Scentbird New Perfume Subscription

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just subscribed to Scent Bird; my first shipment is going out this month and there was some sort of 50% off coupon. (I can't find it now; but I'm sure if you Google it will be there.)

The most interesting thing is that they sent me a survey at some point and I completed it and said I was fine with being contacted for follow-up questions. Then I got an email from Rachel (with Scentbird) to schedule a time to talk to me. I think our phone conversation lasted about 10-15 minutes and she asked some standard questions (what drew me to the site, how I felt about the interface, etc.) but also some open ended ones like what would make the site better. It was conversational and friendly. It didn't feel like a scripted survey. She's actually one of the founders and works on their marketing and branding. I was impressed that they were taking the time to actually ask customers (and, in my case, soon-to-be-customers) their opinions. I had already signed up before she contacted me for the survey but if I hadn't I would've been persuaded. I like it when companies put in that sort of effort.

Also, I just ordered some harder-to-find decants from Surrender to Chance the other day. It's my first time with them and I can't wait for that shipment!

I'm bummed... subscribed a couple days before the 15th and now see my delivery date is 12/15...but of course, they already withdrew the money on 11/13

I'm bummed... subscribed a couple days before the 15th and now see my delivery date is 12/15...but of course, they already withdrew the money on 11/13
Sucks. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I think there is a subscription cut-off point, but I am not sure what it is. They should have told you, though!

I got my fragrance for November - I thought it was just going to be the refill? But they sent another whole holster thingy. Biggest disappointment is that this scent was NOT the one I had selected (since the beginning) as the next in line. In fact, I didn't have it listed until way down in my choices. So I wonder if it was an availability thing, or how they chose, if not order-based?

My fragrance shipped out last week and I spent 5 minutes pulling at the atomizer until I realized you had to twist it for the dispenser to pop up. (I have an aversion to reading directions, I guess.) I love the style of the atomizer though; the twist and spray is great. 

I'm still a fan but have to admit I'm a little bummed because the scent I got was objectively gorgeous (Hermes Eau des Merveilles) but I learned after a few days of trying it that amber notes are totally not my style. Now I have a near-full bottle and I'm wishing that Scentbird had different tiers so you could choose 1, 2, or 3 scents for the month and then just get less product if you choose more scents so the overall quantity is balanced. (I guess I can cheat and make a new profile but that's another $15/month!) 

I'm a little obsessed with fragrances right now. Also, I want to give kudos to Surrender to Chance. They had quick shipping and everything was nicely packed. And that leads me (along a rather rambling path) to a question - does anyone know of a good solution to put sample decants into an atomizer so I can experience the fragrance as a spray? I bought an atomizer once but you had to fill it by pushing it into the mouth of the bottle so that wouldn't work for those little vials. I want a little atomizer that I can pour a sample into and spray for a few days until it's gone, then replace with something else. The decants I bought with the spray top (from StC) aren't very good so I'd like something a bit nicer.

Maybe I just didn't buy the right atomizer but any tips would be great! Thank you!!

Sucks. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I think there is a subscription cut-off point, but I am not sure what it is. They should have told you, though!

I got my fragrance for November - I thought it was just going to be the refill? But they sent another whole holster thingy. Biggest disappointment is that this scent was NOT the one I had selected (since the beginning) as the next in line. In fact, I didn't have it listed until way down in my choices. So I wonder if it was an availability thing, or how they chose, if not order-based?
That's a bummer. I was slightly worried about that since I seem to switch my queue around regularly and try to choose scents that work for the season and what I happen to be doing that month. I wonder when the queue is actually locked down; it would be helpful to know that. (Getting another atomizer is good though.)

Edit for my typo!

