Sample Society June 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kit C:

photo.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I was looking forward to the perfume, but...meh. Just meh. Maybe that was just because this month is so moisturizer-heavy, I don't know. I had bigger, richer, more bombastic expectations of Juliette Has a Gun. Now this is my first-ever from them, so I hope Anyway isn't representative of the entire line. It's awfully light on me, almost thin, as if it needs something more to give it depth. At least I can use my code to get the Orlane bronzer!

I had been a subscriber to Sample Society since it started, but then about 6 months ago I decided it just didn't thrill me anymore, so cancelled.  I think it was all the repeat brands every month (Murad, Ouidad and the same brand of perfume every single month, and I'm not a fan of any of brands).  I resubbed again this month and am delighted with this box!  I love getting skin care more than anything.  I'm getting Kit E , and I'm very happy to receive a body care product as well as the face products.

For such a large beauty retailer, Beauty Bar doesn't carry nearly as many brands as other beauty retailers, such as Sephora, beauty.com and the department stores so I guess that's another reason why there are so many repeat brands in the Sample Society boxes. 

I was looking forward to the perfume, but...meh. Just meh. Maybe that was just because this month is so moisturizer-heavy, I don't know. I had bigger, richer, more bombastic expectations of Juliette Has a Gun. Now this is my first-ever from them, so I hope Anyway isn't representative of the entire line. It's awfully light on me, almost thin, as if it needs something more to give it depth. At least I can use my code to get the Orlane bronzer!
Yeah, I haven't tried the Anyway perfume yet, but the Nicole Richie was pretty bad.  To my nose, anyway. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  It's got that heavy undertone to it that becomes unpleasant and just overpowering after awhile, and I used the tiniest drop I could get out of it.  I washed it off after an hour or so.

Got a set of 5!!  Yay!  They went fast, when back to get another set of 5 after thinking about it and they were gone... Oh well, guess I didn't need to spend the money anyway!

Yeah, I haven't tried the Anyway perfume yet, but the Nicole Richie was pretty bad.  To my nose, anyway. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  It's got that heavy undertone to it that becomes unpleasant and just overpowering after awhile, and I used the tiniest drop I could get out of it.  I washed it off after an hour or so.
I run a big risk of sounding snobbish here and I apologize, but I cannot stand celebrity-branded perfumes. The last one I liked was the original Kate Walsh Boyfriend, and that's been pretty well phased out to my understanding; my local Sephoras no longer carry it, and HSN has next to nothing now. They typically have a very cheap, chemical-y aroma, as well as that quality I descibe as "thin." It's as if many of them are lacking some key ingredient to bind everything together and fix the scent. It's like music without a bass. On top of this, my husband has been allergic to every single one I've tried (thank the Gods for sample boxes, I need a test vial before I buy anything because he is so sensitive.) Once he got a nasty skin breakout from one of the Britney Spears perfumes I wore; a Halle Berry one closed up his nose until the following afternoon. It's odd because I can wear something heavy enough to collapse galaxies, like Youth Dew or Oscar de la Renta, and it will not affect him one bit. But get somethig named after a pop diva and we have to call his doctor.

I was too late for the bigger boxes but I ordered four of the two box sets. I has five in my cart and one sold out while I was checking out. I was able to use a first time buyers code too. I hope we get something good. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Kit C:

Those are really good sized samples. I'm still happy I cancelled though. I was going to get that box and it's a bunch of repeat brands for me. Plus, I like variety. Way too many moisturizers. I also should note that I LOVE skin care. That said, I need full on care of all types, not just moisturizers, lol. 

Those are really good sized samples. I'm still happy I cancelled though. I was going to get that box and it's a bunch of repeat brands for me. Plus, I like variety. Way too many moisturizers. I also should note that I LOVE skin care. That said, I need full on care of all types, not just moisturizers, lol. 
Exactly this! I would have been far more impressed if a cleanser and toner in the mix!

I ordered 2 of the 2 pack kits because the bigger one was sold out.  They've already shipped and I got confirmation about what kits from what months I'm getting.  Which is cool, cuz now I can look up what goodies I'm getting, which could be good or bad!!  :wub:

Well I ordered Kit B (the 2 Mystery Box kit thing).

in it was February Kit D and April Kit B.  I was so happy about April Kit B (hello, butter London!).

Then I got a refund to my paypal account. Hmm...  Then i received an email from Beauty Bar saying We're sorry we ran out of April Kit B, so we refunded you $8.  

Uhh?!  What?!

Not happy.

So I emailed them and said that I wouldn't have ordered at all since shipping was $6 if I had known I'd only get one box and could they please just send any box?

No.  They have no boxes left.  BUT he did refund my shipping so I'm happy (ish).  I'd rather pay all the money and get that April box! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Oh, well.  I'm just surprised because I ordered and they shipped within hours!  Only after it shipped did I get the email saying it wasn't going to be all there.

in it was February Kit D and April Kit B.  I was so happy about April Kit B (hello, butter London!).

Then I got a refund to my paypal account. Hmm...  Then i received an email from Beauty Bar saying We're sorry we ran out of April Kit B, so we refunded you $8.  

Uhh?!  What?!

Not happy.

So I emailed them and said that I wouldn't have ordered at all since shipping was $6 if I had known I'd only get one box and could they please just send any box?

No.  They have no boxes left.  BUT he did refund my shipping so I'm happy (ish).  I'd rather pay all the money and get that April box! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Oh, well.  I'm just surprised because I ordered and they shipped within hours!  Only after it shipped did I get the email saying it wasn't going to be all there.
Totally uncool!  I'd be mad.  :wassatt:

It's so weird because I ordered the second I heard about it.  I ordered at noon yesterday.  I got the shipping notice yesterday night!  Then today I got the bad news....  /sigh

Dangit! 

Uhh?!  What?!

Not happy.

The same exact thing happened to me and I also complained about the shipping charge so they said they would also refund that plus the 8 bucks for the one box.  I can't believe they would allow the purchase to go through only to ultimately say they are not able to provide you with the product you ordered in good faith.  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

my 5 pack came today!! woohoo!! all of the boxes were from 2013 except for one. if i can figure out how to post photos I will.

Latest posts

Back