Sample Society May 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not gonna lie...  I don't know what it does but that Flash Facial stuff is amazing.

I might have to get the Fabfitfun box just for that product.  At least this way I'm giving my money to fabfitfun and not to her, right?

I'm not gonna lie...  I don't know what it does but that Flash Facial stuff is amazing.

I might have to get the Fabfitfun box just for that product.  At least this way I'm giving my money to fabfitfun and not to her, right?
Unless she gave them to FabFitFun for free, she's still getting the money. But at least I'd get the Flash Facial for half price.   The FFF boxes never looked that interesting to me, but getting that magical stuff for $50 would be a great deal even if I never used anything else in the box.

....and I just talked myself into the FFF box. :lol:    I found a code to take $5 off....SUMMER5.....so that brings the cost down to $44.99.  So worth it to get a full size of the Flash Facial.   I've been debating for months whether to get the Dr Brandt dermabrasion stuff at $78, this is much less expensive through FFF and works even better.

FYI, If anyone wants to use their $15 off code but doesn't want to buy any of the featured brands, I just placed an order using my April code and added a $2 Butter London nail file to my cart. I got the Lorac brow powder kit and several gifts for friends, and it was nice to use the code! It makes subscribing to this box worth it to me--it's like having a 30% off coupon. I do wish they had a points system, though!

I have a question about the Sonya Dakar flash facial: after using it, the product pills a lot. At first I thought that was dead skin, but now I'm wondering if it's the product itself. I have very dry patches of skin on my face, and at first I thought the flash facial got rid of them, but it didn't--they were back in an hour. (When I use other exfoliators like the Paula's Choice 10% AHA, the patches go away for a much longer time--and also it stings to get rid of them!)

I wonder if this flash facial pills to give the ILLUSION that dead skin is coming off. After reading about Dakar's shady business practices, I wouldn't put it past her to make a product that seems like it's doing more than it actually does!

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw this today on gwpaddict:

Dermstore offer: For a limited time get 20% off all Ultraluxe products (Sonya Dakar is now Ultraluxe). No code needed. Ends May 25. You will receive free shipping and a free mystery deluxe sample with your purchase plus you can enter code FREEGIFT at checkout for a free 2nd mystery deluxe sample.
However, I don't see the Flash Facial as part of the line? Weird to sample a product that's being discontinued, unless her husband is still selling it under the Sonya Dakar name.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw this today on gwpaddict:

However, I don't see the Flash Facial as part of the line? Weird to sample a product that's being discontinued, unless her husband is still selling it under the Sonya Dakar name.
I may be wrong, but I think there are two lines of 'Sonya Dakar' products.  One that she's still selling, and another line the that her husband is selling and renamed to Ultraluxe.  If you find her site, you'll see the Flash Facial there.

I have a question about the Sonya Dakar flash facial: after using it, the product pills a lot. At first I thought that was dead skin, but now I'm wondering if it's the product itself. I have very dry patches of skin on my face, and at first I thought the flash facial got rid of them, but it didn't--they were back in an hour. (When I use other exfoliators like the Paula's Choice 10% AHA, the patches go away for a much longer time--and also it stings to get rid of them!)

I wonder if this flash facial pills to give the ILLUSION that dead skin is coming off. After reading about Dakar's shady business practices, I wouldn't put it past her to make a product that seems like it's doing more than it actually does!
I don't think it's dead skin, I'm pretty sure it's the product that pills up.   I think my face would have been raw if that much skin had come off. 

I was wondering about this, too!  But, the product did have a positive effect on my skin.  My skin felt much smoother and looked better.  I want more of that, but yikes it's so expensive.  I have several different peel products, and I thought I might play around with them to try to mimic the effect of the Sonya Dakar.

I don't think it's dead skin, I'm pretty sure it's the product that pills up.   I think my face would have been raw if that much skin had come off. 
I was going to post the same thing. I do think this is a cool product, but there's no way there's that much dead skin on anyone's face. You apply it to dry skin, it kind of dries up, and you rub the product off...that's it.

It is amazing and addicting.

Back