Shed overwhelming tears of happiness...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i was in San Francisco this weekend to buy fabric for some costumes i am making for my upcoming float for the love fest

San Francisco LoveFest

so i went to Britex Fabrics in Union Square. this is san francisco's most famous designer fabric store. every major outfit i ever made or had made for me (including parts of my wedding gown) have come from Britex.

Britex Fabrics

now this is the truth- since the very first time i ever stepped in there (maybe 3rd grade?) i become overwhelmed by the sight (when you walk in you are greeted by STACKS of printed imported silks and walls of solid silks in every known color imaginable. then you realize there are 4 more stories of fabric.) and i cry just a little. i gasp, i become overwhelmed, and then i cry. tears come out of my body, and the thing is- the sales associates are used to this type of thing happening.

do any of you share an experience like this?

I feel that way when I go into some stores....it's like an uncontrollable feeling. My heart beats faster and I might even get a little sweaty.

Like, literally tears?

I yelp out in joy and get so excited I can't contain myself. At times I feel like snapping pictures of the places because I don't ever want to forget it.

Oh, and I got invited to LoveFest 2 years ago but I have no clue what it's about?

This usually happens to me if I spot something I must have...I literally run and prepare to fight anyone who gets in my way.

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif This usually happens to me if I spot something I must have...I literally run and prepare to fight anyone who gets in my way. lol me too

wow that sounds like a pretty cool store. I havent experienced that but I'm totally up for it. Next time I'm in the area I'll pop in for sure! lol

The Sears power tool isle about does me in amlmost every time!! hehehe Now if Victoria Secret just carried Craftsman power tools...... you couldn't get me out of there...
smile.gif

Karren

I get pretty hyper and overwhelmed whenever I walk into a Hobby Lobby, Michaels, or Sephora.

Whenever I step in FOrever21, I feel like its my happiest place on earth.hahah

Then the first time i saw the F21 store in Frisco my face was like this -->
icon_eek.gif
. I was in the car and my boyfriend drove by it and i swore I gasp and my boyfriend got scared cuz he thought something was happening to me.hahah I said" OOOOOOMG! 3 STORY FOREVER21?!" I literally wanted to jump off the car as he passed by it. Anyways I went to Forever21 in Frisco, I just stood infront of the store for about 5 minutes and tried to pull myself together before I went in.

I got mad love for that store.

I get like that everytime I go to the Galleria here in Houston. Every makeup, handbag and clothes brand imaginable. It's like heaven. LOL

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif Oh, and I got invited to LoveFest 2 years ago but I have no clue what it's about? LoveFest: a big ol' city funded rave onthe streets of SF. actually a parade of floats, each float with their own theme and DJ's, that goes down market street and ends at the civic center where the floats encircle the civic park and everyone is out of their gourds...

Originally Posted by MindySue /img/forum/go_quote.gif I get upset because i cant have everything in it Me too! I get frustrated cause its hard for me to make up mind about what I want since I know I can't buy everything.

man i should have found out about that place before i went there!

cause oh my god i'd be in heaven i think from all the stuff.

LOL! I have lived in SWLA for almost four years and I have yet to visit Houston and go to the Galleria. BUT I used to get teary eyed when I lived in Philadelphia and went to the King Of Prussia Mall!

Originally Posted by KristieTX /img/forum/go_quote.gif I get like that everytime I go to the Galleria here in Houston. Every makeup, handbag and clothes brand imaginable. It's like heaven. LOL I love the Galleria... especially the Ice Rink... Haven't been there in a while. I guess it's still there...
Karren

Awe, I've Never Been In A Place Like That, I Would Probably Cry Too If I Were. Lol, That Reminded Me Of The Great Gatsby, When Daisy Cried Into His Shirts 'Cause They Were So Beautiful!

I get very teary eyed at King of Prussia too. My first time there was VERY overwhelming! Jen , that store sounds amazing!

Originally Posted by Karren_Hutton /img/forum/go_quote.gif The Sears power tool isle about does me in amlmost every time!! hehehe Now if Victoria Secret just carried Craftsman power tools...... you couldn't get me out of there...
smile.gif

Karren

Yes.....definitely a man under the pretty dress.

Latest posts

Back