Round 4 : SOUTH / MID WEST BOX !!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been so covered up at work lately it isn't funny, so I haven't been on the forums in forever.  Imagine my surpise when a box of goodies turned up in my mailbox today.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Here is what was in the box:

What I took out:

What I put in:

Package should go out either today or tomorrow.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hey Ladies! Luckily the box reached me before this crazy snow storm! I"m currently snowed in, but if I can make it out of my driveway and to the post office it will be on it's way tomorrow.

This is what was in the box:

This is what I took out:

This is what I put in:

Don't risk your safety to mail it ! We can wait until you get there safely !! There are some great polishes in there ! Can't wait until it gets back to me !!!

I got the box!!! Yay!!! I will be posting photos of what I am taking out and putting in tomorrow.
It would be nice if you would send the box back to me . It's not really fair for all the gals to put there polishes and get to choose what they want and you keep the box and not post pics or send it to me . We can see that you have been on here and we all know that we get message notifications . I didn't want to go public with this and ruin your chance of being in another swap group or trade again . I have messaged you and emailed you and you have ignored me

I am not in your swap group but she did this with the "New Polish Circular Swap" box too and there are 3-4 pages of drama on it over there before she finally sent it on.

https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/137528/new-polish-circular-swap/540

She did eventually send it for what it's worth but I do not think this pattern of behavior is acceptable. She wouldn't answer us over there either for weeks. I'm not meaning to up the drama or personally attack but I don't think people who routinely do this should be able to participate in swaps.

I lurk in that thread, and was aware this person claimed that the box had been returned to her after she sent it out. I'm probably being overly cynical now, but I don't believe she ever posted any pictures either, so how do we really know that the box was returned to her? I know if the same thing had happened to me, I would post a picture of it to put everyone's mind at ease. Couldn't it be possible that she had it the entire time and was just lazy about sending it? Communication is really the most important rule in making these circular swaps run smoothly, so when there isn't any, it just reflects badly on the person. Seeing how this is the second time there's been a communication issue, I would have to agree with tulosai and reconsider allowing her to participate in the future.

Quote: Originally Posted by bluelion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I lurk in that thread, and was aware this person claimed that the box had been returned to her after she sent it out. I'm probably being overly cynical now, but I don't believe she ever posted any pictures either, so how do we really know that the box was returned to her? I know if the same thing had happened to me, I would post a picture of it to put everyone's mind at ease. Couldn't it be possible that she had it the entire time and was just lazy about sending it? Communication is really the most important rule in making these circular swaps run smoothly, so when there isn't any, it just reflects badly on the person. Seeing how this is the second time there's been a communication issue, I would have to agree with tulosai and reconsider allowing her to participate in the future.
She did not ever post pictures which also was puzzling to me. She said she would post them which makes it more confusing- if someone lacked the technology to do so (which is unlikely in today's day and age but not impossible) you'd think they would say so.

I also do want to be clear that to me the true problem definitely IS the communication issue.  While I also think it's concerning that someone would consistently keep boxes for weeks at a time, I think we all understand that sometimes things happen, and sometimes they can happen more than once to the same person.  I myself took a few weeks to get a box out recently because I was not at my customary address due to the holidays and couldn't get it out in a timely way. However, I posted regular updates and did ship it by the date I said I'd ship it. I was VERY grateful that everyone was understanding about the situation.  If @STLSportsGirl13 happens to have had month-long issues getting out a box twice in a row, yes that is annoying but to me anyway definitely forgivable if real communication is taking place throughout the time period in question. I think everyone on this forum is EXTREMELY, sometimes overly nice and reasonable and helpful and it wouldn't HAVE to be a big deal that someone held on to a box, even for a month.  To me the big deal is that this person hasn't been here apologizing and explaining what is going on.

