Revlon Photoready Powder and Foundation

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm worried about the shimmer!!!
frown.gif
we won't get it till march this year over here apparently. i'll have to play with it myself, but i'm still iffy about that shimmer.

I bought some of this today at Wal-Mart. I already have my makeup on for the day but I'll try to get a good swatch picture up close later on.

Bought it at Rite Aid today at lunch... Its in a separate display and they have a bogo free sale so got both the foundation and powder for $14. Yea! Let you know what I think shortly.

There is the tiniest bit of shimmer. It is not "glowy" or glittery. If you powder it up you can't see it. I actually really like it though. It's not as goopy as Colorstay. Im waiting for my camera to recharge and then I will take some swatches of the color I got up close.

I bought some at Ulta a week or so ago. I've only worn it twice but so far so good. Even though in the bottle it appears to have a lot of glitter, there is none on my face. It's great but I'm on the fence as to whether it is better than colorstay, my usual foundation. I'll post a review after I've tried it for a while and formed a complete opinion on it.

Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif Bought it at Rite Aid today at lunch... Its in a separate display and they have a bogo free sale so got both the foundation and powder for $14. Yea! Let you know what I think shortly. Who hoo! Going to rite aid tomorrow
smile.gif

Enablers! LOL. I'd love to know how you all like it. I am not low enough on my ColorStay to warrant buying this right now.

So I found this at Walmart.
smile.gif

I'd say the finish is very similar to that of MUFE HD Foundation. The Revlon has better coverage than the MUFE, but it also does not blend quite as easily.

I've tried both, and I can definitely say that I'd rather stick with the Revlon since it's around 1/3 the price of the MUFE. I haven't tried taking any pics with the Revlon on, though...so I'm not sure how well it photographs.

Hi girls, I was searching for photoready swatches/reviews and landed on makeup talk. Some internet researching tells me that since I'm a Nc30-35, that golden beige (008) is the closest shade for me. My CVS ad for 1/31-2/6 has the photoready on sale for 9.99 with $5 extra care bucks back (it prints out at the end of your receipt and is good for $5 off your next purchase of whatever), so that's like getting it for $5! I can't wait ti try it, I've heard many good things about it. =)

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif So I found this at Walmart.
smile.gif

I'd say the finish is very similar to that of MUFE HD Foundation. The Revlon has better coverage than the MUFE, but it also does not blend quite as easily.

I've tried both, and I can definitely say that I'd rather stick with the Revlon since it's around 1/3 the price of the MUFE. I haven't tried taking any pics with the Revlon on, though...so I'm not sure how well it photographs.

Yea, that's what I wanna know... How does it photograph... Because it would be a product fail if the glitters reflect camera flash, or titanium dioxide casts that white halo in pictures...

I'm concerned about the coverage. Mufe was, I heard, better for those with a clearer face with minor blemishes. I have quite a few on my cheeks that have gradually faded and colorstay does a good job of covering most of it. But I also have yet to find this at my local pharmacies or even walmart.

Originally Posted by reesesilverstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif Because it would be a product fail if the glitters reflect camera flash, or titanium dioxide casts that white halo in pictures... Does it also mean that you may need to choose one shade darker??

When I finally found it at Walmart, (there was only one color tester, hate that about Revlon BTW) I thought I'd be 002-Vanilla (NC-20), but since I couldn't try it on my own skin... I ended up not buy it!!

Any recommendations on how to choose your foundation shade when there's titanium dioxide in (and no tester!!!) ??

g.gif

Well no... The titanium dioxide serves as spf in some foundations and in most scenarios you match the shade to your skin in natural light. Problems arise if you should take a photo though while wearing it. Since the light from the camera flash reflects off it and any glitters so you will look like your foundation is off in your pictures...

So I would say choose your foundation as you normally would. Then take a picture with it on and see if your head looks like it belongs to your neck, lol

Originally Posted by reesesilverstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif So I would say choose your foundation as you normally would. Then take a picture with it on and see if your head looks like it belongs to your neck, lol
laughno.gif
Alright!! Thanks reesesilverstar!!

I want to try this! Ugh Im thinking of getting 008, it seems to be the closest match to NC30. This is why I kinda hate drugstore shopping.

So I bought it today. I was worried it would be too glittery but the one I got was not. I bought 008 (im NC30) and I thought it was just a tad darker than my skintone but it looks ok. Im going to wear it tomorrow to see how it goes.

Latest posts

Back