Shaving with baby oil?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to try that!!! I do use hair cream rinse or condirioner sometimes and it is really slick and makes my legs ultra smooth....

i tried this and i definately have to agree...my legs were silky smooth.
smile.gif
thanks for sharing this tip!!

I have done the baby oil, and it works great. I am one of those people who are wayyy too lazy to consider a shaving cream.

whoa - great tip -- can't wait to try it - might have to run over the store now and get some; I don't think we have any here already as we typically don't use it.

awesome tip! i'm excited to shave tomorrow! my son has bottles and bottles of baby oil, and i don't use it on him. so, i'll snag 'em =]

okay, so, i tried this with oil gel, or whatever. BAD experience! aaaaaa. never again. horrible.

at first, it takes me 5 minutes to do both legs. but today, i'm shaving, its been around 7 minutes, and within that 7 minutes, i only got 1/2 of a leg shaved. i dont even think that. i had to keep on cleaning out my razor and it got soo bad, that i had to toss it. it was brand new too. eeeeeeeer.

maybe it was the gel kind that did this or maybe i put on too much. but, i had to literally scrub it into my leg, so i know i didn't use too much. lol. maybe the hairs were too long? i dont know. but, i'm mad because i have oil all over my hands and slippers and pj's. ish.

i think it did it all wrong.

Originally Posted by Ten99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif My legs can be really sensitive at times and razor bumps used to be a problem. Since using the baby oil, no more bumps!
No more razor bumps? Hallelujah! I'm totally trying this tonight.I usually use shave gel, which is much better than cream or soap or conditioner...but I still do get bumpy and dry.

Thanks for sharing!

I bought some Palmers Moisturising Body Oil (the one in the flip top container) and it's perfect for shaving. Makes my legs silky smooth. My razor was gliding over my legs. Using the oil ensures you get a smooth and close shave and it emulsifies which makes it easier as well.

Thanks Marisol
smile.gif

Originally Posted by goddess13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I brought some Palmers Moisturising Body Oil (the one in the flip top container) and it's perfect for shaving. Makes my legs silky smooth. My razor was gliding over my legs. Using the oil ensures you get a smooth and close shave and it emulsifies which makes it easier as well.
Thanks Marisol
smile.gif

I am glad that it worked for ya!

Yeah I've heard about this before and my sisters use it and they rave alot but I personally prefer my Braun Epilator!!

I use coconut oil cause thats what i have on hand. It works great, leaving my legs and arms silky smooth. It does tend to clog up my razor if my hair is a bit long. But I shave in the shower so I just put it under the shower head for a few seconds and the clog is gone. I'm curious about the conditioner shaving, I might have to try that tonight.

Originally Posted by angellove /img/forum/go_quote.gif oo.. i'm going to try it next time i shave.. but.. doesn't it clog your pores? I'm positive it would clog your pores if you put it on your face cause it is oil, but I'm gonna try it since I usually don't have to worry about clogged pores on legs and arms.

Oh yeah the arm shaving isn't weird, I've been doing that since I was 12, cause I am one hairy Mexican, I mean this isn't peachfuzz, but gorilla hair.

Back