Save or Splurge on Mascara?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i always save! sometime i want to go blow $23 to try diorshow, but I can't justify it knowing how fast I go through mascara!

I use L'BEL Paris Infinite Clis mascara. It's 8$ but it works like a charm on me because I have really short eyelashes and this mascara makes them stand out! The formula is supposed to make them longer and curlier, it does both for me. So I would say I save.
biggrin.gif

I've tried every mascara under the sun, mostly because I used to be an impossible-to-satisfy-yet-total-mascara-whore. But then, last autumn, I was in H&M, and the MF Masterpiece was on sale. I thought I might just try it, and now, I've definitely found my HG mascara, and almost haven't strayed since.
eusa_whistle.gif

The Masterpiece lives up to its name; it's better than Lancome, HR, Chanel, etc. However, I still repurchase the good old Kanebo 38°, which I use instead of ordinary WP mascara.

Save - I use Maybelline's Waterproof Full n Soft mascara.

It's such a shame to throw out all that money every three months.

I get mine when it's BOGO.

I agree that this is a cosmetic product that you don't have to splurge on. I love L'Oreal's Lash Intensifique in Blackest Black, although I think they discontinued that particular one. Drats!

Of course if you have money to splurge, I say why not!

With mascara, you actually have to splurge. I have used drugstore mascara like covergirl and maybelline however I didn't like how it would clump my eyelashes and it dries out so fast. There is only one kind of mascara I use now that is definitely worth buying and that's DiorShow mascara. It's really great and last twice as long.

I save when it comes to mascara. I can't seem to justify spending $23 on a mascara when I know that I have to throw it away in two to three months.

i've bought expensive and i've bought cheap, they all dry up in the same amount of time and there just isnt any significant difference in pricier mascaras to justify spending more, so i snap up bogo cheapie mascaras for me and my daughter....i'm usually at CVS grabbing a variety of covergirl formulas

my daughter likes the fat orange covergirl mascara (the brush seems too big and it goes on gunky for me) and i like covergirl lashexact

Back