RIMMEL-How many people use it?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have two eyeshadows by Rimmel and after attempted usages they do leave a bit to be desired, very little pigment and staying power... basically crappy. I like a couple of their lipglosses but once again the staying power is not so great. Rimmel is not my favorite brand... but I haven't really tried their mascaras or eyeliners which others seem to be raving about so I don't know.

omg i love therir mascara, its all i buy, i have a brand new cg in purple bottle and i hate it!! used it once.Anyways i find rimmel are the only ones that seem to make my e/l give that fake full look and like andi said its the only one to lengthen my lashes!!

O also love their kohl pencils, i use this and dip in fluidline to use on water line. then go over with clean kohl. great cheap alternative. but not a fan of their e/s

Is the Extra Super Lash mascara easy to remove at night and what do you use to take it off? Sorry for all the questions, it just seems like every night when I remove my mascara I end up with 1-4 eyelashes missing and its harder and harder to put mascara on the next day with fear of loosing more. I just use Johnson and Johnson baby shampoo to wash with and light pressure to gently rub the shampoo on my eyelashes and then rinse with warm water. I don't know what I seem to be doing wrong. I was using MF 2000 calerie and like it. Which mascara would you say is the best by rimmel? I don't like using waterproof because its so hard to remove without ripping out my lashes. Does the kohl pencils make it easier to get like the smokey/eyes that pop? How do I get that really defined eye look that everyone is doing? I have looked but I can't seem to find the tuturials everyone talks about. Thanks.

I love their kohl eyeliners! It goes on smooth and it goes on very dark which i like they are also perfect for smudging so yes it makes it easier for me to get a smokey eye!

I've only used their white eyeliner. It's the best white eyeliner I've ever used. It's Soft Kohl Kajal eye pencil. It glides on smooth and there's a lot of pigment. Most of their products are made in england I believe.

I've tried Rimmel before, and I'm not really all that keen on the brand either. (Not really keen on drugstore brands in general, because so many people mess with the product and I can only IMAGINE where they've had their hands before testing it.)

I have a major problem with the eyeshadows. There's barely any pigmentation to speak of, and it really takes some major digging to get ANY sort of color. I have to agree that they do fade INCREDIBLY FAST, and you'll find that you'll be touching them up quite a bit throughout the day.

They may look pretty in the pan, but they're a waste of cash and space if you ask me. So yes, I agree that there is quite a bit of room for improvement there.

The lipsticks are actually quite nice, and they have a decent color selection to choose from. The lasting power is pretty decent, and they decent pigmentation for a drugstore lipstick. This is definitely worth looking at if you happen to take a look at this line.

I think I've only owned one lipliner from this line, and I believe the color was called Clover. It was a natural brownish pink nude color almost akin to a cheaper version of Spice from MAC. This liner most certainly got the job done. Mine was a little hard, so I would have to soften it up a bit by heating it up under hot water from the tap.

The powders leave a bit to be desired as well. I would not recommend any of the powders to anyone - not even my worst enemy. Boy do those suckers get CHALKY! The really tend to make the face look gross and pasty!

Not really a product that you would want to have in your makeup bag.

i have e/s, lipgloss, blush, lipstick, mascara from rimmel,

they are pretty nice. darker shades of e/s tend to be more pigmented, so try to avoid light shades from this brand.

but i am very intereste in trying their new line, underground.

they have nice packaging~

Hi,

I keep Rose and Apricot blushes in my pro kit. I also have their Choccie lipliner for myself.

I love Rimmel. I have tons of Rimmel products thanks to 40 $1 off coupons from ebay plus 40% off kmart/walgreens sales lol. I love their eyeliners, lipliners, vinyl gloss, and lipsticks.

Iv used rimmel on and off they tend to be classed as one of the cheaper brands over here too, there concealers are around £1 mascaras around £5 there an averagely good products but nothing special I wouldent use there foundation or face powder its proberbly best for the younger market

hope this helps suzee x

Hi. I've recently bought the Rimmel Mascara and it works well for me. The attached comb on the mascara wand really lengthens my lashes. I haven't tried any other products yet from them.

I have used several of their things. The only thing I do like is their east end snob lip gloss. I've never tried their lipliner, but now I want to.

I used to use them before switching to mostly mineral, and I like their eye pencils still
smile.gif

I tried their Color-Stay eyeliner and I didn't like it at all. I had to press really hard to get good color (which is not good for the eye area) and it faded within the hour. I used it two or three times and threw it away.

My favorite blush is by Rimmel. It's Berry.

I had some of the lip glosses, but they sucked big time. I ended up giving them to a friend.

Back