Sample Society: January 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny thing SS listed my snowberry lite day cream as being $44...it's $95 on their website...there's quite a bunch of money between $44 and $95!

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

don't shoot me if it doesn't work the same for you though :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> *runs & hide* it seems great so far though so I hope it works the same way for you :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> atm I'm liking it way better for the water line than UD 24/7...after a while that one just seems to fade...
I just played with it for the last hour...I really like it! 

the line is softer and not as harsh as UD on the waterline. Yet it still has staying power. (I hope).

I will test it tomorrow and if it stays as well as I think it will, major happy dance!

I have a zillion eyeliners, but I don't have an authentic kohl one. So this may have been a GREAT find. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I look forward to everyone else's feedback..

Funny thing SS listed my snowberry lite day cream as being $44...it's $95 on their website...there's quite a bunch of money between $44 and $95!
Yes... I noticed that too with my SnowBerry products. They are worth way more than they are listed on the card. 

Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just played with it for the last hour...I really like it! 

the line is softer and not as harsh as UD on the waterline. Yet it still has staying power. (I hope).

I will test it tomorrow and if it stays as well as I think it will, major happy dance!

I have a zillion eyeliners, but I don't have an authentic kohl one. So this may have been a GREAT find. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I look forward to everyone else's feedback..
Let's say I swatched it for my blog earlier when I got my box...(around 2pm or so...) It's 11 and I showered and  scrubbed it...I can still see the BM on my arm! lol it's way faded, but still there!

Got my box today!  Kit C.  

Gloss/eyeliner swatches:

Quick math on this box, looks like this version comes out to $69.21 before including the Pantene bonus product, $77.31 total.  WOW.

I'm really pleased with the size of the By Terry eye cream.  I love the one from last month, but the #1 reason I subscribe to so many subs is to not have to buy eye cream (not really kidding, haha).  AND, sample society gave me a great color lip gloss for me - coral.  Really happy.  Also excited for the eyeliner.  Really good month!  

Yes, that's the Sue Devitt.  2 fullsize makeup products and By Terry!  I think SS knew it was my bday this month.  I'm super-pleased with this one.

Now I totally can't wait to get my box tomorrow! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

thanks for the info on the eyeliner, imo the UD 24/7 liners don't stay on my bottom lash line or inner waterline, which makes me sad.

you're welcome ^^ and yeah they have gorgeous colors! I'm dying to get Woodstock and try it out, but their staying power is not the greatest...which is sad for a product called 24/7 -.-!  I used one of their eyeshadow pencils yesterday for my lower lash line and it worked awesome didn't move at all! 

Originally Posted by brio444 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my box today!  Kit C.  

Gloss/eyeliner swatches:

Quick math on this box, looks like this version comes out to $69.21 before including the Pantene bonus product, $77.31 total.  WOW.

I'm really pleased with the size of the By Terry eye cream.  I love the one from last month, but the #1 reason I subscribe to so many subs is to not have to buy eye cream (not really kidding, haha).  AND, sample society gave me a great color lip gloss for me - coral.  Really happy.  Also excited for the eyeliner.  Really good month!  
Nice box!  That coral gloss swatch looks great with you skin tone in the picture.  I'm always thrilled to get eye creams in my boxes too.  Those little tubes or jars are so darn expensive!

I just opened my Sample Society box.  I got kit B, and I love everything in it!  I am going to really enjoy these products. 

I got the day and night version of the WB.  My night cream is full to the brim, and my day cream has just a tiny amount in it.  I'm ok with that, but I really wanted to try this.  I was psyched to be getting an organic cream to sample.

I've been using the extra we received and so far I like it. Think it might actually be working for my thin curly hair!

I love the idea of hair thickening, I'm 21, but my hair has always been really fine...also I have issues with Pantene particular scent! I just love it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> There's just one thing...it says to look at the pamphlet for instructions...I don't have any pamphlet O.O
QUOTE FROM WEBSITE:

ay 1: Thickens existing hair, so it’s as if you have up to 6500 more hair strandsDay 14: Hair achieves maximum thicknessDay 30 & Beyond: Hair is supple and maximum thickness is maintainedHOW TO USE: Use daily. Apply to wet or dry hair. Spray 15 pumps at the roots to cover your scalp from the ear line up. Massage in with fingertips. Do not rinse off. Style as usual. Gentle enough to use on color-treated hair.

I just realized when I checked my Dashboard today that I got a product last month and am getting the exact same thing this month. It hasn't been out of the SS box after I tried it once, that's how " new and exciting" I thought it was.

It was one of the two items I thought would be " OK" this month. Now, I'm down to a single sample of hand cream LOLOL.

Some months are just like this... I may call and complain about 3 items in my box: the duplicate eye serum, the ordinary black eye pencil, and the perfume sample which should NOT count as an item, if it does.

Originally Posted by LillyAmanda /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just realized when I checked my Dashboard today that I got a product last month and am getting the exact same thing this month. It hasn't been out of the SS box after I tried it once, that's how " new and exciting" I thought it was.

It was one of the two items I thought would be " OK" this month. Now, I'm down to a single sample of hand cream LOLOL.

Some months are just like this... I may call and complain about 3 items in my box: the duplicate eye serum, the ordinary black eye pencil, and the perfume sample which should NOT count as an item, if it does.
It does count, or well they do count it...if it was a roller ball kinda sample I think it wouldn't be as bad...

Originally Posted by alissar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

QUOTE FROM WEBSITE:

ay 1: Thickens existing hair, so it’s as if you have up to 6500 more hair strandsDay 14: Hair achieves maximum thicknessDay 30 & Beyond: Hair is supple and maximum thickness is maintainedHOW TO USE: Use daily. Apply to wet or dry hair. Spray 15 pumps at the roots to cover your scalp from the ear line up. Massage in with fingertips. Do not rinse off. Style as usual. Gentle enough to use on color-treated hair.
Thank you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I did find the instructions online too though :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but thx anyways :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was excited to see the Pantene hair thickener as an extra - it's actually my favorite part of the box! Totally disappointed to get yet another black eyeliner pencil, though (I only line my eyes with a combo of liquid liner and some smudged wet eyeshadow). And this particular pencil feels awfully hard to me. I was pleasantly surprised by the Nicole Ritchie fragrance. When I read that it had notes of both patchoulli and sandalwood (2 scents I typically hate!), I expected to completely dislike it. I think it's nice, though. It's rare I like a perfume sample in a sub box. I totally love the lipgloss shade that came, too. Overall, this months box made me really happy I decided to give Sample Society another shot.

My box "F" -for Fail- landed on the front porch thanks to the UPS dude who loves to throw my packages at our handcrafted etched leaded glass door this afternoon.

It was worse than I had expected. The largest item, by far, was the Pantene freebie. And I have hair that is so thick it's unreal. I stretch Twistbands out so badly with one ponytail that I can't reuse them.

I called Beauty Bar CS and told them about the duplicate item from my Dec. box, the totally useless black eye pencil as every woman who wants one has one, two or a handful, and that my skin type was entirely inappropriate for one of the products- the scrub.

They gave me a credit for the box. I think it was appropriate since there is no way I would want to take these items home as freebies from the mall. The hand cream is teeny tiny and smells old lady-like.

I agree it was my first time ordering a box and i've had better items from ipsy which i cancelled to try this box out.  Big disappointment.

Back