Sample Society October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lorenk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got the BB cream in "02 light" and it's like 3 shades darker than my skin tone. did anyone else receive this in a lighter shade?? I'm going to go ahead and ask CS if it's at all possible to get a lighter shade, my experience with them has been good, the last box I received had a broken eyeliner in it and they sent me a complete new box.

Update: I swear they replied in less than 10 minutes. unfortunately, the gentleman just told me I could buy the lighter shade on Beautybar.com. I wanted a sample....oh well, it was worth a try.

I got light too, and it was close enough for my skin, I don't consider myself light. But when they sent out Stila tinted moisturizer it was WAY too light for me.  I'll have to use it in the dead of winter.  HA!

Did anyone's card and dashboard not match what they got? My card and dashboard have me getting the Minus 417 Hand moisturizer, but I got the Radical exfoliating pads. I think I am going to email them and ask them to change my dashboard.

I received my box (kit C) yesterday. I really loved the polish color but the perfume was awful. Hate to sound rude but it was not a scent I could tolerate. I am still not sure about Sample Society. I had unsubscribed but signed back up after the polish spoiler. I am so spoiled by Blush Beauty, I think that's my problem.

Did anyone's card and dashboard not match what they got? My card and dashboard have me getting the Minus 417 Hand moisturizer, but I got the Radical exfoliating pads. I think I am going to email them and ask them to change my dashboard.
Mine did not match either.

Quote: Originally Posted by abreeskye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Same thing happened with me ... I got the hand lotion instead of the exfoliating pads that my dashboard said I got!

I got your exfoliating pads and you got my hand lotion. I called them and she wasn't sure what to do and said she would email me.

I had the same issue, got the minus 417 hand cream; although I do like it I was looking forward to trying out the exfoliating pads. Darn

Quote: Originally Posted by Mommy0408 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I had the same issue, got the minus 417 hand cream; although I do like it I was looking forward to trying out the exfoliating pads. Darn

What Kit number were you??

Quote: Originally Posted by Lorenk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got the BB cream in "02 light" and it's like 3 shades darker than my skin tone. did anyone else receive this in a lighter shade?? I'm going to go ahead and ask CS if it's at all possible to get a lighter shade, my experience with them has been good, the last box I received had a broken eyeliner in it and they sent me a complete new box.

Update: I swear they replied in less than 10 minutes. unfortunately, the gentleman just told me I could buy the lighter shade on Beautybar.com. I wanted a sample....oh well, it was worth a try.

The same thing happened to me! However I don't hold that against them, I'm practically pale as a sheet so on most people my match would look like chalk. I gave it to my mom though and she liked it!

My Kit C arrived today. I haven't tried anything yet but just from looking at it I am pretty happy with it. That Butter London Polish is gorgeous! I'm not sure how well I can pull it off but I'll save it for Vegas weekend. I'm fair skinned and since I have heard that the BB cream is kinda dark I don't know how well it will work for me but I 'm excited to give it a try.

Quote: Originally Posted by Tiffany27la /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What Kit number were you??

Kit E

Quote: Originally Posted by Flowerfish /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My Kit C arrived today. I haven't tried anything yet but just from looking at it I am pretty happy with it. That Butter London Polish is gorgeous! I'm not sure how well I can pull it off but I'll save it for Vegas weekend.
I'm fair skinned and since I have heard that the BB cream is kinda dark I don't know how well it will work for me but I 'm excited to give it a try.

I received the same box. I love the polish! The perfume was NOT for me! The bb cream I was worried about being too light, because I usually wear beige or medium, but it worked perfect for me. I'm actually wearing the bb cream today. It does cover well, for a bb cream. The hand cream worked really well, the smell lingered and I started liking it more. Hope you are able to use the bb cream!

My box arrived (Kit A). :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

British Racing Green is gorgeous! I can't wait to try it!

I love the hand cream, too, and I'm looking forward to the exfoliating pads! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

But wow, I HATE the perfume...ick! ha. THat makes 3 Diptyque scents I've received, and 3 I've hated! Guess it's just not my brand...

I got my mine today! I love the hand cream in "Ocean". Smells beautiful and feels silky. I normally love Diptyque but wow, I washed this one off within 5 minutes and I can still smell it. Smells like detergent, strongly. I think someone mentioned that..very spot on. I was not excited about Scallywag but in person the color is really stunning. I wouldn't wear it enough to justify keeping it however. Definitely going up for trade! Ooo, the Ouidad Botanical Boost is great, too. 

Quote: Originally Posted by Love Trip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got my mine today! I love the hand cream in "Ocean". Smells beautiful and feels silky. I normally love Diptyque but wow, I washed this one off within 5 minutes and I can still smell it. Smells like detergent, strongly. I think someone mentioned that..very spot on. I was not excited about Scallywag but in person the color is really stunning. I wouldn't wear it enough to justify keeping it however. Definitely going up for trade! Ooo, the Ouidad Botanical Boost is great, too. 
Ha, it does! Like detergent mixed with man...like an old dude fell into a vat of detergent. NOT MY STYLE. And I like most perfumes at least a little. Oh well!

I love British Racing Green, but I find myself lusting over Scallywag, too!

Just got an email for 1 month free of SS. I'm thinking of jumping at it and seeing what comes before committing to a real sub. 

Wonder if I sign up now if I'll still receive this months box, love Butter London. 

Quote: Originally Posted by rachelshine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Just got an email for 1 month free of SS. I'm thinking of jumping at it and seeing what comes before committing to a real sub. 

Wonder if I sign up now if I'll still receive this months box, love Butter London. 

I don't think so...in the past, when I signed up mid month, I got the next month's box.

Back