Shaving with baby oil?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay I just got done shaving with the baby oil gel. I like how smooth it makes me, but there's one thing I didn't like...it clogged my razor with globs of goo and hair, so I had to keep scraping it out. I'm thinking this may be because I used the gel, and its a thicker consistency than straight baby oil. So next time I'm trying the liquid kind. Also (I'm sure most people already do this, but in case you don't usually, like me) be sure to spray your tub down with a cleanser afterwards so the oil doesnt coat it and make you slip next time you're in there. I am happy with the results though and I'll update on when I use the liquid version. Thanks Marisol! My legs are happy, lol

Originally Posted by Maysie /img/forum/go_quote.gif Okay I just got done shaving with the baby oil gel. I like how smooth it makes me, but there's one thing I didn't like...it clogged my razor with globs of goo and hair, so I had to keep scraping it out. I'm thinking this may be because I used the gel, and its a thicker consistency than straight baby oil. So next time I'm trying the liquid kind. Also (I'm sure most people already do this, but in case you don't usually, like me) be sure to spray your tub down with a cleanser afterwards so the oil doesnt coat it and make you slip next time you're in there. I am happy with the results though and I'll update on when I use the liquid version. Thanks Marisol! My legs are happy, lol Yay! I am glad that you liked it. I guess the gel would be a thicker consistency than the oil itself. I am glad that you liked the end result.

Alright dammit! I'll have to get some and try it! So, consider yourself lucky Marisol because normally I won't use anything other than my Skintimate Shaving Gel! As for arms and shaving, I hear ya girl! I used to do it too, but I quit. Got tired of that "burning/prickling" sensation when I was cold and had nothing there! LOL! That HURTS!

Okay, I want to try. But one thing scares me, does it make the razor slippery or anything, and I mean when the blade touches the leg. I'm scared it will slide and then cut. Lmk, as I'm in need of either that or shave gel today!

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif Alright dammit! I'll have to get some and try it! So, consider yourself lucky Marisol because normally I won't use anything other than my Skintimate Shaving Gel! As for arms and shaving, I hear ya girl! I used to do it too, but I quit. Got tired of that "burning/prickling" sensation when I was cold and had nothing there! LOL! That HURTS! Let us know if you do.
Originally Posted by Nick007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Okay, I want to try. But one thing scares me, does it make the razor slippery or anything, and I mean when the blade touches the leg. I'm scared it will slide and then cut. Lmk, as I'm in need of either that or shave gel today! I don't use a lot so the oil but it didn't make the razor slippery or anything. It glides along your leg.

That makes so much sense! My husband's shaving routine includes oil before his shaving lather. I gotta buy me some baby oil now!

I always use oil to shave with, either baby oil or whatever body oil I have in the shower.

Great tip!! Looking forward to try it.It's on my shopping list
smile.gif

i tried shaving with oil one time and it clogged up the razor. I might have put too much on though. I should try it again.

I've tried it before & my razor got all clogged & gross & I kept having to scrape it off. It was just too much work for me...lol.

I shave with conditioner too, but I've never tried the baby oil method, I have some of that baby oil gel so I might give it a try.

Yea I use it. Never tried it for shaving but I will now! I usually put it on just before I get out of the shower. I have very dry skin so I use lotion afterward and my skin is so baby soft. I love it!

It did make my skin softer but it clogged my razor. I have the 4 blade one. I guess I will stick with my shave foam.

I'm going to give this a try tonite!!

Thanks for the tip! I have a reaction to the shave creams, and soap/body wash dry my skin out!

Back