Sample Society March 2015-Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is my box (the picture turned sideways after uploading)

sample society march 2015.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the lip gloss in Taos-light brown. Ugh, probably the worst color I could've received.  I'm assuming it just clear gloss when it goes on, was hoping for a bright fun color.  What a bummer! :scared:

I got Sahara. It's a sparkly nude color. Really really sparkly from the looks of it. I'm afraid to try. I think it'll go in my trade / sell pile.

But the lip balm! OMG! Now I get what the hype is all about. Not sticky and keeps lips hydrated for hours and hours. Love this stuff!

I got Tahiti, it looks like a nude-ish pink. Not the most exciting color, but probably good for everyday. 
That's actually the one I was hoping for.

I got Sahara. It's a sparkly nude color. Really really sparkly from the looks of it. I'm afraid to try. I think it'll go in my trade / sell pile.

But the lip balm! OMG! Now I get what the hype is all about. Not sticky and keeps lips hydrated for hours and hours. Love this stuff!

That's actually the one I was hoping for.
I'm revising my opinion of the Tahiti, it's more of a peachy-pink when on and actually looks a lot better than I thought it would. Not quite coral, but between coral and pink. I'd totally buy this out of pocket if I hadn't gotten it here.

I really like this color too. I'm pleasantly surprised. I used the gloss yesterday and again today because it's a great color. I ended up pairing it with peachy shade blush. Thumbs up on this one. I like the texture too. I haven't really been into Cargo makeup before. I tried a few things long time ago and really wasn't impressed so I was glad to find that this lip gloss is good.

I got Sahara as well. It's not as sparkly as it looks. I'm not usually a lip gloss wearer, but I like it. It's not sticky and it's not big chunky sparkles.

All this hype with Benefit Roller Lash I was interested in trying it since it came in the box. I see what people are talking about now. It really makes lashes pop and curled my lashes too. I'll be using this sample up for sure.

I like the mascara after it's applied, but I'm having a heck of a time trying not to poke myself in the eye. Actually I should correct that... I'm failing miserably at not poking myself in the eye. Wierd since the bristles are so short.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was kind of weird for me at first too. Not used to the wand yet but by the time I was doing my other eye I was doing a bit better. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> I poked myself with the first eye but was more careful after that. Not a mascara I can apply in a hurry at least not for now.

All this hype with Benefit Roller Lash I was interested in trying it since it came in the box. I see what people are talking about now. It really makes lashes pop and curled my lashes too. I'll be using this sample up for sure.
I do like it, but I think I've had better results from UD's Perversion. Same curl effect, darker, and generally more volume. I do think the Roller Lash has a better wear time though, because it survived a day of 75+ degree heat, whereas others would have smeared under the eyes. 

I agree! I love UD Perversion! It's my favorite mascara right now.

This mascara did fine in 90 degree weather here, but to be honest I've never had in issue with heat affecting masacara. I'm assuming this is an issue in areas where it's humid.
Ah, yeah! I guess it is a humidity issue, I've never given much thought to why it does that, but that makes sense. 

:wub:  Is This a good beauty box? I have big hesitations from all the reviews on all the boxes online and I tried JULEP box and omg i was so upset with it please help 
Are you upset with Julep or with SS? I unsubbed from SS a few months ago because for me the value wasn't there after 3 months of lower end/drugstore products I can snag at CVS (I primarily sub in general for the new product discovery aspect). However the last few boxes have looked pretty good, nothing like what I received before, and made me consider resubbing....I've only taken one Julep box in the last 6 months (I'm a legacy Maven, joined pre-Nov 2013, who has a monthly skip option). I didn't love the everything in it (Feb box) but the V-day polish was worth it to me. Overall it was a pretty standard monthly box.

Back