Shu uemura Eyelash Curler?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I previously said that my Shiseido eyelash curler was the same as my Shu, but I was having problems yesterday getting all my lashes in the Shiseido curler. I decide to try my old Shu curler and I couldn't believe how it curled my lashes much nicer. It didn't get my lashes crossed either so now I am promoting the Shu Eyelash curler.

They're both great picks! I'm definitely buying a new one! I just don't know which one..
icon_rolleyes.gif
lol

I'm a little confused I don't know with one to get Shiseido or the Shu.You guys make them sound both great.

I love the Shu curler because it doesn't give me that funny "kink" to the lashes but instead a nice beautiful natural looking curl.

It retails for around $60Aussie dollars which is a major rip off
10.gif
, I bought mine in Malaysia which converted to less then twenty bucks only!!

Never tried the Shiseido but heard its a good one too.

Originally Posted by raquel707marie /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm a little confused I don't know with one to get Shiseido or the Shu.You guys make them sound both great. Is there any way that you can try it first before you buy? Its hard to say which one's the best since one might suit your eye shape better then the other.

I think the difference with the Shu curler is that the rubber parts are domed instead of flat like a lot of other curlers. Its the one I use and its worth the hype IMHO.

Originally Posted by clairey /img/forum/go_quote.gif You want to know how ripped off we are on m/u stuff here in Ireland?The Shu curler is €30 ($35.65) here if you buy it in the shops. You can get it for a decent price on eBay, but isn't that awful? It's pretty much double the US price!
icon_eek.gif

I live in England and I couldn't agree with you more. We get totally ripped off!

Originally Posted by VintageGardinia /img/forum/go_quote.gif I love the Shu curler because it doesn't give me that funny "kink" to the lashes but instead a nice beautiful natural looking curl. It retails for around $60Aussie dollars which is a major rip off
10.gif
, I bought mine in Malaysia which converted to less then twenty bucks only!!

Never tried the Shiseido but heard its a good one too.

Woa $60 Au is a total rip off! It's only $11 AUD or $9 USD in Japan!

Get it CP if it's pricey in your country girls!

i bought it for like $15-20 at sephora and it sucks. i don't know why every1 kept saying how good the shu umera eyelash curler is. that's why i bought cuz of magazines and make-up artists saying it was great and i tried it and nothing. i like my $5 sally hansen and maybelline eyelash curlers better than the shu umera one.

I bought a Shu uemura eyelash curler. I haven't had much of a chance to play around with it. It's supposed to be the eyelash curler used by professionals. That's why I got it. It had a good reputation, and I didn't want to buy something that didn't do it's job.

i own one and its great. what makes the difference is that the head is larger

and can accomadate the whole eye area and as a result you don't pinch your eyelids

I've only used drugstore eyelash curlers previously before purchasing my Shu one, so it's the best eyelash curler I've tried so far. I don't know exactly what feature/difference it has that makes it curl better than other eyelash curlers, but it definitely works better than the cheap ones I've tried.

I have used so many different eyelash curlers over the years, and finally bought the shu a couple of years ago. It disappeared (teenage daughter) and I didn't have time to go to Sephora to get another one, so I bought a different one at ULTA. I don't remember the name, but it was supposedly a nice one. I think it was about $14. When I ran across my other one in her bathroom and realized I hadn't lost it I was so excited. Using it again made me realize just how awesome it is. It never pinches me or pulls out my eyelashes, and it curls my short little stubby, stick straight lashes so nicely. I can't imagine trying another one.

has anyone try the *New* shu uemura curler? is there any significant differences between the two? thanks
smile.gif

Back