Sample Society March 2015-Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone see the color of the lip gloss?  I can't read it.  Thanks.
i don't think it is visible in the pic. I believe it would be on the top lid of the box. I am hoping for Madrid or Vienna but I will be happy with what ever I get. 

I think I'll pass on this box again. I'd love to try the roller lash but everything else doesn't excite me. I have 2 Mailin & Goetz already. It's great, I just don't need the 3rd one.

I am so happy about this box! SS is usually pretty good for me, but this is everything.

Like everyone else on earth I've gotten to try Roller Lash, and it works really well for me. I have seen the Malin + Goetz balm show up in tons of subs but never gotten it myself, that texturizing spray looks awesome, and I am not mad at a gloss from Cargo. The best part this month: no perfume!

Dashboard's are up. The cargo lip gloss is full size, the color will be a surprise. I get my box Monday I'll post my bad pic's and shades/sizes of everything.

I am super happy with the whole box.

I just have to say, I do want to try a curling mascara anyway. I think I am extra excited about this mascara because the packaging in so great. The cap, really does give you that retro feel. It reminds me of plastic curlers and mid century beauty parlors. I can practically smell an apple scented perm just looking at it. Kudos to their marketing department. 

My box is here:

IMG_4847.JPG

Juice beauty is .5 oz

Roller Lash mascara is .1 oz in the cute card packaging

Oscar Blandi is NOT a dry shampoo but a texture and volume spray, 1.5 oz

Malin + Goetz is .2 oz and contains no parabens

Cargo gloss is full size, $16 value, my shade is Rio.  It's like an orange-red, it's glossy but hangs on like a stain. From the booklet it appears they are sending up to 8 shades, Tahiti, Tuscany, Rio, Madrid, Prague, Taos, bronze Umbria & lilac Stockholm).

Enjoy and let us know what shades you get!!

oh no, I hate when they send out so many shade variations because I always get the bad ones, haha

The only ones that really won't work for me are Taos and Umbria...Rio and Madrid aren't my best colors either.  So I have a 50-50 chance of getting a color I'll like.  I've seen worse odds :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

:( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> this just isn't my week.

I ordered some indie nail polish and it left the Chicago area last Friday and it hasn't been heard from since. And today when I opened my Sample Society box, no cargo lip gloss.

The cosmetic gods don't like me lately.

I also got a Cargo Lip Gloss in a color that wasn't listed in the booklet - I got Sahara, which is a sheer gold shimmer - it's actually beautiful, and the nicest color product I've ever received from Sample Society. I always end up getting colors I wouldn't wear (red lipstick, blue eyeshadow) but this is a color that I would actually buy. The gloss is very moisturizing, and the packaging is attractive and high-end looking.

I'm super excited to try the Oscar Blandi Spray - I'm starting the process of trying to shampoo only 3 times a week instead of every day, so this product may help - I already use their dry shampoo, and it's my favorite, so I have high hopes for this product as well.

I really like the Malin & Goetz Lip Balm, it's a product I had been wanting to try - the flavor is really refreshing, and the balm is very moisturizing.

I JUST got a sample of the Benefit mascara last month from Sephora, so it wasn't super exciting, but it is a good mascara, so I'll use it.

Unfortunately, I also JUST got the same Juice Beauty moisturizer in my February Glossybox, and it was too sticky/tacky and broke me out when I tried my last sample. I will use it as a body lotion though, so it's not a total waste.

All in all, a very good box. I hardly ever get cosmetic colors that I like in subscription boxes (sometimes I think they are just trying to get rid of the weird colors that don't sell as well) but I am really glad that the gloss is such a pretty neutral, and not like anything else I have. So, 4 out of 5 products that I like and will use up is a great box. I have cancelled all my other boxes except Sample Society, and I am not at all disappointed that I've done so. It's the only box that I usually like or use more than one product each month.

I also wanted to say that I just noticed that all 5 products were high-end, Sephora-type brands this month - no drugstore products, even though I use and like those too.

I really like how the Sample Society brands are all ones that I see at stores, so I know the actual value - a lot of the other subscription box brands were ones that I had never heard of, and they would list dubiously high "values" for these products, but most weren't even very good quality. 

I got Stockholm. I would not have thought so, but it is a really great color for me. I Like It! I like the smell of it too. It smells like cotton candy to me. I haven't tried the mojito lip balm yet but I smelled it. It smells good too. 

I'm excited to see everyone is getting different shades of the lip gloss.

Rio isn't my first choice but I might feel differently later this summer with a bit of a tan.

I got Umbria, which I was my least favorite shade.  I did notice that the booklet basically said it's pretty even though it looks fugly in the tube, so I am going to try it out.  This was my first sample society box since...summer 2012? and I love that they now include their thoughts on all of the products / why they were selected.  It's refreshing to see things like "this smells funny, but whatever, it's a good product".

I got Tahiti, it looks like a nude-ish pink. Not the most exciting color, but probably good for everyday. 

Back