Sample Society October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you getting E? I am and my dashboard hasn't updated. I'm dying!!!!
Yes! I am not 100% sure how to do a spoiler, but I will try:
Butter London The Old Bill, Malin &Goetz Vitamin D Moisturizer, Pur-liesse Age Delay Serum, Radical Skincare Age Defying Exfoliating Pads, IPKN Moist and Firm BB Cream in Light

I'm getting kit B and I'm excited for everything! 

I have curly hair, so I can thankfully use the hair product. I love the Butter London color (Scallywag) and am actually pretty excited to try the Diptyque because every other Diptyque sample I've gotten has been divine. I hope this is the same!! 

Quote: Originally Posted by puppymomofthree /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes! I am not 100% sure how to do a spoiler, but I will try: Butter London The Old Bill, Malin &Goetz Vitamin D Moisturizer, Pur-liesse Age Delay Serum, Radical Skincare Age Defying Exfoliating Pads, IPKN Moist and Firm BB Cream in Light

Thank you so much! I'm very excited for all those items! I joined SS because I have too much makeup and heard they do a lot of skincare. This month seems to be going my way!

Thank you so much! I'm very excited for all those items! I joined SS because I have too much makeup and heard they do a lot of skincare. This month seems to be going my way!
No problem at all!

Woohoo! Finally Kit B updated for me!! I'm so glad I didn't get the same color as the one I got in March (Old Bill)! I didn't want to go through the trouble of trading it lol

I think Ulta is having a sale? Buy 2 Get 1 Free I think....

The refreshing spray and hand cream are pretty decent sizes, the perfume is just a sample which is a bummer.

BL is very pretty but I'm swapping it for something that better suits my skin tone.  The BB cream will probably work, but they are usually too oily.

I subbed for this month because I was intrigued by the Butter London.  I got Kit A and the nail color is as

green
as

green
can be.  Everything else is sort of boring so I canceled for now.

Quote: Originally Posted by productjunkie14 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is there a trade thread specifically for Sample Society ? Another kit a here.

No, but you could start one!

I received Kit B, and I'm happy with everything except the Butter London.  I love nail polish, but Scallywag just isn't my shade.

I've received a few polishes in past Sample Society boxes.  The brands (Butter London, Deborah Lippmann) have always been the brands I covet, but the shades just aren't for me. I usually give them away to my niece, but she already has this polish and other similar polishes from different brands).  I'm not comfortable doing trades, so I put my unopened Butter London Scallywag up for sale on eBay.  The polish wont go to waste and someone will enjoy it.

I'm really happy with everything else in my box this month, but I'm always thrilled with Sample Society!

Quote: Originally Posted by Tigerlilly6309 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I received Kit B, and I'm happy with everything except the Butter London.  I love nail polish, but Scallywag just isn't my shade.

I've received a few polishes in past Sample Society boxes.  The brands (Butter London, Deborah Lippmann) have always been the brands I covet, but the shades just aren't for me. I usually give them away to my niece, but she already has this polish and other similar polishes from different brands).  I'm not comfortable doing trades, so I put my unopened Butter London Scallywag up for sale on eBay.  The polish wont go to waste and someone will enjoy it.

I'm really happy with everything else in my box this month, but I'm always thrilled with Sample Society!

I'm in the same boat, with Kit B. Scallywag just isn't my thing and it will be my first Butter London. I can be adventurous with polishes but this one is actually too much for me. I still love you, Sample Society! I will trade it, no problem.  

I wish I was getting Scallywag!  I'm getting Old Bill, the only one I *didn't* want to get, hahah.  That's just my luck though. 

My box isn't here yet, but I caved and looked at my dash...SUPER excited that I'm getting British Racing Green...that's the one I would have chosen! I don't have anything like it. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Ugh, I've been going back and forth between canceling Ipsy and signing up for Sample Society instead and this month's spoilers/reviews have me regretting that I didnt!

New to Sample Society, I'm super excited for this box! I'm a long-time Ipsy subscriber and wanted to add another sub to my life :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My dashboard hasn't updated yet, is that normal? I know I'm getting kit E, though. I need to figure out how to trade, and if it's worth it  
ooops.gif

Mine has taken forever about getting here :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm getting the old bill but I wish I would have gotten Scallywag or the green color lol I guess ill post it in the trade forum. This month was redemption from last month.

I just have no luck when it comes to nail polish colors and subscriptions...I'm getting Old Bill which is the only color I didn't want.  Coppers, golds, khaki's, etc. look terrible on me.  I really wanted the hand cream too as I'm a hand cream whore, but no luck there either.  I am excited to try the exfoliating pads though.

I got the BB cream in "02 light" and it's like 3 shades darker than my skin tone. did anyone else receive this in a lighter shade?? I'm going to go ahead and ask CS if it's at all possible to get a lighter shade, my experience with them has been good, the last box I received had a broken eyeliner in it and they sent me a complete new box.

Update: I swear they replied in less than 10 minutes. unfortunately, the gentleman just told me I could buy the lighter shade on Beautybar.com. I wanted a sample....oh well, it was worth a try.

Back