Revlon Photoready Powder and Foundation

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought this at Wal-Mart a few days after it came out and I was really stoked to use it after hearing all of the hype on it, needless to say, I was really, really disappointed...

When I put the liquid foundation on it was hard to blend. I had to pat it on with my fingers. After I finally got it all even, within about 5 minutes, my face started to look really dry and flaky around my nose. The foundation itself was a combination of really dry in some spots and really sticky also. The dry spots made my skin flake, and the sticky spots never did dry... so they transferred onto my hair and I later got some on my clothes by accident. Luckily it didn't stain, but it was very annoying nonetheless.

The foundation also made me itch and was really hard to get off of my face... it took 10 minutes to get off of my face where it had dried my skin out in patches.

There wasn't any shimmer in the light shade I bought, it was very matte.

My skin doesn't like Revlon very well. I have a Revlon Eye Glide that sometimes makes my eyelids itch, and my eyelids are typically not at all sensitive.

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif So I found this at Walmart.
smile.gif

I'd say the finish is very similar to that of MUFE HD Foundation. The Revlon has better coverage than the MUFE, but it also does not blend quite as easily.

I've tried both, and I can definitely say that I'd rather stick with the Revlon since it's around 1/3 the price of the MUFE. I haven't tried taking any pics with the Revlon on, though...so I'm not sure how well it photographs.

what shade are you in revlon photoready? i just ask because we were both ivory with the colorstay
smile.gif

I am tempted to try this foundation. Is it medium coverage?

I'm a NW30 in MAC so I'm not sure which Revlon color I would be?

I saw this at Shopper's Drug Mart yesterday. I stayed away because I've heard through reviews that it is shiny and dewy. And doesn't take pictures well. Its really reflective.

I'm really interested in your reviews of the powder.

Originally Posted by Lucy /img/forum/go_quote.gif what shade are you in revlon photoready? i just ask because we were both ivory with the colorstay
smile.gif
I bought Vanilla. I'll see if I can post a pic of me wearing it sometime tonight or tomorrow.
smile.gif

Ok, I took some pics right before I went out to dinner. They're not the most flattering, but they'll have to do. lol!

Here's in sunlight:

RevlonPhotoReady1.jpg

And here's with the harshest flash I could get:

RevlonPhotoReady2.jpg

Shaundra you look wonderful. Was eyeing the vanilla today...think I might have to give it a go now.

I use it almost everyday now and I don't have a problem with it being shiny. It does stay where you put it. I use a primer to help move it around and Ive been very pleased with it.

thanks shaundra!! you look super pretty
smile.gif
it looks like a good match.. there's also an ivory shade in the photoready isn't there? but i saw a shade chart and it looked a little pink. i'll keep my eyes out for vanilla when it FINALLY gets here!!!

lol revlon just launched mineral colorstay mousse over here, i got so excited because my friend was like have you seen that new revlon foundation? and i was like aaaaaaaaah where. but it wasn't it
frown.gif

I bought the shade 002-vanilla when I was in New York last weekend and I didn't open it yet.... I'm kindda anxious to try it with all the mixed reviews I've read.
kopfkratz.gif

I really like it and I have no problems with it but I also have clear skin. My only issue is dry cheeks and its nothing some exfoliating and good moisturizer cant cure. So I am really satisfied with results. I barely use a pump as I apply where needed.

I looked at this in CVS. The colors are broken down in: Translucent, Light/Medium and Medium/Dark. I may be off on the colors but I'm close. Each bottle has it's own color name though. The translucent is pretty light and no shimmer. The Light/Medium had a noticeable shimmer. I didn't buy this because the translucent looked too light and the other was really shimmery looking.

I saw it at Target last Sunday. I was going to buy it but i'm not sure what color to get.

I have this, I love it. Although I did get the shade wrong, I got it too light so i've just been mixing it with another foundation to make it the right color. I have tried it by itself though, and I like the coverage and the look of it on my skin. It doesn't make me look oily or shiny/shimmery/whatever you want to call it. It also looks nice in pictures too. It's nothing that completely blew my mind, but it beats alot of crappy covergirl foundations i've tried and it isn't sticky or anything on the skin, nor does it bother my dry skin which most foundations usually do.

I've used it for about a month and a half now and I am happy to say that it still hasn't bothered my skin. Almost all liquid makeup starts to break me out or rash me out sooner or later. So far so good. I'm pretty happy overall with it. Colorstay always felt so goopy on me and this doesn't.

they have it at rite aid, i bought some havent used it yet, will let you know when i do

I don't have oily skin. But this stuff just melts off and has no wear at all. I do love Revlon's Colorstay though. I did notice a bunch of glitter and shimmer in the foundation, but I like shimmer anyway, so that was no problem. It was just the face it was melting off in the winter time. It also becomes kinda patchy and splotchy as it wears on and I don't have dry skin. My skin is normal. In summer, I could only imagine...

Latest posts

Back