Last edited by a moderator:
@@CuriouslyAmanda  you can buy small glass spray style atomizers, say about 5 mls. Not sure if you meant something like that or regular fancy atomizer with the bulb thing ( which allows for too much evaporation, but are adorable)

If you Google Decanting Supplies, you should find plenty of sites. I buy mine at Pilot Vials, but there are many companies that sell them. ( I think StC and Perfumed Court do, too)

@@CuriouslyAmanda  you can buy small glass spray style atomizers, say about 5 mls. Not sure if you meant something like that or regular fancy atomizer with the bulb thing ( which allows for too much evaporation, but are adorable)

If you Google Decanting Supplies, you should find plenty of sites. I buy mine at Pilot Vials, but there are many companies that sell them. ( I think StC and Perfumed Court do, too)
Yes, just did that search and I am looking for a small little vial like those. I did opt for spray vials for a few of my decants from StC but the spray top is plastic and the product comes out a little drippy and uneven. Do you know if the other atomizers at Pilot Vial (like the 1/6 oz gold metal ones) distribute the fragrance more evenly? 

I have never had a problem with their glass sprayers at all, it's a very nice, even spray. BUT, I have never used any size smaller than the 1/3 ounce.  I can't say what the smaller ones would be like. I have always felt that the smaller spray vials are problematic, regardless of who you buy from!

I can assure you that they are very responsive to any problems you might have...it's a small company, just a mom and her son, so you get great customer service. 

I have never had a problem with their glass sprayers at all, it's a very nice, even spray. BUT, I have never used any size smaller than the 1/3 ounce.  I can't say what the smaller ones would be like. I have always felt that the smaller spray vials are problematic, regardless of who you buy from!

I can assure you that they are very responsive to any problems you might have...it's a small company, just a mom and her son, so you get great customer service. 
Thanks so much! And good point on the small vials likely being worse in general. The 3ml spray vial I got from StC is better than the 2ml spray vial, but neither is ideal. 

So, Scentbird is going to send me the correct fragrance for my November sub, with no problems. I have to say, that although they have some wrinkles to iron out (no surprise being new), the dedication on their part to make sure they are listening to feedback and helping the subscribers is really refreshing.

I loved the stocking stuffer offer! I am still wavering on whether to tell my hubby to get the Juicy Couture scent. Since it is something I like, but not really my style, having the purse spray would be really nice... (NGL, I'm here hoping they sell out, so I don't have to make a decision, ha ha!) :lol:

There's a Rue La La promo for Scent Bird (am I allowed to post that on here? I don't know!) and I actually emailed to ask if I could add it to my existing account. They said it didn't work that way but that they are totally fine with me having two accounts and using the Rue La La promo on the second one. So excited for that! I'm such a dabbler and $10 for 8 ml of fragrance is cheaper than a lot of decants (depending on which fragrances you're choosing). 

And to follow up on my other questions - I did place an order for some atomizers and some 3ml glass spray bottles. I'm putting fragrances that are currently in dabbers into them and that's working really well. 

Today I saw my next delivery date is 1/15 (never got email about Dec delivery) so I emailed customer support. My delivery is coming, the cutoff date is the 5th.

Anyone use this service currently? The idea of trying any fragrance for $14.99 a month is interesting. I like the way the bottle looks. I have too many perfumes as it is but might consider this in the future. https://www.scentbird.com/

scent bird V4.png

I love Scentbird.  I've tried so many scents I wouldn't have tried otherwise and it's great to get a month's supply.  The case is super cute and easy to carry around in my purse.  I love switching up perfumes from day to day so Scentbird makes it super easy to do so.

I'm one of the winners of the recent ScentBird sweepstakes.  I am really excited to try out this subscription, but I'm having trouble finding perfumes for my queue because so many have musk, sandalwood, or tuberose.  Ugh.  

Does anybody have recommendations for sweet, fruity, or spicy perfumes without any of those?

I wish I could help PeridotCricket.... I like the opposite of what you are looking for.  I love fresh, clean and musky scents and stay far away from fruity/sweet scents.  

I'm one of the winners of the recent ScentBird sweepstakes.  I am really excited to try out this subscription, but I'm having trouble finding perfumes for my queue because so many have musk, sandalwood, or tuberose.  Ugh.  

Does anybody have recommendations for sweet, fruity, or spicy perfumes without any of those?
Not sure if they have all the brands available but here are some possible options: Dior Miss Cherie, Lolita Lempica, Lancome La Vie Est Belle, Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire, Burberry Brit, Jimmy Choo

I love Scentbird so much. They're perfect for someone like me who doesn't want to invest in large bottles but would still like a variety of scents.

Back