Sephora Lash Stash - Mascara Sampler

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's out of stock.
frown.gif

Where in the heck is diorshow?! I want this so bad, at least i know diorshow is my hg.

Originally Posted by bella1342 /img/forum/go_quote.gif it's out of stock.
frown.gif
There were a few in there that I've been wanting to try.
bawling.gif

Originally Posted by bella1342 /img/forum/go_quote.gif it's out of stock.
frown.gif
Originally Posted by GeeCee /img/forum/go_quote.gif There were a few in there that I've been wanting to try.
bawling.gif
I checked again and was able to order it last night.
yess.gif

I am such a sucker for mascaras, I just ordered this!! LOL Despite having a gazillion mascaras in my bathroom. ;P

As for the Diorshow, I used to have a full size tube and I was utterly disappointed. It did nothing special for my lashes.... I feel I am the only one in the world who was not impressed by Diorshow. LOL

Originally Posted by Thais /img/forum/go_quote.gif I am such a sucker for mascaras, I just ordered this!! LOL Despite having a gazillion mascaras in my bathroom. ;P
As for the Diorshow, I used to have a full size tube and I was utterly disappointed. I did nothing special for my lashes.... I feel I am the only one in the world who was not impressed by Diorshow. LOL

Nope, I hate diorshow actually...
It's still pretty popular, so I'm kinda shocked it wasn't included in the sampler.

I got the lash stash in the mail yesterday.. Will try one mascara per day.
smile.gif
YAY

I already had a sample of Blinc kiss me mascara though... And I didnt like it.

Ok so I just started out by using Benefit's Bad Gal lash mascara.

It comes with a huge brush that appears to be identical to Diorshow's.

What I liked: It gave my lashes definition, length, and a bit of volume, and it did NOT clump. I applied a primer and then 2 coats of the mascara and my lashes looked pretty feathery and cute. Also, the sample was pretty generous, it is a relatively large tube for a sample size of mascara.

What I didn't like: There is nothing I didnt like per se, but this mascara did not have any "wow factor". It gave me the same look I achieve with good yet cheaper drugstore mascaras suh as L'oreal Telescopic and Cover Girl Lash Blast.

Will I purchase this mascara: Even though I really liked the result, I can't see myself spending $19 for a mascara that does the same job as my $7 drugstore mascaras (L'oreal Telescopic and Cover Girl Lash Blast).

I will write a mini review as I test each one of the other mascaras.
smile.gif

EDIT: Today I tried this mascara without a primer. If you dont use a primer, you definitely need 2 coats. The final result was lovely, it covered each lash adding volume and definition, with perfect added lenght. I would love for it to add more curl, but it is pretty good as is anyways. Loved it for day time.

Today I tested out the Too Faced Lash Injection mascara.

The brush is also pretty big, but different than Diorshow's and BadGal's brush... It has a bunch of skinnier, straight bristles.

The sample size was also very generous, like BadGal Lash.

1) What I liked:

This mascara has everything: Definition, separation, volume and a bit of curl. Other "volumizing mascaras" I tried gave me volume my making my lashes thicker, or sometimes by clumping my lashes so they appeared thicker. This mascara was different: it gave me volume by making me look like I had a bunch of extra lashes! My impression is that it covered every single lash, making the final look feathery and feminine. I used a primer, and then only one coat was sufficient to achieve a nice look. I put another coat on just for fun, and it gave me some more dramatic lashes, but at the cost of a touch of clumping (nothing bad or noticeable).

2) What I did not like: The mascara has a bit of an orangey scent that I didn't like much. But it goes away as soon as you finish your application. No big deal. Also, It would have been perfect if this mascara gave just a bit more curl (this is not something I disliked, simply something I wish the mascara had to make it perfect).
smile.gif

3) Will I purchase? Hmm It costs $19.50. I'm on the fence. I think once I am running out of my staple mascaras, I may give this one a try cause I liked it.

EDIT: Tried it without a primer today. With only one coat, lashes looked pretty, but limp. The second coat, however, was like magic!!!! I honestly didn't know I had so many lashes!!! LOL. I am impressed about this mascara's ability to coat each single lash, adding volume without ANY clumping. It is awesome. I am in love! I wish it gave more curl, but I guess I can try to help it out with a primer. I think I am buying this one. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Aaaaaand here's another quick review: Today I tested out LORAC's Publicity Stunt Lashes Long Wearing mascara.

The brush was not as big as the other mascaras I tried so far in the kit (see above), but it was shaped differently. It looked like the brush had a "waist", if you know what I mean. It was narrower in the middle that it was in its top and bottom.

What I liked about it: The texture of the mascara is more watery, not as waxy/ thick as most mascaras I've come across. This was an incredible lengthening and curling mascara, with some added volume to boost! I don't think my lashes have ever been this long! I can get them to be pretty long with the L'Oreal Telescopic, but I think this LORAC mascara broke the length record. I loved that it gave length AND curl so I didn't end up with long yet straight lashes. It was indeed long wearing like the name said, but I usually dont have a problem with mascaras staying on my lashes, especially when I use a primer (which I did).

One coat was sufficient to give me the desired effect, but since I have been using 2 coats for the other mascaras, I added a second coat for this one too. hehehe. One coat would have been enough, though.

What I didn't like: Nothing, really.
smile.gif

Will I purchase? For $19, I got an effect that was very similar to my L'Oreal telescopic which is much cheaper. The LORAC mascara was a bit more "wow" though. I may buy this mascara and use it for special occasions.

EDIT: Tried this one without primer too. Without the primer, you definitely need at least 2 coats, and the mascara doesn't curl as much by itself. What I ended up not liking about it is that it is seriously "long wear", meaning, it was a PAIN in the but to take off!!! I can swear I lost some eyelashes in the process. I think I will pass on this one.

Thanks for the review Thais. My NYX doll eye mascara has the same "waist" on the wand. I don't like that at all.

So today was Stila's Multi-effect mascara day.

The brush is curved. Is is big and full but not like the benefit's one. It is a good brush.

The sample size was also very generous.

What I liked: The mascara gave excellent lenght and a good curl, adding volume as well. Only one coat was sufficient to make my lashes stand out. It did not flake or anything.

What I didnt like: I would have liked to see more lash definition and separation with this mascara. It tends to clump your lashes together, and for this reason I did not want to apply a second coat as I was afraid it was going to be a clumpy mess.

Will I purchase: No. It is a very good mascara, but it has nothing "extra" to offer compared to my staple mascaras, and it tends to be clumpy.

EDIT: Today I tried this mascara using MAC Prep+Prime lash instead of the smashbox primer, and it worked MUCH better with the prep+prime lash! It did not clump at all! Made my lashes long, curled and defined. And I only needed one coat. Also, I love how the brush really grabs the lashes. The results I got from this mascara are very similar to what I get from CoverGirl Lash Blast, so I dont think I will be paying the big buck for this Stila mascara.

Thanks for the reviews Thais! So far I tried the Blinc Kiss Me, and the Too Faced Lash Injection mascaras. Did not like Blinc Kiss Me at all!! I'm so glad, at one point I almost bought a full-sized tube of it.

Lash Injection was nice... I like it a lot. So far, no replacement for my HG... that's okay, it's cool to try them all out though.

Back