Recommend one MMU that so far you love

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question Thais, what color do you use in Urban Decay while you're self-tanning. From your pics the foundation colors w/your tan that look great on you have been great for me. Thank you. I looked on their site and was pretty much lost for a decison on which color to order.

I've tried EDM, Monave, BE (mineral veil only) and Alima. My favorite so far is Alima. The color is perfect for my complexion, but I'm dying to try Aromaleigh's blushes. The colors are so rich and pigmented looking on the website.

I like BE for foundation.

My HG blush is Jane Iredale Pure Pressed Blush. I've been using this for 3 years. All other regular blushes I tried would cause break outs along my cheekbones.

This is pure minerals, and it comes pressed! So it's much neater than the loose minerals. It's also highly pigmented so a little goes a long way, but the result is very natural! This is the only blush I'll ever use now.

Oh My I have ordered quite a few MMU samples.. And after I finally try them I will update:)

I keep hearing big things about Alima. Is it really better than EDM and if you think so why/how?

I haven't tried EDM, though am planning on it, but I do currently use Alima. The reason I really like it is because it doesn't go on looking like a dry powder that sits on top of your skin. It goes on so natural looking. Also, I like it because it doesn't have as much "shine" factor like other MMUs I've tried. I have large pores and the shine in other MMUs have made them look even bigger (or maybe more apparent). Alima does not do that to my pores. I've also noticed no color changes throughout the day like with others that I've tried. And no bismuth......, don't remember the entire name, to cause itching.

iluvsun

Hi - I'm new here and wanted to say "hi" and post my results with mmu. I've been trying some of the mineral makeups and wanted to share what my experience so far has been:

Bare Minerals - They were the first mineral makeup I tried. I had many of the same problems that some of you have had with it. I thought it was just my imagination when during the day I'd glance at my reflection and I would look more and more juandiced as the day wore on! :scared: I have pink undertones and used the appropriate shade but it turned yellow toward the middle of the day. Also experienced the "itch" symptoms. Actually, that's what prompted me to research mineral makeup further. It was supposed to be good for your skin - well this one is good and itchy! Thank goodness Sephora took back all $200.00 worth of products I bought. As far as price is concerned - they're off the chart! NEVER AGAIN - for me anyway!

EDM - They so far are the best. I don't really experience any "rub off" - though my skin is not overly oily and from what I'm reading it looks as though people with oily skin have more problems with the rubbing off of the foundation. I have combination skin. Also, I don't experience any color change with it. I'm using the matte formula - I hate anything that makes my face look shiny. Price is pretty reasonable - however, I'm hearing that they've recently raised it? All in all - they're not skimpy with their product and I'm extremely happy with it. Lov'in :heart: it!

Joppa - I like that they have the kaolin [sp]? clay - I'm hoping to use this during the summer months when "moisture" and oil is a bigger factor. The product seems to be working - I like it a lot so far. No color change - so far. They're prices are okay - however their portions are not huge. I would buy from them again too though.

I just ordered from AubreyNicole - haven't gotten it yet. I'm looking forward to trying them and will post my results.

I also ordered from Mineralmakeupwholesale - not even sure what company it is but they offer a black eyeliner that is actually black and not gray. The gray is okay but sometimes I want a true black to line my eyes. I'll post those results too when I receive and try my order. Also a side note: They have an option where you can buy it by the pound! I darn near fell off the chair laughing when I saw that! But they're distributors and if you're looking to sell it I guess that's something good to know. It struck me so funny because all the others are doling it out like it's gold dust! Anyway, I just have a warped sense of humor I guess.

So far though it looks like EDM is my fav.

I agree too, once you start with this stuff you can't stop!

So far for me it's Joppa, but I haven't ordered samples yet of the new Aubrey Nicole full coverage...so it may very well change!

I received my order from oceanmist today and the color i ordered was sandstone. the coverage is really good. only took one light application and it really lasted all day. color match was good too. must have kaolin in it. anyway, their prices were really good and shipping was free in the us. also received a sample from them of eyeshadow, seemed like almost a tablespoon. the color is pearl/matte. not glittery at all and is gorgeous. i'll order from them for sure. oh yeah, the size of foundation that i received was stuffed to the max. i'm happy.

I have yet to try my oceanmist samples, ive ordered so many samples that ill probably take me forever to try them all out.

And there is still so many that I want to order from.

Jeez I need to join that MMA board CooCoo was talking about starting on another thread.. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I just tried Ocean Mist & I'm pretty sure they are going to be my fav. Really nice colors, good amount of coverage & it doesn't rub off.

Well, I decided to try MMU for the first time so I went to Walgreens on my lunch break from work and bought L'Oreal's Bare Naturale to test it out...and so far so good :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I was using Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse, but I think I'm a convert now. It's pretty cold where I am right now and I tend to have dry skin (in some parts ugh.) so I really have to take my time with my moisturizer before using it,but other than that... great coverage and it feels light :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've tried:

EDM - been using it for 2+ years. realli like the coverage. My fave/HG foundation until i found ...

Signature - I think i'm going to switch from EDM to Signature. I've worn it twice already and realli like the coverage. I use even less product than EDM ... and i get more than enuf coverage. I realli love their concealer for blemishes too.

Ocean Mist - great foundation, maybe i ordered the wrong shade though because it didn't look very natural on me and the staying power was just okie after a day of work. I realli love the Vanora blush though. Might have to order a new one when my sample one runs out ... and probably order a new foundation shade. ..

I'm liking Signature better as well - in fact, I just stated in another thread how much we like the same things that we must have been sister's separated at birth!

Back