Sample Society: January 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The CS people at Beauty Bar are so nice and helpful!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> That's funny about the credit you got.

I don't know how to make things hidden, so I will abbreviate.

I'm a bit concerned about the size of the SB items...

I have gotten SB sample sized products recently from another sub box ( not sure which one or ones) and they were incredibly tiny. Almost like perfume vial on card tiny.

I hope so much these will be the " deluxe" sizen that SS is known for. SS has only sent one teeny thing that I can remember- the VBeaute eye cream or wrinkle cream ( I tossed it)  a few months ago. It was a lousy box for them all the way around that month LOL.

Originally Posted by LillyAmanda /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The CS people at Beauty Bar are so nice and helpful!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> That's funny about the credit you got.

I don't know how to make things hidden, so I will abbreviate.

I'm a bit concerned about the size of the SB items...

I have gotten SB sample sized products recently from another sub box ( not sure which one or ones) and they were incredibly tiny. Almost like perfume vial on card tiny.

I hope so much these will be the " deluxe" sizen that SS is known for. SS has only sent one teeny thing that I can remember- the VBeaute eye cream or wrinkle cream ( I tossed it)  a few months ago. It was a lousy box for them all the way around that month LOL.
To make a spoiler box, click on the little black box icon next to the quote mark icon in the header/tool bar.

As far as sizes....

of the SnowBerry products, it says deluxe samples.

Apparently the full size products are fairly small to begin with, since these products need to be used within 3 months of opening them. Most products are good for 12 months or longer. SnowBerry has a short shelf life due to the "natural" ingredients.
So maybe that's why their deluxe sizes are smaller?  

Are you Kit B as well?

There seems to be more variation within the boxes this month.

I am getting Kit A.  The only differences is that I am getting the snowberry cleanser and a Malin and Goetz shower gel.  PersonallyI  would have preferred the other snowberry products instead of the shower gel since I got the philosophy one last month.  Oh well overall pretty pleased. 

Since Sample Society now has a variety of boxes, I just opened a 2nd account and created a different profile.  I made myself about 25 years younger - ha ha!  

Last month there were only a couple of different things in the various boxes, but this month seems to have more variety.  I really like almost all the products I've sampled through Sample Society, so in most cases, I wouldnt mind getting a duplicate product.  I can always cancel my 2nd account if I change my mind.  My new subscription starts in February.  I also have had 2 Birchbox accounts for the past year, and have never recieved a duplicate box.

I'm getting kit B on my first account.  I love getting skin care more than anything.  I'm super excited to get this box of goodies!  It looks like my box should arrive on Monday or Tuesday!

I am not thrilled with my box now that I see the others with the Snowberry !! Of course. I have some from a Discover with Marta box and it is actually pretty huge.Marta usually has a lot of full and super deluxe sizes (like half size) in her boxes; I expect this moisturizer to last a month. Hopefully yours is the same size!

Anywho, the more I thought about the more annoyed I was to get another black liner. I called SS CS and they refunded me $5. Now I wish I had asked for a credit! But I am planning on using a $10 credit this month to go along with my $15 code, so I will just allow myself another $5!

Just to underscore the excellence of this company's CS, let me tell you what else they did for me this week. I have been using these site since it was just diapers.com for autoship on my now 5-year-old's diapers and wipes! I ordered my 2 year old a toy with 30% off one item/first purchase code they offer for each of their storefronts through YoYo.com. I just discovered a missing piece. Called CS for a return. Not only did she immediately send out a new toy FedEx two day (I had the confirmation before we got off the phone), but she told me not to bother to return the other set!

Hmmmm....maybe I should finally break up with GB for a second SS!

Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am not thrilled with my box now that I see the others with the Snowberry !! Of course. I have some from a Discover with Marta box and it is actually pretty huge.Marta usually has a lot of full and super deluxe sizes (like half size) in her boxes; I expect this moisturizer to last a month. Hopefully yours is the same size!

Anywho, the more I thought about the more annoyed I was to get another black liner. I called SS CS and they refunded me $5. Now I wish I had asked for a credit! But I am planning on using a $10 credit this month to go along with my $15 code, so I will just allow myself another $5!

Just to underscore the excellence of this company's CS, let me tell you what else they did for me this week. I have been using these site since it was just diapers.com for autoship on my now 5-year-old's diapers and wipes! I ordered my 2 year old a toy with 30% off one item/first purchase code they offer for each of their storefronts through YoYo.com. I just discovered a missing piece. Called CS for a return. Not only did she immediately send out a new toy FedEx two day (I had the confirmation before we got off the phone), but she told me not to bother to return the other set!

