Scentbird New Perfume Subscription

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like ScentBird so far.  I am planning to continue it and pay the $14.95/mo. when my gift sub. expires, (which appears to be after my December selection ships--4 months, not 3).  'Bye-'bye Birchbox . . .  For my 1st pick, I went with Bulgari Eau The Rouge (Red Tea), a scent I know and love.  I had sampled it through another service (which I do NOT recommend) about 2 years ago.  I decided on Bulgari Omnia Green Jade for October.  I can smell the green tea accord that I'm familiar with from Eau The Vert, but I'm glad I got to sample it and use it a lot so I could really figure out why I don't like it (the base smells just like Bulgari Omnia Crystalline) without buying a full-size Omnia Green Jade.  For November I chose Velvet Orchid by Tom Ford.  It hasn't arrived yet.  The package was returned to the ScentBird warehouse because USPS mail-forwarding is crap.  I e-mailed customer service and got a reply almost immediately.  They are going to re-send it to my new address.  Yay.  I have Hermes Eau d'Orange Vert in my queue for December.  I updated my address for billing and shipping on the ScentBird website today, barely in time for when the selection window closes tomorrow, but I do not have a credit card on file yet, and I don't plan to add one until after my December selection arrives.  I'm still a little leary because of the shipping issue this month, but if all goes well, I'm all set to pay for the sub when the time comes.  

Edit:  Bobby at ScentBird got back to me again.  Now he says a "replacement" is going to cost me the "discounted" price of $9.00.  Oh, hell, no.  I replied basically that and cc'd Sergei.  This better not turn into a giant mess.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Your picks sound heavenly @@PeridotCricket! The Bulgari scents are so good so are Hermes and Tom Ford.  Thanks for the update. Hope they sort out the problem ASAP for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been with them for 7 months now, I think? I love the service and will continue subscribing while my finances allow for it. I tried new Marc Jacobs Decadence in November, which I didn't care for, and in December I have Hermes Eau De Mandarine Ambree lined up :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Well, regarding my shipping issue, Sergei e-mailed and told Bobby to just send me a new perfume as I'm the winner of the giveaway.  And then I check my account and the "Dec" under my 4th pick is changed to "undefined" so I guess that means they realized it's only supposed to be 3 months.  My status now says Unsubscribed as well; before it said Ending December 16, 2015.  I wish they had told me instead of going in and changing it on the sly so I had time to add a credit card and make a pick by 12/5/15, damn it.  Looks like I'll be skipping December unless adding a card on payday later this week isn't too late.  No shipping notice yet for the re-shipped Tom Ford Velvet Orchid.  

I wonder how the other winners have fared with their ScentBird gift subs.  

Scentbird has 3 fragrance boxes for sale for Valentine's Day. Two women's boxes and one men's box. They are $59.95 each and include one month subscription to Scentbird.  Just wanted to pass the info along to anyone who might be interested.

scentbird valentine's day gifts.png

Does anyone still sub to this box? I was thinking about signing up for a year's sub. I just signed up last month, and my first box shipped, but I haven't received it yet. I'm a little nervous as most of the FB page are people complaining about the lack of CS and no one responding to them. 

Does anyone still sub to this box? I was thinking about signing up for a year's sub. I just signed up last month, and my first box shipped, but I haven't received it yet. I'm a little nervous as most of the FB page are people complaining about the lack of CS and no one responding to them.
I am a monthly subscriber and I have had no problems with getting my monthly shipments. I enjoy this sub as I like to try new perfumes without committing to a full bottle. I have only had to contact customer service once and they responded the same day.

I just read that for October they will have pink care for breast cancer awareness and 10% will be donated.

Back