Sample Society: February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yay my box shipped yesterday! I'm getting Kit B and it looks like everyone is excited about that one :)

I always look forward to Sample Society. I'm getting Kit A from the looks of it. Really excited for everything!

I got Kit A and it arrived today.  This is the third time I received a

diptyque fragrance sample.
I called customer service and spoke to a nice chap who said he would give me a refund for $6; $3 for each duplicate.  I also got the

lipstick in Brown #4. 
Can anyone guide me to where and how I can make a trade thread?  Thanks so much. 

Seems like I'm getting mine tomorrow! Woot woot! 
yay.gif
yess.gif

I'm getting kit A which looks pretty good. Would have liked the facial mist tho. 
11dh.gif

Originally Posted by StickyLips /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I called customer service and spoke to a nice chap who said he would give me a refund for $6; $3 for each duplicate.  I also got the

lipstick in Brown #4. 
Can anyone guide me to where and how I can make a trade thread?  Thanks so much. 
Can you show us a swatch of the color you got?

What Diptyque samples are you getting?  I got a bottle of the Volutes for Christmas because I LOVVVED it.  

I can't wait to see what color lippy I get.   :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My box is scheduled to arrive tomorrow!  I'm getting kit A, and have my fingers crossed that I dont recieve a brown lippie. I'm hoping for something pink, red or coral. It might be ok though if it has pink undertones.  I'm not thrilled for another Dipytique fragrance sample either.  This will be my 3rd one from Sample Society.  I'm happy about the rest of the box.  The other 3 products are completely new to me.  I had been wanting to try one of the body care items from LaRocca, so I'm psyched to have the 15.00 off code for that brand!

Originally Posted by StickyLips /img/forum/go_quote.gif

lipstick in Brown #4. 
I got kit A also:

The lippie is Bronze, which I thought would be totally wrong for me with my cool complexion, but its surprisingly workable.The Diptyque is Oyedo, a very citrusy scent.

I've been interested in Exude for months, so a full size is nice. Depending on wear, I may buy another shade.

Sample sizes:

LaRocca Hibiscus Cream Cleanser-7ml-teensy!
Diptyque Oyedo-.06 oz spray
Immunocologie Treatment Creme Venomax-.5 oz-nice size, good reusable container
Oscar Blandi Hair Lift-1 oz
Exude Lip cream-full-size in a nice box

Originally Posted by cheetahchirps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sample sizes:

Wow! The Venomax is an awesome size. The full-size is 1.7 oz and retails for $275

The Venomax is half and ounce???? WoowWWW!!!

Originally Posted by cheetahchirps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sample sizes:

Originally Posted by murflegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Can you show us a swatch of the color you got?
This color swatch is from the company website

I didn't open the package because I'd like to trade it if I can figure out how to make a trade list. 

Originally Posted by Jennifer Love /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What Diptyque samples are you getting?  I got a bottle of the Volutes for Christmas because I LOVVVED it.  

I can't wait to see what color lippy I get.   :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
The 3 Diptyques are Volutes, Doson, and Oyedo.

Originally Posted by luvdroolbuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I emailed CS about my repeats. I will let ya'll know what they say. I was very nice and complimented them. I DO like Sample Society a lot overall.
I found out from CS (within a very short period of emailing them!) that because I had re-subscribed at one point, my settings were essentially lost and therefore I am opened to dupes now. Their CS is really admirable.

OMG guys! I usually don't like to post what I got until I write my blog post XD But wow...

Yes, the Venomax is pretty big, the Facial Mist is bit too, the exude is full size and I got it in Crimson, the Oscar Blandi  is regular size OB sample and the La Rocca is small, but still good! The value of this box is gonna be way high. The only thing that is kinda meh, is that the La Rocca has a complicated packaging, it's hard to squeeze the product out, so I just take the cap off and hit it against my hand to get some. I will be writing my review/posting later on today :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> if not tomorrow.

Originally Posted by luvdroolbuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I found out from CS (within a very short period of emailing them!) that because I had re-subscribed at one point, my settings were essentially lost and therefore I am opened to dupes now. Their CS is really admirable.
Hmmm That is probably why I got dupes this time then. Oh well. Teach me not to unsub unless I am REALLY sure.

Latest posts

Back