Hmmmm....maybe I should finally break up with GB for a second SS!
Which box are you getting?

And...

How is the SnowBerry products you tried?

Did you like them?

Originally Posted by marybbryant /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Last month there were only a couple of different things in the various boxes, but this month seems to have more variety.  I really like almost all the products I've sampled through Sample Society, so in most cases, I wouldnt mind getting a duplicate product.  I can always cancel my 2nd account if I change my mind.  My new subscription starts in February.  I also have had 2 Birchbox accounts for the past year, and have never recieved a duplicate box.
Do you have to create a separate account to purchase a second Birchbox?  I'm thinking of canceling Sample Society in favor of that.  I'm getting Kit B and I'm just not terribly enthused by it.  I think I just like the more eclectic assortment from Birchbox.

Originally Posted by Katinka31 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you have to create a separate account to purchase a second Birchbox?  I'm thinking of canceling Sample Society in favor of that.  I'm getting Kit B and I'm just not terribly enthused by it.  I think I just like the more eclectic assortment from Birchbox.
You just need to open an account using a different email address.  I love Birchbox - as you say, its a more eclectic assortment.  A lot of my current HG products I've discovered because of Birchbox.

Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes it seems so. What Kit are you getting?
I am getting Kit D.  No dashboard update or shipping information for me yet!!! 
icon_cry.gif

Edit: UPS shows delivery Monday....

Kit C

And ...

Honestly, I am not sure.I am using the day moisturizer now. I did a TCA peel and my skin was really dry and flaking; it is clearing up now, thanks to a layer of Palmer's under my Snowberry, so I think I am liking them. My husband is from New Zealand and we are there for at least a month once a year, so I want to like them!
Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Which box are you getting?

And...

How is the SnowBerry products you tried?

Did you like them?

I'm getting kit D too. I really hope theres not a super amount of variation because I REALLY want to try a By Terry product. I would like just once that my dashboard update. especially since the receipt says that its shipped -___-

Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm getting kit D too. I really hope theres not a super amount of variation because I REALLY want to try a By Terry product. I would like just once that my dashboard update. especially since the receipt says that its shipped -___-
I really wanted to try a By Terry product as well, but I'm getting kit B.  There is no By Terry, but there are a couple of other awesome brands that I'm glad I get to try so I'm happy.   I may have to break down and purchase a By Terry at some point.  I'm thinking I could put my Birchbox points to good use...

Its absolutely driving me nuts my dashboard hasn't updated! I'm getting Kit C, believe it or not but I'm super excited about the eyeliner and unnamed lipgloss.

• sue-186_small2a.jpg
  • Sue Devitt Lip Enhancing Gloss-SS

Love it? Hate it? Rate it

• Shop the brand »

• sue-186_small2a.jpg
  • Sue Devitt  Lip Enhancing Gloss-SS

Love it? Hate it? Rate it

• Shop the brand »
I've never tried anything by the last brand, so I'm excited for that especially! The first brand is interesting and I enjoyed the cream I received last year. Woo!

I'm kind of annoyed that the By Terry product is another eye serum.  I got a really generous sized eye serum from them last month.  I've just started using the serums on my hands because I have so many.  LOL    Super not excited about the eyeliner.  Whoopty doo...another black eyeliner from another sub.  The Nicole Richie perfume is a NO FREAKIN' WAY item. The other stuff...eh...I'm cool with it.  

Kinda meh about this month's box.  I'll let them try to wow me with next month's and if not then I'll just say sayonara for a little while (getting loaded up on samples and products right now anyway.)

Originally Posted by Jennifer Love /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm kind of annoyed that the By Terry product is another eye serum.  I got a really generous sized eye serum from them last month.  I've just started using the serums on my hands because I have so many.  LOL    Super not excited about the eyeliner.  Whoopty doo...another black eyeliner from another sub.  The Nicole Richie perfume is a NO FREAKIN' WAY item. The other stuff...eh...I'm cool with it.  

Kinda meh about this month's box.  I'll let them try to wow me with next month's and if not then I'll just say sayonara for a little while (getting loaded up on samples and products right now anyway.)
I hear you. I actually like your box though.

My box has THREE facial moisturizers!!!!! A day cream, night cream and a mask that can be a night cream.

Seriously?! And last month I got a black eyeliner,  Did not need it last month or again this month!

Which leaves me with the Nicole Richie fragrance I am not the least bit interested in!

I really do like the brands SS sends out. But this is getting way too redundant!

I may have to give it a break as well.

Back