Safety & Privacy On The Internet

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok guys, what is a troll, other than those little guys that hang out under bridges and are really really short.
icon_rolleyes.gif

I am with Kim on this one, I'm not too overly paranoid. I live in a safe neighborhood and I am a single mom. So...if they are out to get me, they can find me. I always reprimand my 16 yr old for not locking the door. I told her if she continues to do so, I'm going to charge her $5.00 every time. I think we fixed that problem. haha. She lost her key so many times, I finally changed the lock.

I used to carry the pepper spray around, when I was about 23 or so, but not anymore. I'm not the paranoid type, and I'm always aware of my surroundings.

Jennifer, a troll is someone who creates an account on a forum and posts things just to upset others. It used to happen on another forum i was on alot because there was nobody moderating the board. You'd always know when the school holidays were because the place would fill up with horrible, rude comments and we'd know the kids had nothing better to do. Its not just kids that do this though, that's the sick thing. There are adults out there that have nothing better to do with their time than cause trouble on forums (WEIRDO ALERT!)

Internet safety is like anything else really, you have to use your common sense. I don't go randomly giving out my address to anyone online and I'm careful which sites I give my details to.

Leony, sorry about your mom. Hope she tells the police.

I needed to lookup someone's tel number and just used the internet for curiosity. Well, I have learnt that if you pay even less than $100 or even $50, you can get much info about that person including his/her criminal record. The neighborhood he/she lives and everything!!!!
icon_eek.gif
So I hope no weirdo will get us in the future...
icon_eek.gif

Ok, ok, so since you're all saying this place is safe...here's a quickie peek (see new avatar) although I really love my ole leopard avatar much better.
icon_redface.gif

Soooooo, are you the one on the left or the right?
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Amethyst Ok, ok, so since you're all saying this place is safe...here's a quickie peek (see new avatar) although I really love my ole leopard avatar much better.
icon_redface.gif

I'm the semi-bald one with all the facial hair. I had not gotten my monthly waxing when this photo was taken.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_redface.gif
icon_lol.gif
:icon_love

my apologies for looking gross.

Sweet! That's what I thought until you said otherwise. I'm so freakin' gullible sometimes!
icon_rolleyes.gif

It's great to have a face with the name finally.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
claps.gif

maybe I´m naive or something but I feel very secure about what information I give out about myself. I don´t post on other sites than MuT and I feel very secure here. also I`ve never been stalked in real life, neither has anybody I know...people, I come from a small town in the middle of nowhere (=Austria) so I don´t know the possible dangers of online forums I guess
biggrin.gif

I think I post too much info about myself sometimes though (especially in this one MuT forum where you have to be 18 to get access to *lol*), so sorry about that. my problem is that I sometimes trust people too much and I´m not a big friend of keeping secrets so I´m not worried about giving out too much info...maybe I should rethink this though

Originally Posted by Arielle

maybe I´m naive or something but I feel very secure about what information I give out about myself. I don´t post on other sites than MuT and I feel very secure here. also I`ve never been stalked in real life, neither has anybody I know...people, I come from a small town in the middle of nowhere (=Austria) so I don´t know the possible dangers of online forums I guess
biggrin.gif

I think I post too much info about myself sometimes though (especially in this one MuT forum where you have to be 18 to get access to *lol*), so sorry about that. my problem is that I sometimes trust people too much and I´m not a big friend of keeping secrets so I´m not worried about giving out too much info...maybe I should rethink this though

LET THE STALKING BEGIN!!!!! LOL j/k hehe
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) LET THE STALKING BEGIN!!!!! LOL j/k hehe
wink.gif
good think you only stalk MuT girls on Mondays, right? ahhh...I feel so secure today-it´s friday
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Back