Sample Society: April 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Jill6358 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

UGH.  So annoyed.  I got the Exude Lip Gloss AGAIN.  I actually loved it the first time around, so I wasn't too upset to see the box, but I got it in CLEAR.  WTF!!!!  CLEAR!  I could achieve the same look with a 99 cent chapstick.  
madd.gif
    I think I'll be writing to CS, but I don't know if they'll do anything.

And the clips...what's up with the clips.  It says "Get a great up-do (easily) with this hair-perfecting set"........maybe it will work for my grandmother, who has about 30 hairs on her head, but not so much for my thick medium length hair.

I'm PMSing.  Forgive me.  Maybe I'll love my box in a few days when I don't want to hit everyone with my flat iron.  
icon_rolleyes.gif
I make it a point not to try new stuff or open sub boxes when I am PMSing so I don't hate it all haha.  If I dare to wear makeup on that one particular grumpy day I have it ends up looking like Salvador Dali painted my face.
icon_eek.gif

In other news, I received my box today but haven't tried anything yet so I have nothing to report. Helpful today, aren't I?!
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I make it a point not to try new stuff or open sub boxes when I am PMSing so I don't hate it all haha.  If I dare to wear makeup on that one particular grumpy day I have it ends up looking like Salvador Dali painted my face.
icon_eek.gif

In other news, I received my box today but haven't tried anything yet so I have nothing to report. Helpful today, aren't I?!
biggrin.gif
lmao like Dali painted your face, that would be an interesting thing to see XD

Originally Posted by BlackMagicRose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I swatched the BB cream and it is too dark for me. You know you have pale skin if Korean BB creams are too dark for you. Sheesh!
I got the same BB cream in a past box, and when I swatched it on my hand it looked too dark also. I just started using it, and on my face it's way too light. Makes my face a ghostly white. Odd.

I'm using it now for an undereye concealer/brightener.

Originally Posted by Boulderbon /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the same BB cream in a past box, and when I swatched it on my hand it looked too dark also. I just started using it, and on my face it's way too light. Makes my face a ghostly white. Odd.

I'm using it now for an undereye concealer/brightener.
Yeah, I was actually worried the first time I used it because on my hand it looked waaaaay too dark, but luckily it's perfect on my face. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Did anyone else notice that it says it's "whitening" on the bottle? What exactly makes it whiten? And do I want to whiten my face? I like the BB cream a lot, that part just struck me as a little odd. 
blink.gif

Its korean and generally korean and other asian girls don't like to have tan skin. My friend, Song, gets in trouble with her mother if she spends too much time in the sun. She doesn't want her getting tan. So the whitening makes them paler I guess. Lol

Yeah, I was actually worried the first time I used it because on my hand it looked waaaaay too dark, but luckily it's perfect on my face. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Did anyone else notice that it says it's "whitening" on the bottle? What exactly makes it whiten? And do I want to whiten my face? I like the BB cream a lot, that part just struck me as a little odd.  :blink:

Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its korean and generally korean and other asian girls don't like to have tan skin. My friend, Song, gets in trouble with her mother if she spends too much time in the sun. She doesn't want her getting tan. So the whitening makes them paler I guess. Lol
Interesting....Hmm,  I don't know if I need to be any paler. I'll look ghostly, haha!

I make it a point not to try new stuff or open sub boxes when I am PMSing so I don't hate it all haha.  If I dare to wear makeup on that one particular grumpy day I have it ends up looking like Salvador Dali painted my face. :icon_eek: In other news, I received my box today but haven't tried anything yet so I have nothing to report. Helpful today, aren't I?! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I really need to stay off MUT during class. I am trying so very hard (& failing) not to laugh.

My Sample Society box arrived before anything else this month! That never happens! Woo.. excited to use the mask and how cute are the barettes? My Stila prime pot is in Taffy and looks like a good color match. Happy again with SS!

I don't even have my box yet, but I already know I'm using my code for more hair clips. I might even get $50 worth of them in various patterns. I have some that I got from Birchbox (actually wearing one today!), and I love them. I just wish they were slighly longer, and I think the ones on Beauty Bar are in fact longer!

I totally love the bobby pins! I used one today and I'm definatly thinking about buying some more. They're nice!

Does the hanksin bb cream color adjust like some other bb creams do? I love the coverage but I look like a ghost!

I just finished using the mask and it was amazing! I wish I had more, I'm probably going to have to buy some. I guess I'll see in the morning if it helped make my face brighter or anything.

I received kit C and I have to say I am pretty happy with it. The only items I probably won't use are the Jane Tran Barrettes. They are super cute in one in red/gold the other blue/black, but I am 47. ("Cute" doesn't quite cut it at my age, I would probably end up looking ridiculous.) The good news is they are cute in enough to gift to one of my nieces who are in their twenties and will look adorable in them.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine says 0.16 fl oz/4.63 ml in teeny, tiny print on the sticker on the end of the tube.
Thank you!! I knew it -.-' I ask the bf to look for size and he went: no size!... -.-'

Back