Should I have my daughters ears pierced??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by sweetnsexy6953 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I have a question ladies and (gents). I wanna get my daughters ears pierced she's 10 months old and a lot of ppl thinks she's a boy even when she's wearing PINK and I've been wanting to do it for a while now. So basically who here has their daughters ears pierced and at what age did u get them pierced???
As others have said it's up to you. When my eldest was an infant I pierced her ears (I know how). She grew up to wear earrings frequently and has had no problems with the earrings. I pierced my middle daughter and youngest daughter when they were older - not infants but pre-school age - worst mistake. They pulled on the earrings and eventually I had to remove the earrings and of course it healed, closing the holes. When they became teens they wanted their ears pierced so a few months ago I pierced the middle one's ears and it's almost healed. The youngest just had her ears re-pierced a week or two ago and of course she's not doing a good job of taking care of the earrings - pushing the in so it's scabbing her ears and causing the skin to peel and the holes to become enlarged instead of tiny holes.

If you want to pierce her ears get it done by someone who is qualified to do so - best at a salon or beauty school versus a kiosk at the mall - and do it while she's young so she can't tug or play with the earrings.

It is up to you if you do this or not. I know that there are many that are against it, but I have seen many that are done when they are not very old. Plus when she is older, she might like that she had her ears pierced young so she will not have to go through that when she is older.

Back