Revlon lip butters

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have creme brule and cotton candy...they are pretty but sheer..atleast on my skin. they are very creamy and moisturizing though. i noticed after they fade or wear off my lips feel supple. i wanna try red velvet but the butters are nearly impossible to find....

I found Red Velvet at my local Target store. They have a nice display with all the Lip Butter shades

I only bought one shade and that's Cotton Candy. It's nice for everyday use, but i'm not CRAZY about it. I'd have to try more to make up my full decision. 

Just an FYI. . . 

I've tried L'Oreal's dupe of the Lip Butters, Colour Riche Balm's.  Their "Caramel Comfort" seems to be pretty close to the Revlon Creme Brulee.  The L'Oreal is really good but I would give a slight nod to the Revlon product.  In any event, I LOVE this product and wear it all the time.  Feels great! 

Debby

I take back what I said about color payoff. I bought Red Velvet and it was wonderfully rich and highly pigmented. The first time I put it on I was expecting a sheerer, glossier finish, and wasn't as careful as I should have been--got me some Red Velvet everywhere! I use a liner now. It is wonderfully hydrating, and makes a good evening color with an LBD.

I'm loving these. They've been my go-to lip product since I got them. I found them during a Revlon 50% off sale so I stockpiled - Candy Apple, Cherry Tart, Lollipop, Strawberry Shortcake, Creme Brulee and Red Velvet.

The color pay-off is excellent and they actually do keep my Utah-Winter lips moisturized.

Candy Apple (real red) and Cherry Tart (pink red) would both be perfect for those wanting to attempt a red lip for the first time. They give lovely pigmentation, but aren't overbearing at all.

Red Velvet gives me a great mid-late 90s look.

Creme Brulle and Strawberry Shortcake are both very lovely "your lips, but better shades"

and Lollipop looks fantastic with grey or navy eye looks.

Walgreens and Walmart carry them.  Love them.  Not sticky.  Love the one called Pink Truffle.  It's a perfect pinky brown and I swear I have looking for a decent light weight pinky brown lip something or other since I was a teen in the 90s:)   And by the way they are lip butters or  a lip balm, they aren't supposed to have the same color pay off since they aren't lipsticks.  They are sheer wash of color and much like those Burt's Beeswax lip tints!

I have 4 of them and all of them i love so much!!!!! they are great and i can wear without lip gloss or lipstick which i havent found a good product to do this until now :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got Peach Parfait and Cotton Candy from Ulta... not loving them so far. I'm not a big lippie person, but still! They are so shiny and glittery :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I just wanted something to impart color and healthy shine to my lips. The shiny glitteriness overwhelms all before any pigment shows up. I don't think I'll be able to use these except for special occasions. AND, I keep nicking them while trying to open the clunky container. Sigh... so sad.

Fig Jam is my absolute favorite. I'm almost finished with the tube, which for me is quite an achievement since I usually get bored with a lip color and move on to something else right away. I also have Red Velvet and Candy Apple. Great reds.

Originally Posted by bigwhitesky /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got Peach Parfait and Cotton Candy from Ulta... not loving them so far. I'm not a big lippie person, but still! They are so shiny and glittery :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I just wanted something to impart color and healthy shine to my lips. The shiny glitteriness overwhelms all before any pigment shows up. I don't think I'll be able to use these except for special occasions. AND, I keep nicking them while trying to open the clunky container. Sigh... so sad.

Maybe its the color you got? The three I've had haven't been glittery.

I really really love these. I currently own 6 of them. For awhile, I wasn't sure and thought they might just be overly hyped, but I actually really love them. Especially Creme Brulee' and Strawberry Shortcake. 

Those two colors are soooo pretty. 

I am not a lipstick girl, I feel like most lipstick is way way too harsh looking on me. So these are totally perfect. They're like an inbetween for lipstick and chapstic, so they're completely what I want in a lipcolor!

Currently I own them in Tutti Frutti, Cupcake, Cherry Tart, Lollipop, Strawberry Shortcake and Creme Brulee. 

Lollipop is fairly bright on me, and the most opaque color I have besides Cupcake, which is an opaque cool toned "Barbie Pink" on me. 

I liked Cherry Tart because while it's red, I don't feel as self concious as I do when I am wearing Red Lipstick. 

lol, maybe! I should have checked online for their respective finishes first. What three did you get?

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Maybe its the color you got? The three I've had haven't been glittery.

lol, maybe! I should have checked online for their respective finishes first. What three did you get?

Cupcake, candy apple, and I cannot remember the name of the other one but it was kind of a burgandy and I'm really sad I lost it in the back seat of a cab lol.

Aah, that sucks! have you tried calling them?

I was seriously considering getting candy apple (swatches look sooo pretty) but changed my mind last minute b/c I'm a lip newbie. > :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> should have gotten that instead!!

Cupcake, candy apple, and I cannot remember the name of the other one but it was kind of a burgandy and I'm really sad I lost it in the back seat of a cab lol.

Aah, that sucks! have you tried calling them?

I was seriously considering getting candy apple (swatches look sooo pretty) but changed my mind last minute b/c I'm a lip newbie. > :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> should have gotten that instead!!
Definitely get it if you find them onsale! Its so pretty!!! 

And I didnt' call because he was an independent cab, and I was drunk lol. Too embarrassing! 

Definitely get it if you find them onsale! Its so pretty!!! 

And I didnt' call because he was an independent cab, and I was drunk lol. Too embarrassing! 

Revlon is 40% off at Rite Aid at the  moment, I believe, so now would be a great time to pick some up .^^

Originally Posted by taliacrayon24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Revlon is 40% off at Rite Aid at the  moment, I believe, so now would be a great time to pick some up .^^

Wish I had a convenient rite aid!

Back