Sample Society: January 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Kit C

And ...

Honestly, I am not sure.I am using the day moisturizer now. I did a TCA peel and my skin was really dry and flaking; it is clearing up now, thanks to a layer of Palmer's under my Snowberry, so I think I am liking them. My husband is from New Zealand and we are there for at least a month once a year, so I want to like them!
I smiled when you said you "want to like them":)

I can totally relate!

By the way, CS told me they are trying to refine the quiz. So let them know what doesn't work for your profile. I wish these subs would realise black eyelineris not a universal thing!

Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

To make a spoiler box, click on the little black box icon next to the quote mark icon in the header/tool bar.

As far as sizes....

of the SnowBerry products, it says deluxe samples.

Apparently the full size products are fairly small to begin with, since these products need to be used within 3 months of opening them. Most products are good for 12 months or longer. SnowBerry has a short shelf life due to the "natural" ingredients.
So maybe that's why their deluxe sizes are smaller?  

Are you Kit B as well?

There seems to be more variation within the boxes this month.
Thank you for the instructions. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Nope, I'm getting Kit F.  Hope F is a lucky letter in this context.

I'm Kit F.  It looks like it is:

Strivectin Instant Retexturizing Scrub

Delaney Wellness Rejuvenating Eye Cream
Lord & Berry Silk Kajal Eye Pencil - Black
Lollia Wish Petite Treat Shea Butter Handcreme Nicole Richie perfume

Not super thrilled, but I'll live. Just hoping next month is better, or I might cancel and sign up again to try to get a chance to redo the quiz.

Here's Kit F:

StriVectin Instant Retexturizing Scrub

Lollia Wish Petite Treat Shea Butter Handcreme Nicole Richie Perfume
I'm pretty meh about this one.

Thanks for posting the Kit F contents. I'm happy to be prepared, because I was so hoping not to get 2 of those items also mentioned by others in the other kits this month. I have a feeling we will all get those items, because they are extremely cheap. ( or free).

I will use the hand cream and eye cream, though. Hopefully they will be substantial sizes to make up for the 2 dismal items in the boxes,

I won't be standing at the front windows looking for the UPS man when this one ships,  but will hope for a great Feb. boc for all of us.

Originally Posted by millhavenslotti /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm Kit F.  It looks like it is:

Strivectin Instant Retexturizing Scrub

Lollia Wish Petite Treat Shea Butter Handcreme Nicole Richie perfume

Not super thrilled, but I'll live. Just hoping next month is better, or I might cancel and sign up again to try to get a chance to redo the quiz.
got the eye cream  last month and have really liked it.

Originally Posted by Jess Bailey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

got the eye cream  last month and have really liked it.
I got their eye serum last month and really like it...but I'm getting another one this month from someone else.  LOL  SERUM OVERLOAD!  hahaha

I got the hand cream and the eye cream last month. Nice stuff.

Originally Posted by millhavenslotti /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here's Kit F:

StriVectin Instant Retexturizing Scrub

Lollia Wish Petite Treat Shea Butter Handcreme Nicole Richie Perfume
I'm pretty meh about this one.

I love that Delaney eye serum from last month.  And the sample should be a nice size, if it's the same one that came last month, that came out to about $35 worth of product!

Originally Posted by brio444 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love that Delaney eye serum from last month.  And the sample should be a nice size, if it's the same one that came last month, that came out to about $35 worth of product!
I love that item from last month too, and the size of the sample is impressive even for a "deluxe" sample.  That type of sample is generally pretty small.  I just started using mine a few days ago, and I love it!  I would love to try other products from that line as well. 

I'm getting kit B this month.  Originally I had really wanted to try the By Terry item and thought I would be disappointed if I didnt get it, but I'm not disappointed at all.  I'm really looking forward to trying all 3 skin care items that are in my box this month. My main reason for subscribing to both Sample Society and Birchbox is to try out differnt skin care items without breaking the bank.  A little variety in the types of products in the boxes is always nice too though, but with SS and BB, I can pretty much count on trying some new skin care every month. 

When I first joined Birchbox and Sample Society, I would read this thread and thought the people complaining about all the perfume samples were just whiners.  After subbing to both SS and BB for a year, I understand.  I have a HUGE supply of perfume samples sitting in a bowl in my bedroom.  I cant wear fragrance to work so even those little sample vials last me a long time.  I would really like to not recieve anymore fragrance samples for a while!  Oh well, whats one more...  Maybe I will love it, and I can always use it to scent my house.

Originally Posted by marybbryant /img/forum/go_quote.gif

... and I can always use it to scent my house.
This is what I do with mine if I even remotely like them. I spray them onto a piece of parchment and then stick them in certain places around the room. That way the light scent stays for a few day at which point I do the same thing with another scent.

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is what I do with mine if I even remotely like them. I spray them onto a piece of parchment and then stick them in certain places around the room. That way the light scent stays for a few day at which point I do the same thing with another scent.
That is a really good idea. I will keep it in mind when I get perfumes I like the smell of, but not on me.

Originally Posted by Ashitude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That is a really good idea. I will keep it in mind when I get perfumes I like the smell of, but not on me.
You can also use a cotton ball. That's what my boss does in her office. She sprays one with some lavender oil and put it behind a framed photo so you can't see it.

Thank you so much to the last several posters who have made me feel much better about Box F.
wub.gif
 You've been very kind to share your experiences with the products.

Mine shipped out today. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Got my Box today

I got Kit A. Also got a bonus item. It's a Pantene Age Defy Advanced Thickening treatment. 

Looking forward to trying the Pantene bonus item, the CB mask and the snowberry cleanser. 

Originally Posted by BagLady /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my Box today

I got Kit A. Also got a bonus item. It's a Pantene Age Defy Advanced Thickening treatment. 

Looking forward to trying the Pantene bonus item, the CB mask and the snowberry cleanser. 

Ahhh!!  So jealous of your bonus item!  I saw that featured somewhere and wanted to try it.  Here's to hoping that's the bonus item in Kit D as well.  Guess I'll find out tomorrow when my box gets here.

Back