Sephora Lash Stash - Mascara Sampler

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, that's really cool! I'll see if my mom let's me order it
smile.gif

Originally Posted by bella1342 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks for the reviews Thais! So far I tried the Blinc Kiss Me, and the Too Faced Lash Injection mascaras. Did not like Blinc Kiss Me at all!! I'm so glad, at one point I almost bought a full-sized tube of it.
Lash Injection was nice... I like it a lot. So far, no replacement for my HG... that's okay, it's cool to try them all out though.

I had a sample of Blinc Me already and hated it too.I loved Lash Injection. Was one of my faves so far, together with Lorac's one.

Today I tried Smashbox's Bionic mascara.

The brush is also ordinary. The sample size was small.

What I liked about it: This mascara gave me a nice "flerty" look, with moderate lenght and curl, and some volume. The final result was somewhat natural looking and perfect for the day time.

What I didn't like about it: I had to work very hard to get this mascara to look good. Even though the final result was nice, I had to spend a looong time combing and wigling and separating my lashes. It has a tendency to clump. I think it took me double the time it usually takes me to apply mascara to apply this one and get a good final look.

Will I purchase this: Most definitely NOT. Even though the final result was super nice, I can get the same result with my staple mascaras without having to work too hard for it.

EDIT: My feeling for this mascara completely changed when I used it with a different primer (MAC Prep+prime lash instead of smashbox primer). I loved it with MAC Prep+prime! LOL. My lashes was long and defined after one coat of the Bionic. Perfect look for the day, loved it. Since I get similar results with my LashBlast and Telescopic, I may not be buying this mascara, but it is indeed a nice one.

I was looking at this, but it's a no go for me because they all come in black. If I wear black mascara with my coloring I look like a "ho". LOL! If they made another set in brown or brown/black I'd be all over it!!

Today I tried the last mascara... Sephora Lash Plumper!

(Actually, there is one more mascara, Blinc Kiss Me mascara, but I am not trying this one as I had already tried a sample before and hated it.)

The brush is also "ordinary". Nothing too special about it. It does get a good grip on the lashes though.

What I liked about it: Everything!!!
smile.gif
LOL. My lashes were gorgeous after 2 coats of this mascara. They were super long and nicely curled, with the perfect amount of volume and definition. I loved it!!!

What I didn't like about it: Nothing. LOL

Wil I buy this mascara? I am starting to think that I probably will. LOL. I really loved it.

Overall, the lash stash was a SUPER_DUPER buy!!!!! I have been having a lot of fun trying a new mascara everyday, and all of them are good .. Some better than others. I highly recommend this product!

I will try the mascaras without primer and add updates to the reviews.

EDIT: Tried this with the MAC lash primer (instead of smashbox) and got even nicer results.
smile.gif
Love this mascara!

I wanted the first one but they had sold out.
frown.gif
I'm not missing out on this one!!!! Thanks for posting, Bella!

How many mascaras does someone really need? Once mascara is opened, you can use mascara for 2 months and then have to throw it out. I can't imagine having to throw our 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7 mascaras at one time.

I have to say that the Sephora brand mascara is crappy stuff. I think I lost about 7 lashes in two days because of it. I got the mini mascara in my fever palette and I don't think I will use it again.

Glad this got bumped because I've never seen that before. I hope it's still available.

Originally Posted by jmgjmg623 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Glad this got bumped because I've never seen that before. I hope it's still available. The old one isn't... but the new (I posted about it... a few posts above) one just came out.

I just ordered the new one. I passed on the first one because they were all black and I don't usually wear black, but I really want to try some of those mascaras and it's a great deal! I also got to pick a deluxe sample of MUFE HD Primer for having my Beauty Bank at 100 points!! YEAH!!

that's awesome! I usually don't favor black mascara either but that set looks great! How fun to have access to try all of the mascaras!

Did u guys see the new lash stash? I got it last week. 10 mascara samplws for 35 dollars. I love trying a new mascara every day.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by bella1342 /img/forum/go_quote.gif The old one isn't... but the new (I posted about it... a few posts above) one just came out. Awesome! Thank you Nicole
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I don't know if this matters anymore but I wanted to let people know. I made a purchase at Sephora last weekend, in store, and my beauty insider free gift was a sample size Diorshow mascara in black. Actually I had a choice from 3 different items and I had never used it before so I took it and loved it.

However my point was if either of these sets are available in your local Sephora store, there's a chance you can get the Diorshow sample too. In fact I considered buying something else at Sephora this week, anything, to get another one myself, LOL.

-Stacey

The minute I saw that in the catalog, I knew I wanted it. I'm on such a mascara kick right now, trying to find my HG mascara... this would be perfect! Now... just to get the money to buy it lol.

Back