Sample Society: May 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know what you mean, I'm swimming in samples. But I can't bring myself to cancel anything 
laughno.gif

Originally Posted by samplegal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know what you mean, I'm swimming in samples. But I can't bring myself to cancel anything 
laughno.gif
Good thing there'll likely be another round of the traveling sample boxes soon. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm ready and waiting for that traveling sample box. Just a couple more ladies get their turn, then it's back in my grubby little hands. Mwahaahaa.

That Stila mascara has some horrible reviews on Sephora!!  I wonder if I should even try it if it smears / smudges that much and gives raccoon eyes !  I wonder if I would be better putting it up for trade.  I'm also scared to use the Colorscience puff because people said it was outrageously shimmery...and obviously I don't want a too shimmery look.  Maybe that should go up for trade as well. lol.  On a better note, I think I fell in love with the Bond No. 9 scent in NY...I hated it at first, but I dabbed just a little bit on my wrist and waited 10 mins to smell it, and it smells ravishing...

Originally Posted by samplegal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My gripe with the puff is it has too much shimmer!

I got the perfume in Nuits de Noho.

Thank you ladies for suggesting that I could use the Alterna on non-color treated hair. I didn't even consider it.
i got the same perfume.. i LOVE it!!   but theres no way i can afford a bottle..  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Dena Fletcher /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i got the same perfume.. i LOVE it!!   but theres no way i can afford a bottle..  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Ugh, I know. I love it too. I'm savoring every luxurious drop. Good idea to do a call-out for it.

I decided that instead of trading the mascara, I would just use it and see how I like it....
I am actually pleasantly surprised by it...I haven't had many smearing issues...just a few slight flakes...
However, I did use Tarte's eyelash primer before I put on the Stila mascara so that may have helped it stick more.  I feel like my eyelashes are very curled and separated.  It's not a dramatic look but I do like it for those natural face type of days.
Oh, and that Strivectin stretch mark thing is miraculous!!  I can already see results on it lightening the stretch marks / scars on my stomach XD

After this month, I have decided to unsubscribe. As much as a love the sample sizes and the quality of products that they send, I just can't get past the fact that they don't customize the boxes. With other sub services, I feel like I want to try the majority of the items in the box or at the very least, have a use for each product. Since Sample Society doesn't customize, I feel like I don't get the same result. Yeah, the value of the box is amazing. This month's box alone is worth about $50, but I have no interest or use for 3 of the 5 products.  I though the puff might be promising, but it is so orange that I can't use it for anything other than maybe a blush without looking like an oompa loompa.  I also saw the "spoilers" for next month, and I don't really have an interest in most of those items either. Considering a subscription to Glossybox instead. In the meantime, it will pay for my second Birchbox
rolleyes.gif
And I would definitely consider rejoining when they start to customize boxes or when the products interest me again...

I don't mind a little shimmer so the puff wasn't a disappointment. And I liked my perfume and have no real issue about its size--for something that expensive, that probably IS a deluxe sample. Unfortunately Beauty Bar doesn't have too many of the more modestly priced pocket sprays nor the solid perfumes. The only thing that would be of little interest to me is the Strivectin as I don't gave a great stitch mark issue.

Originally Posted by Bflopolska /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't mind a little shimmer so the puff wasn't a disappointment. And I liked my perfume and have no real issue about its size--for something that expensive, that probably IS a deluxe sample. Unfortunately Beauty Bar doesn't have too many of the more modestly priced pocket sprays nor the solid perfumes. The only thing that would be of little interest to me is the Strivectin as I don't gave a great stitch mark issue.
What color does the puff come in?

I really liked the Stila mascara. It glided right on and didn't irritate my (sensitive) eyes.

My perfume sample was Wall Street and I don't like it, but I'm very picky. I really like getting perfume samples because it is so hard for me to find something I really like. I just give the rejects to my mom.

I'm glad the StriVectin is a 3 week supply, but I know I'm never going to spend $135 on the full size. 

What I want to know is why they make the packaging so darn hard to open.  

I mean, I extract teeth for a living and that is less involved than trying to get this box out of the packaging! 

Originally Posted by krod1229 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What I want to know is why they make the packaging so darn hard to open.  

I mean, I extract teeth for a living and that is less involved than trying to get this box out of the packaging! 
Haha it is totally ridiculous. It took me at least 5 minutes to open...

Originally Posted by becarr50 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Haha it is totally ridiculous. It took me at least 5 minutes to open...
I broke a fingernail or two.  This sort of thing should not be in boxes that cause broken nails.  They really need to redesign the packaging and *tape* the box shut instead of *gluing* it shut.  Or add a perforation tear strip.  When you have to utterly demolish a box to get the contents, you can't really reuse it, and that really annoys me.  It's enough to make me want to cancel, although I'm giving it a little longer before I decide whether to cut it.  Even my kittens were disappointed because it was so mangled by the time I was finished that there weren't any satisfying bits for them to bite.

Back