I personally just thinks that @STLSportsGirl13 is a liar and shouldn't be allowed to participate in the group swaps, I'm in charge of this group and took care of all the work and contacting everyone and made sure all involved got their boxes and polishes and when it's supposed to come back to me , she steals the box . She has been messaged , emailed and called out and nerve responded . What makes it worse is I can see that she's been on make up talk recently and ignoring it all.

Quote: Originally Posted by tulosai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I am not in your swap group but she did this with the "New Polish Circular Swap" box too and there are 3-4 pages of drama on it over there before she finally sent it on.

https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/137528/new-polish-circular-swap/540

She did eventually send it for what it's worth but I do not think this pattern of behavior is acceptable. She wouldn't answer us over there either for weeks. I'm not meaning to up the drama or personally attack but I don't think people who routinely do this should be able to participate in swaps.

Why wasn't I notified?

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Why wasn't I notified?
I don't know.
icon_redface.gif
 I think it probably didn't occur to anyone- I know it didn't to me 
icon_frown.gif

Ok, so here's what I'm going to make public.

STLSportsgirl13 has had problems with swapping and sending things out in a timely manner. She did this in Secret Santa (didn't send her giftee anything until mid-JANUARY), swaplifted this box and (only now brought to my attention) about the other swap going on in the main forums. As such I've revoked her access to the B/S/T, locked her thread (I think I also deleted it), placed her on the Spammers tier (which causes members to have their posts moderated before being posted) and emailed her about this swapbox (haven't heard anything). Considering that she works for a well known company I'm absolutely shocked by her behavior. If she has been working then the least she could do was let people know she hasn't time to ship. COMMUNICATE!!!! COMMUNICATE!!!!

That said, we don't let members know this due to the fact we want to keep swaps within the groups or the B/S/T area however due to the fact that there have been to many swaplifting going on I'm going to reveal a "secret". You don't need to have a post in the B/S/T in order to use feedback. You do need to meet the minimum requirements of 15 posts AND be a member of MUT for five days but you don't need to post in the B/S/T area.

That said, you can leave her negative feedback.

Go to her profile.

Click on Trader Feedback.

Click on Leave Feedback.

In the URL field leave the url to the thread. Make sure it's the MAIN url. Example for this thread it'd be https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/138871/round-4-south-mid-west-box/ for the other thread it's https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/137528/new-polish-circular-swap/

For those who swapped with her via the Subscription Swap Group it's the same thing.

Yeah, it totally didn't occur to me to contact you either. Seems obvious now. It only came to my attention when tevans sent a private message to myself and LilyV, which was just about a week ago. At best, I was thinking she's just super flaky since the other box did get sent eventually. But there's certainly no excuse for not communicating, and it's absolutely unfair to keep everyone waiting this long.

Has she communicated with anyone yet? She was on earlier today (around 10 hours ago from this post) but she has yet to reply to me. She's been banned from this group so she won't be able to post here until she either contacts me or who ever is in charge of this swap or at least the next person in the list. Someone. She has to communicate with someone before I'll unban her from this group.

She's on thin ice with me right now due to what I'm finding out and I'll manually ban her since we don't have an infraction set up for swap thieves. What's worse is that this HER reputation she's destroying with the lack of communication.

I believe tevans has attempted to make contact several times (without success), which has been our biggest gripe about this whole thing, particularly since we see her logging in fairly regularly.

Yes I have blue lion . I have messaged her a few times Emailed her and made public posts ! I've heard nothing . I messaged Linda to see what my next step was to get a new box going .

What a bummer that this happened! It was such a good box, full of great stuff. I feel bad since I was the one who had it last, and now some of you lovely ladies are going to miss out. I hope that she comes around and decides to make things right and sends it off. Better late than never!

Tevans, I didn't make it to the post office today, but here's a quick peek at what's coming your way soon:

Blue lion , Thanks . Those are fab and will start a new box along with other goodies !!! Much appreciated !

You have another box coming your way too! (hopefully in 2-3 days?)  I can post a picture of the contents later tonight. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back