Secret Santa for NAILS 2014! - Main Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, regular SeSa wrapped, packed, and labeled.  Next up:  Nails!  And a warning to my recipient:  Please do not open in direct sunlight.  There are a couple of VERY SHINY VERY HOLOGRAPHIC items in there, and you might sear a retina if you stare directly at it under bright light.  (In my regular SeSa post on this matter, I said that I couldn't find the rest of my SHINY SHINY wrap, and I thought I wasn't going to be able to use it for this stuff.  I just found some of it while looking for my tissue paper stash!  I think I have some more *somewhere*, but this will do for now.)

Today's the deadline to mail things off! I haven't been tracking who has gotten what yet because I don't want to accidentally figure out who my Santa is because the group is so small, so if you haven't gotten your presents out then do it! Or if you're having a problem then PM me! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Mine is going out in the morning I promise!!! I'm sending extra to make up for it, work is just not letting me get away today. I think my elfie knows and is ok with it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I see my outgoing package was just scanned at the PO and left PDX already! It is headed east! Pretty much *everywhere* is east of here, so I'm sure *that* is a huge hint about the recipient.
LOL!!! I'm pretty sure this only means that it's not meant for me. Which doesn't narrow the guessing game down all that much! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

FWIW I think USPS tracking is broken these days. @ 's present didn't move from the post office all day saturday, so i assumed it wasn't going out for delivery until Monday. Then bam, we had a reveal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dearest Santa,

I keep getting some kind of error when I try to track my lovely package. Is there a typo in the tracking number? (can't you tell i'm eager ahhaha) What it tells me when I put it in to usps is:

• Tracking information is not available at this time. Please check back later or double-check the tracking number entered and try again.
  •  
Love, Kawaiimeows

Last edited by a moderator:
Sent mine yesterday and I am excited for her to get it!!

I've also been having kitty woes... Bingley was hospitalized last weekend and today, I sh!t you not, Darcy, my stupid stupid stupid fluffball SET HIMSELF ON FIRE by jumping on the stove and pretty much ROLLING OVER THE OPEN FLAME. Luckily he doesn't actually appear to have sustained any burns except for to his fur itself, but it was very scary.

He is so stupid though that he seems not to know that anything happened.  He literally was at the vet like la di da oh hello! would you like to pet me? I will go chase that spot on the wall now.

I've also been having kitty woes... Bingley was hospitalized last weekend and today, I sh!t you not, Darcy, my stupid stupid stupid fluffball SET HIMSELF ON FIRE by jumping on the stove and pretty much ROLLING OVER THE OPEN FLAME. Luckily he doesn't actually appear to have sustained any burns except for to his fur itself, but it was very scary.

He is so stupid though that he seems not to know that anything happened.  He literally was at the vet like la di da oh hello! would you like to pet me? I will go chase that spot on the wall now.
I don't know whether to laugh or say I'm sorry! My fiance and I also also have a dumb baby (that's what we've affectionately dubbed our cats) who I could totally see doing the same thing. She's oblivious to everything.

Yeah he is the best but also the worst. You can laugh it is okay... once I understood he really was not hurt/burned despite how terribly scary.awful it looked and smelled I *kind of* thought it was funny too, but now I am scared he might do it again since he appears to have no idea anything happened.

I also want to apologize for not participating much on the thread- a lot of big changes.  I was laid off because the business I work for is closing.  Then my bf got a job in Amsterdam so I guess that we are moving there. Then Bingley got terribly sick.  And it has all just been packing and freaking out and worrying about money. But I have been following the reveals and catching up today. @@Jac13 I am so so sorry about your dogs :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> That is just awful someone would do that.

He is so stupid though that he seems not to know that anything happened. He literally was at the vet like la di da oh hello! would you like to pet me? I will go chase that spot on the wall now.
My cat jumped on the stove once, too!! What is it with them?? Luckily for me she only singed the hair on her chest, but it does smell awful!! Prior to that, she pulled a candle over on herself. My cat learned, though, I just have to yell HOT and she stops in her tracks.

I also want to apologize for not participating much on the thread- a lot of big changes.  I was laid off because the business I work for is closing.  Then my bf got a job in Amsterdam so I guess that we are moving there. Then Bingley got terribly sick.  And it has all just been packing and freaking out and worrying about money. But I have been following the reveals and catching up today. @@Jac13 I am so so sorry about your dogs That is just awful someone would do that.
I'm glad you're back around though! I missed seeing you post! Also that is way cool that y'all are moving to Amsterdam! Congrats and good luck (and just remember, internationals are always welcome in SS ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ) 

My cat jumped on the stove once, too!! What is it with them?? Luckily for me she only singed the hair on her chest, but it does smell awful!! Prior to that, she pulled a candle over on herself. My cat learned, though, I just have to yell HOT and she stops in her tracks.
I am so glad my cats have some sense of awareness not to mess with fire. One of my friends never uses candles because her cats will knock them over! Thankfully mine understand that fire = bad.

Latest posts

Back