Round Four Nail Polish Swap Box Signups Sept 1st - 14th

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7. Premium polishes (may not cover every single polish out there...let us know if we missed one!): Butter London, Deborah Lippmann, OPI, China Glaze, Zoya, Julep, Essie, Indies, The New Black, A-England, Color Club, Illmasqua, Square Hue

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ampym /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Signed up! Where do indies fall? For what I pay I would not consider them as drugstore.

You're welcome.  I missed it the first time I read the rules too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ampym /img/forum/go_quote.gif

thank you

Quote: Originally Posted by Ampym /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Signed up! Where do indies fall? For what I pay I would not consider them as drugstore.

We've always thought of indies as higher-end. Last swap I took an indie and added an OPI. It's only fair. Am I wrong?

Since indies are listed with high-end, I would do the same.  High-end is high-end so it's not like you take a butter london and replace it with a butter london...you can replace it with any brand included in that list.  At least that's what I'd do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squidling /img/forum/go_quote.gif

We've always thought of indies as higher-end. Last swap I took an indie and added an OPI. It's only fair. Am I wrong?

I cannot wait for this next round. I really need to clean house, my polish rack is overflowing and my man is giving me the stink eye. It's like an episode of Hoarders minus the mummified cats, vermin, dirt, and over all stink.

So excited to see so many new faces! Looks like this will be our biggest group yet!

Quote: Originally Posted by nikkimouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  It as been more then a month since sign up closed is anything actually going on here?

Quote: Originally Posted by lissa1307 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thats what i was wondering...
I asked on the other thread saying it was taking forever and she got kind of snippy about it. I'm going to guess it's not happening anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndaV
Geez, sorry its taking forever. I've been on vacation and I'm now trying to get over a bad bug. I am VOLUNTEERING to do this, someone else is more than welcome to take it over if its not to your satisfaction.

I asked on the other thread saying it was taking forever and she got kind of snippy about it. I'm going to guess it's not happening anytime soon. Quote: Originally Posted by LyndaV Geez, sorry its taking forever. I've been on vacation and I'm now trying to get over a bad bug. I am VOLUNTEERING to do this, someone else is more than welcome to take it over if its not to your satisfaction.
Wow.

I think it's just on hiatus until Lynda feels better. I don't mind waiting, and I think a couple of others have expressed the same. With the other circular swap going on, the upcoming MUT Secret Santa exchange, not to mention the holidays in general, I'm kind of grateful for a little breather. It'll happen.
smile.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by bluelion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I think it's just on hiatus until Lynda feels better. I don't mind waiting, and I think a couple of others have expressed the same. With the other circular swap going on, the upcoming MUT Secret Santa exchange, not to mention the holidays in general, I'm kind of grateful for a little breather. It'll happen.
smile.gif

I agree.  I'm not in a hurry, I was just wondering what was going on.  Nothing has been said so it seems like it's just never going to happen.

Quote: Originally Posted by bluelion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smile.gif

I'm still waiting for my first swap.  
icon_cry.gif
    I don't have anything to need a breather from.

I know Lynda has a lot going on and I'm sure she didn't mean to snap. I wouldn't take it personally. I also don't mind waiting because it gives me a chance to accumulate more of a horde to toss in the box. 

Also, I have a suggestion: should we think about maybe adding a wishlist? I know I'd be more apt to part with some polishes if I new someone out there really wanted them...instead of hording them all for myself like a little nail polish troll. Thoughts?

Quote: Originally Posted by Squidling /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I know Lynda has a lot going on and I'm sure she didn't mean to snap. I wouldn't take it personally. I also don't mind waiting because it gives me a chance to accumulate more of a horde to toss in the box. 

Also, I have a suggestion: should we think about maybe adding a wishlist? I know I'd be more apt to part with some polishes if I new someone out there really wanted them...instead of hording them all for myself like a little nail polish troll. Thoughts?
I just made a polish wish list on my profile.  I was thinking the same thing.  I'd love to be able to go look at someone's profile and see if they have a wish I might be able to fulfill but I wonder how the box would work with twenty polishes all label with things like, "This is for Jessica.  DO NOT TAKE" lol.

Back