Ridicolous?...No?..I think so

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree... it isn't necessary to use all of that and then just sweat it off.... I live in Florida... it gets in the 90s here with horrible humidity. Eww.

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm going to wear foundation when I go out regardless of what the weather's like. lol. I absolutely refuse to go without. Ditto.
I don't have clear, unblemished skin. I'll endure. Don't be so critical.

Are u talking about someone who is outside a lot when it is really hot???

If so I wouldn't wear much but I HAVE to wear foundation also, no mater what. I use MMU anyways so it doesn't like melt off my face.

If it is on the other hand.. 95 degrees & I was going to the mall or running a few errands where the only time I'll be outside is when I walk into places - I am gonna wear everything. I'll just use oil blotting papers or go into the bathroom right away when I walk into someplace
rotfl.gif
-- (altho the first time I experience any sort of eye makeup mess where mascara starts running into eyeliner or shadow or something - then I'll start to wear much, much less)

AGREE 100%. I did this b4 prom and when i did prom walk which is where you walk around this square wit ya date and ppl take pics, these lil bad ass kids wuz like you wear too much makeup! I wuz like shut up fool god i know this
smile.gif
I felt dumb tho cuz I knew i looked like a pancake face white girl that wuz tryin to hide somethin. Anyway now i don do that and keep powder down to a minimum n almost no foundation.

Wat school you go to in cincy? In bout to go to cincinnati state.

i agree, totally natural look is the best on a hot sweaty day, as little as possible and waterproof is the best way to go in case sweating does occur.

Ick! People should definately be careful about what they wear. I have big problems with mascara :-(

If I had good skin i would wear just tinted moisturiser, or maybe even no foundation at all, but its awful and I need to cover it up. Luckily in the UK its not terribly hot though haha.

xxx

Originally Posted by sadiesparkle /img/forum/go_quote.gif If I had good skin i would wear just tinted moisturiser, or maybe even no foundation at all, but its awful and I need to cover it up. That's me, too. I would love to use just TM, but I've tried it and it doesn't work for my skin. I need something more heavy duty to cover up my rosacea. Sure, my face gets warmer in the summer because of it, but I would rather spend the time it takes to maintain foundation than go without it and have a red face. I do back off of my other products, though. I usually wear foundation and a little waterproof mascara.

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm going to wear foundation when I go out regardless of what the weather's like. lol. I absolutely refuse to go without. Me too. I guess it depends on the person. Maybe her foundation was dripping because it wasen't the right one for her. Here it gets super hot, but girls still wear everything and I think they look real nice.

Originally Posted by clwkerric /img/forum/go_quote.gif I agree... it isn't necessary to use all of that and then just sweat it off.... I live in Florida... it gets in the 90s here with horrible humidity. Eww. i live in florida too, it does get to hot sometimes for mu here but mac sff and blot powder seems to work great as far as mu staying put in the humidity

I wear foundation whatever the weather, i do try and put it on lightly sometimes if i have some fake tan under it so its not to much on me, it always sweats at the top of my head whatever the weather, not a good look i guess and very annoying!

I personaly myself use MUFE wich is a complete coverage foundation but with the hot weather lately I have only been wearing bronzer on my face. I sweat too much to wear foundation while i'm at work. If i could i would wear it....i just bare my natural skin for the summer.

I'd rather look well-groomed, so if I think I'm going to sweat it off, I won't wear it.

Truly, there are things you can do if your skin's not great to draw attention away from that. I should know -- my skin's dreadful! Too many acne scars!

This topic is making me self-conscious
frown.gif
haha I do wear foundation on hot days every once in a while, but I either don't wear enough for it to melt off or don't spend enough time outdoors cuz make-upy sweat dripping off my face has never happened to me

Originally Posted by aplsmash /img/forum/go_quote.gif Maybe they're not going for the "natural beauty" look. Whatever makes them happy. I think so too.

Yeah I cant stand the feel of foundation or anything on the skin in general, but everything feels icky in the summer time, even sunblock. I agree with the person that said they focus on the eyes in the summer, thats what I do as well.

I hate wearing makeup when it's really hot. When we go to the Caribbean for vacation, it's hard, because I want to wear makeup when we go out at night, but I hate sweating when I have product on my face! Thankfully you can get waterproof foundations and stuff, or there is the mineral makeup option! Caking on your makeup though, when it's humid and really hot out feels awful, and looks just as bad. I think it's all about what products you choose though.

I should rephrase my answer.

I don't like it when someone wears HEAVY liquid foundation that like sweats off their face during the summer. If you carry blotting papers and loose powder then idc I probably won't even know you have foundation on but when your sweat is the same color as your foundation....it doesn't really look good.

I recommend mineral makeup.

Ellen Marie

Back