Save or Splurge on Mascara?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I save, because as much money as a spend on beauty products, I don't like spending lots of money on something I'll have to replace every 2-3 months. However I'm thinking of splurging if I buy another mascara. The cheap ones seem to dry out my lashes & cause them to fall out.
frown.gif
I might try using a primer first like a lovely poster on here recommended though.

I'll save with my Maybelline.

I found this cobalt blue mascara from Amuse cosmetics Last week. I really do like it, and it cost me $1.99

I personally save on mascara, I've never tried a high end mascara, b/c it doesn't work as well after three months anyways! I use Covergirl Lash Blast btw!

I'll have to say save. I bought my share of expensive mascaras lately (DiorShow and various Lancome ones) and I was disappointed to find out they really don't do things better than my good old L'Oreal mascaras. What's the point of paying so much if the result is the same? I've regretted spending so much on trying them out.
frown.gif

I splurge for mascara! I love BadGal and Diorshow Blackout, closely followed by any of the lovely Estee Lauder mascaras.

I seem to have terrible problems with cheaper mascaras. They are flakey, or rubbery, or even worse make my eyes all puffy and sore. I don't know why though.

I had good experiences with Boots No7 mascaras having said that. I'd call those mid range products. Also, I have the waterproof Maybelline Lash Definition (??? the newish one in a green tube!) for soggy days/colds and I quite like that one I must say. I haven't had any problems with it yet, touch wood.

xxx

I use Shiseido The Makeup Mascara Base primer (splurge) with a drugstore mascara like CoverGirl Lash Blast (save). The primer lasts forever, but it makes the drugstore mascara look like high end stuff!

i know i should save since usually i can't tell the difference between some of my volumizing drug store mascaras and YSL's faux cils, but i just keep buying the department store brands. i really should stop.

Loreal Voluminous, Almay One Coat. I have bought Estee Lauder, Tarte, Stila. They just don't plump lashes up. I must try Dior Show.

Save - and then usually on sale. It so easy to try many different mascaras at the local drugstore. Most of them are pretty good. I used to be a Lancome Definicils devotee but, I got over that a long time ago...

Back