Recommend one MMU that so far you love

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For a prestige brand of mineral make-up powder Bare escentuals seems to work well.

for a cosmeceutical brand customers seem to really like cover FX Mineral foundatiion. It's great for problem, sensitive and even acne skin.

For drugstore mineral make-up physicians formula and loreal mineral powders apply well.

Myself. I've never been into this craze. I still like my MAC studio fix fluid and my MAC Blot Powder for my skin.

I really do like Buff'd. I got free samples from Buff'd and loved them.

I think my two favorites are Buff'd and Oceanmist. I hear Monave is really good too but I haven't used it myself.

I've tried Bare Escentual's Bare Minerals, and I hated it. It was ridiculously messy and looked like a mask on my skin (it had a weird sheen, emphasized my pores and fine lines, and sat on my skin), no matter how I tried to apply it. (I followed the instrux on the DVD and tried it alone and with various moisturizers and primers.)

I am currently using Jane Iredale's Pure Pressed Minerals, and I like it a lot. No mess. It's very portable. It blends right in. And it has an 18 SPF sunscreen. I've gotten several compliments while wearing it. My only complaint is that the coverage is minimal and it is expensive.

I ordered Ocean Mist samples and can't wait to try them out.

My favorite is Ocean Mist, the color gives me very nice coverage while still giving me a natural look. Not to mention you get a 30g jar full of makeup for $12.00 w/ free shipping who can beat that!

The only other that makes me want to try a sample is Milan........................

Hmm...so far, I've tried Joppa, Aubrey Nicole, Monave, Lauress and EDM. I would say that my favorite is Joppa because of the coverage and staying power. I also really liked Aubrey Nicole and Monave. I think the kaolin clay really helps absorb oil, making the makeup last longer. I just received my Ocean Mist samples last night so I'll be trying them this weekend!!!

I think my least favorite is EDM because it makes me really shiny for some reason - even the Intensive coverage...not sure why but I just think everyone's skin is different and we each have our own personal favorites :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ocean Mist covered well for me and I had a good color match; but unfortunately I seem to be allergic to something in the formula (it made me sneeze and my eyes water all day, and it stopped as soon as I got home and washed my face). Too bad, because I really liked it! So I have some barely-used samples of Ocean Mist for lighter skin if anyone wants them. Fortunately, many other users here have no problems, so it must be a rare allergy and someone else can surely use these samples and hopefully buy some full-size and support what seems to be a great company.

I also love the EDM company, but I haven't found a formula that works on my skin. BE works great for me, and so does Philosophy (and I love the jar with the sponge - very easy to use and non-messy). I've tried Mineral Basics and Neutrogena, and liked the MB until I tried BE. Neutrogena I never could get to come out of the container with the brush dispenser, and they don't make it so you can open it to use with another brush so I have no idea what their foundation is like.

HTH! Good luck everyone with finding your HG MMU!

Have only tried 2

Loreal

Avon

so far Loreal is better,but waiting on BM and EDM sample to arrive

Hmm, interesting (about the suspected allergy to Ocean Mist). I received my Ocean Mist sample kit a few weeks ago and I have been using it off and on since then. Incidentally, I've also had allergy problems off and on recently, and I have been trying to figure out the cause. It never ocurred to me that it could be the makeup, but now I'm thinking that it's a very good possibility that Ocean Mist is the culprit. I will have to look into that further in the next few days.

Well, I can now confirm that I'm definitely allergic to something in Ocean Mist MMU. The only other MMU I've tried is BE, and I can't remember if I had any allergy problems while using it, so I'm not sure if it's just Ocean Mist or if I'm allergic to MMU in general. :unsure:

Hi

I started off with BE about 8 yrs ago and have tried all the new ones out there, and they are all pretty darn good. Depeds on what you are looking for in a foundtion or make up.

Right now I am using Fusion of Color and liking it. But of course still sampling LOL!!!!

T

So far EDM is my fave in foundation but I'm still playing with application techniques for longer lasting coverage.

Also have LaurEss samples on the way and want to try more with Lumiere (I ordered samples all too light).

*runs to check her stash*

Best match was light warm but it was still a little too pale/white. I think light golden may be better (adding a little yellow to counteract the ruddiness) so I plan to order that and the next level warm. The other ones I got were light beige and fairly light beige and they looked almost clear looking - did not even out the pink/ruddiness in my cheeks.

Uff I have so many. Let me see if I can remember all I've tried:

Aromaleigh, Cory, PureLuxe, MAD, JLynne, Signature, Oceanmist, Larenim, TwistedFayte, Fyrrinnae, EDM, Buff'd, LUmiere, Lushbrush, Pampered Princess, LaurEss, and SunCat Natural.

WOW, what a list, this is embarrassing!!! Anyhow, my faves are SunCat and Lumiere - very silky and smooth and good coverage and color match (well with LUmiere I actually went too light, but I love it anyways and I'm pretty sure the light-medium beige or golden will be just perfect).

I have tried numerous mmu lines over the years. I have to say that Pure Luxe foundations and finishing powders are my HG. It took me awhile and a lot of experimenting, I do love to experiment. The warm cream foundation blends perfectly with my skin. When I need a little extra coverage they also have a cream foundation in all of the regular shades, I use this sometimes when I need a little extra hiding power and, since it is the same shade as my mineral powder I don't have to worry about looking obviously concealed. Also I adore the cream eraser..what a godsend it is to someone with very obvious pores.

Over the years I've tried BE, EDM and Pure Luxe. I like EDM (intense formula) best, but I like Pure Luxe, too.

Wasn't too fond of BE, though. It made me itch and was far too glowy for my liking (didn't find a good color match, either).

EDM!!!!!! I've tried around 8 brands and non can compare to how EDM looks and feels on my face. Its really creamy so it hides my pores and not accentuate my fine lines and super light. Too bad they don't have my shade so I have to mix a few. If there's no EDM ill say Lumiere new formula called luminesse.

Back