smoky mountain and alternate. :rotfl: I just cant decide.

I checked them out, Lotus minerals and they definitely don't have any foundations for people with yellow toned skin complexions. I was also wondering if they had Lotus extract in their foundation base or something. No. But it's great that you found something that works for you.

Also I looked at their blushes and this is Cotton Candy?

31.jpg

i recommend lauress! i just received a second order of their samples, including a sample of the perfect lip gloss and i LOVE IT! it smells like chocolate..yum!

plus i love how silky and velvety their foundation is. it is so light that you won't feel it yet makes your skin very very soft. their jump kick primer is great too.

and i've tried alot of them, EDM, lumiere, signature minerals, alima...lauress it is for me.

Really, Lauress? I was leaning towards Meow cause this Lumiere is not working for me at all! No way! I definitely need a change and my UD is gone so I was even thinking about going to BE or something then I started reading about Meow and Milan but I can't afford to mix 2-3 foundations for a match. So maybe Lauress would work? Opinions would be very much appreciated.

What have you tried so far? What "look" are you after? Coverage? Did you get samples of Milan yet? I didn't like the Lauress Elemental. Far too sheer for me and I felt like I got almost no coverage at all. I prefer the original formula of Lauress better, even though the Elemental is supposed to have more coverage. If you found a color match in Lauress the old formulas are on sale for $13 a jar. Sorry that Lumiere isn't working for you-did you try all 3 formulas? The FF is my favorite in Lumiere.

Back