Sample Society: April 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Dots /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was thinking...do you think it would mess up the mask if I stuck the package in the fridge so it was cool before I put it on?
No clue...

Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Because your taste is different than theirs, perhaps? Sample boxes are crap shoots. The good months balance out the bad. When you play for the long haul, you usually end up winning.
I've been a member of Sample Society from the very first box they sent out, and they used to be so much better than this.  I liked all the skin care that a lot of people get tired of.  Honestly, in the past, I've loved what I've gotten, but they've changed.  And I've definitely been in it for the long haul, I just don't feel like the boxes have more than one "deluxe" sample any more.  

I got my box yesterday, but I already pretty much knew what I was getting thanks to the dashboard. I got Kit C

You can't see the hairclips in the picture. I really like what I received, and I think I'll use it all, but the value of the box does seem a little low. I calculated it at around only $20. I feel like even Birchbox and Ipsy usually have higher values for $10. I am trying not to focus so much on what the stuff is worth, since it's all stuff I'm happy to try out. 

i got box E yesterday: click for pics

I'm super excited about the stila prime pot! I think i'm going to try the mask today and I really like the hair clips! I was kind of bummed out about the cream!!!

For one- it's TINY! For another- this goes along with the eye cream we got like in June i think? For another: 

On the left is the 7ml EYE cream sample of Caudalie Premier Cru from Birchbox. 

On the right is the 2ml FACE cream sample of Caudalie Premier Cru from Sample Society. 

I wish I still had the tube of eye cream sample society sent in June- I believe is was .033oz- the birchbox one in the new packaging is .2oz!

Originally Posted by Mandy Kane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i got box E yesterday: click for pics

I'm super excited about the stila prime pot! I think i'm going to try the mask today and I really like the hair clips! I was kind of bummed out about the cream!!!

For one- it's TINY! For another- this goes along with the eye cream we got like in June i think? For another: 

On the left is the 7ml EYE cream sample of Caudalie Premier Cru from Birchbox. 

On the right is the 2ml FACE cream sample of Caudalie Premier Cru from Sample Society. 

I wish I still had the tube of eye cream sample society sent in June- I believe is was .033oz- the birchbox one in the new packaging is .2oz!
Yeah, the Caudalie sample bummed me out. I really really like it, but I used most of the sample we got in one use! I MIGHT be able to get one more use out of it, but that's it. I agree with a lot of you in that the samples seem smaller than before. Last month was my first box, but I've been interested in SS for some time, so I've read reviews and checked out the threads here for the last few months. But so far I'm enjoying what I'm getting, so it's cool. I got box C, and I loved the Hanskin BB Cream, and it's a pretty decent size. I've used it once so I should have a few more uses in it. 

Originally Posted by JamieO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, the Caudalie sample bummed me out. I really really like it, but I used most of the sample we got in one use! I MIGHT be able to get one more use out of it, but that's it. I agree with a lot of you in that the samples seem smaller than before. Last month was my first box, but I've been interested in SS for some time, so I've read reviews and checked out the threads here for the last few months. But so far I'm enjoying what I'm getting, so it's cool. I got box C, and I loved the Hanskin BB Cream, and it's a pretty decent size. I've used it once so I should have a few more uses in it. 
I'm the exact same.  Last month was my first box and I got kit C this month too.  But, so far I really am enjoying it.  I really like skincare so this is better for me than Ipsy was, especially since these are brands and items I would actually like to try.

Originally Posted by BeautyLoverIT /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm the exact same.  Last month was my first box and I got kit C this month too.  But, so far I really am enjoying it.  I really like skincare so this is better for me than Ipsy was, especially since these are brands and items I would actually like to try.
I love the skin care stuff too so I'm giving it another month before deciding to cut and run.

Last month was my first month with Sample Society, I was wondering to redeem that $15 off does your whole order have to be all Butter London or Stila. Or can it only have one brand from what was sampled and get other items from other brands that were not sampled? 

Originally Posted by skylola123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Last month was my first month with Sample Society, I was wondering to redeem that $15 off does your whole order have to be all Butter London or Stila. Or can it only have one brand from what was sampled and get other items from other brands that were not sampled? 
only one brand is required. I used mine to get dermalogica pre cleanse and a butter london nail polish.

Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

only one brand is required. I used mine to get dermalogica pre cleanse and a butter london nail polish.
Thank you :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

They also carry Jouer!! I wish they had the matte moisturizer in my color that would be great!

I tried the mask and it was really nice, cooling, and refreshing. It would be really nice to use on a summer night and i really like the fact that they sell 5 for $18 and they have like 4-5 different varieties of the mask. VERY wet though- plan on like laying on the couch for 20 minutes- if you're walking around it will probably fall off. 

Originally Posted by Mandy Kane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I tried the mask and it was really nice, cooling, and refreshing. It would be really nice to use on a summer night and i really like the fact that they sell 5 for $18 and they have like 4-5 different varieties of the mask. VERY wet though- plan on like laying on the couch for 20 minutes- if you're walking around it will probably fall off. 
Good to know! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

i think the mask broke me out! but im not sure - and it wasnt serious it was like 2 zits. my mask was really drippy/wet i saw someone said they put it in the fridge or freezer or something. i probably should have done that. 

I really liked my box! I've been really thinking about cancelling and this month was the decider and I decided to keep them for at least another 2 months. I know there aren't any full sizes, but I love what I got! Especially the mask and the clips (which with my short hair I can always use). And the Caudalie, that stuff is amazing!

I don't know what's going on with Sample Society and me.  Last month they sent me a LashFood and the brush was all splayed out, so I couldn't use it.  They were super nice about it and sent me a new one and that brush was ruined too.  They're going to send yet another one and I have my fingers crossed.  Got my box today and they sent me a duplicate of the Borghese lip gloss that I received last year.  I don't want to complain about it since I already had the LashFood issue and I don't want them to think I'm a chronic complainer.  This is my favorite box and they customer service is fantastic, but I feel like there's a little black raincloud hanging over me.

UGH.  So annoyed.  I got the Exude Lip Gloss AGAIN.  I actually loved it the first time around, so I wasn't too upset to see the box, but I got it in CLEAR.  WTF!!!!  CLEAR!  I could achieve the same look with a 99 cent chapstick.  
madd.gif
    I think I'll be writing to CS, but I don't know if they'll do anything.

And the clips...what's up with the clips.  It says "Get a great up-do (easily) with this hair-perfecting set"........maybe it will work for my grandmother, who has about 30 hairs on her head, but not so much for my thick medium length hair.

I'm PMSing.  Forgive me.  Maybe I'll love my box in a few days when I don't want to hit everyone with my flat iron.  
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by Jill6358 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

UGH.  So annoyed.  I got the Exude Lip Gloss AGAIN.  I actually loved it the first time around, so I wasn't too upset to see the box, but I got it in CLEAR.  WTF!!!!  CLEAR!  I could achieve the same look with a 99 cent chapstick.  
madd.gif

And the clips...what's up with the clips.  It says "Get a great up-do (easily) with this hair-perfecting set"........maybe it will work for my grandmother, who has about 30 hairs on her head, but not so much for my thick medium length hair.

I'm PMSing.  Forgive me.  Maybe I'll love my box in a few days when I don't want to hit everyone with my flat iron.  
icon_rolleyes.gif
LMAO loved that line! Not making fun of your PMS cuz well I was lightly PMSing a couple of days ago, so I know your pain XD

I thought it was just me! My brush was splayed out too - which makes me think it's a lashfood issue. I just cut off the splayed bristles and used what was left to apply the serum....

Originally Posted by Glitterazzi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't know what's going on with Sample Society and me.  Last month they sent me a LashFood and the brush was all splayed out, so I couldn't use it.  They were super nice about it and sent me a new one and that brush was ruined too.  They're going to send yet another one and I have my fingers crossed.  Got my box today and they sent me a duplicate of the Borghese lip gloss that I received last year.  I don't want to complain about it since I already had the LashFood issue and I don't want them to think I'm a chronic complainer.  This is my favorite box and they customer service is fantastic, but I feel like there's a little black raincloud hanging over me.

Originally Posted by Jill6358 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

madd.gif
Mix it with a pigment that's lip safe to create your own colored lip gloss.

Back