Recommend one MMU that so far you love

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi there..am new here..anyway, tried EDM and really like the texture..the problem is, after a few hours oxidation took place and makes the colour darker, and this is a problem for me..i need staying power and colour!!i tried the intensive, matte and semi-matte, but it became darker as well...

any other brands that doesn't oxidise?or any suggestions at all?please help...thanks

MEOW COSMETICS!!!!!! They have 49 shades to choose from, along with matching concealers!! Plus they have three formulas of foundation, and Im using their 'Pampered Puss' formula for sensitive skin, and this is the only MMU I have tried that hasnt left my face feeling tight, which the other 6 brands I tried always did, even when I used a heavier moisturiser.

MEOW is now my HG MMU, and come on, even the shade names rock. I would rather be a 'naughty Ocicat (My Meow shade) than a boring 'Medium Beige':laughing:

Here is the link to the foundation page. The choice of shades alone should make you want to sample them!

"Purrr-fect Puss" Mineral Makeup Foundation by Meow Cosmetics

I have never heard of the colours oxidizing. Wow...does this really happen to people? I guess this is what people are talking about when they say that the colour turns orange on their face. Is there anything one can do to stop this from occuring, or does it just depend on your skin chemistry, and the make up of the product? I am really curious about this now.

I've recently been sampling all kinds of minerals - my bathroom is a mess!

Any how, to date, my favorite is UGLoGirl. I found the perfect shade (actually several), and it has more of a "creamy" feel to it versus others (they also have outstanding customer service). Valerie MMU and Pure Luxe, however, are close seconds.

I really wanted to like EDM, but the colors turned orange on me also.

Happy sampling!

Linda

From what I can gather in researching this, it comes from the sericite mica that is used in mineral makeup. The oil in some people's skin reacts with some sericites (they are not all equal) to cause this orange color. There are some sericites available on the market now that are coated with different things to help prevent this. These sericites can also add more coverage and adhesion to the makeup, making it last longer.

Hard81 gave me some of her mmu. one that I really liked was the oceanmist. we're the same complex so it was a good deal for me. i liked it better than BE and the amount she had for what she paid made me mad i've been blowing all this money on BE!!! It looked better than BE too.

Cool! Thanks for the info. I am learning new stuff here daily now! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So...I guess there is no way to tell what type of sericite mica different company's use, right? Say one type of sericite reacts with your skin and turns you orange, is there any way to know if different companies use a different type of sericite? Does it vary wildly, or do most people use the same sericite?

thanks so much for the info!!will get mine as soon as possible!!cheers...

I tried Sheer Cover and liked the concealer I suppose but everything else looked cakey or like I'd just shoved my face into a bucket of cement :kopfkratz: ! When I tried to apply it liberally there wasn't enough coverage...I can see that most people love EM and I've heard a couple of good things about monave... Is there a massive difference in consistency/quality (etc) of products between brands?

I have light-med & normal - dry skin, but I'm thinking maybe minerals just aren't compatible with me!! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Shineypixiedust did you try Sheer Coverage's new compact mmu foundation? Just curious as to how good it is. Has gotten good reviews on another board.

Is there a difference between the various brands? I would say yes. Primarily among all of those w/ no Bismuth Oxy... the significant differences are in "heaviness" in coverage, those containing Kaolin seem to have heavier coverage and lasting power. Other differences are shade/color differences ie better matches for the individual, creaminess or smoothness. This is of course my humble opinion.

OOh thanks for the info! I don't think I tried that one as it was about 1-2 years ago that I used it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Creaminess is definitely something I'll be looking out for though !!

xxx

i've recently tried MAD minerals and Buff'd Cosmetics. and i'm really falling in love with buff'd because:

firstly, the colors when mixed (almond, antique, buff) are a 99% match to my skin color. Secondly, the oil control is perfect to control my oily t-zone.

But another great plus is that unlike MAD minerals and EM, Buff'd DOESNT enlarge my pores!!

i am now monitoring my skin to see if it gets any reaction from the powders..

but for now, Buff'd is my HG!

Hi, I'm also new here, and I've been curious about the differences in mineral makeup brands for a while. I've only tried BE so far, which I liked, but it didn't give me quite enough coverage. Perhaps someone here could tell me which of the mineral makeup brands offer the heaviest coverage?

hmm well EDM intensive, Signature minerals, Monave, Ocean Mist, Joppa, and Valerie all offer great coverage! also applying them wet gives greater coverage.

I use Bare Escentuals. I have tried Pure Luxe, EDM, Uglogirl, Meow and I keep going back to BE. I'm still looking because there is still something about it I don't like about it either. I just can't put my finger on it.

I posted this somewhere in MUT in the past, but for the sake of others who have not read it, here's my Monave review (and why it's my HG together with Valerie Beauty).

disclaimer: I am not affiliated with either Monave or Valerie.

I continue to think that Aromaleigh is the best! I love it a lot more, now that I have mixed their 2 formulas together. Not too drying, not bad with oily breakthrough, perfect. And all of a sudden, people are complimenting me on my skin left and right. That's the ultimate test, right?

Love the stuff!!!!

Back