Skincare Secret: Green Tea Bags

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Thanks for this! I will definantly do this
smile.gif

hmm.. I tend to have honey with my tea.. will that be ok? Considering how good honey is for you..

lalalalila thanks for the tips, we seem to have similarities in our skin. I have dry and flaking skin around my and between my eyebrows as well. I will do this tonight!

Yeah, this really does work.

I use green tea in the recipe for my toner and my mask and it really improves the texture and radiance of your skin.

After I make a cup of green tea, I squeeze out the tea bags, place them in the fridge until cool, and then place them on my eyes for about 10 minutes to reduce puffiness.

Works like a charm.

This looks pretty easy and natural way that anyone can try. It cost nothing and effect no ill effect on your screen, I think. I'll try it for a while and post again if it does works for me.

I brewed a cup last night after reading through this thread, and even though this may be coincidental, my face actually does look better today! BTW, how long does the tea keep in the fridge?

Are there other teas to try? I have a million bags of Oolong. I am going to try the green tea thing because there are free tea bags at work. hahaah! I'm evil.

Wow, this is nice to know. I drink green tea (by tea bag) everyday! Now I can save the tea bags and make use of them!
biggrin.gif

Well I drink green tea all the time but I never thought to use it as a toner. I'll have to try this some time.

lalalalila how do u know if the tea bag is caffienated? does it say on the box, or are all tea bags caffeinated in general?

Tea contains hundreds of active ingredients, among which you find theine, antioxidants, tannins, vitamins and microelements. Therefore, yes you will find theine (which is the same as caffeine) in tea.

However, the amount of theine in the tea depends on which kind you're talking about. Green tea like Sencha, or white tea (Yin Zhen, Pai Mu Tan) contains a small amount of theine. Black teas usually have a higher content.

Also, it depends on its quality, i don't want to spit on them but there really is a difference between supermarket teabags and loose leaves teas from tea stores (which can also be sold in individual muslin bags). The supermarket varieties are almost powdered teas with lots of tannins, responsible for the bitter taste. On a side note, muslin is the best stuff for a good brew.

So try getting some loose leaf green tea (white is more expensive), you can also try rooibos which doesn't contain any theine, or detheined tea.

Technically theine only develops in the first minutes of brewing, tannins develop as long as you keep the teabag in the cup, and they attack theine. So if you let your tea brew for a long time, you should get a tea without much theine. The risk is the tannins' bitter taste.

I read you can also run your tea bag under tap water before brewing it, but that i haven't tested.

Anyway, if you use the tea just on your face, just brew it as usual. If you want to drink a part of it, well that's up to you, i personally would still brew it the same way. But i thought caffeine had positive effects on your skin (blood circulation ?), so i don't really bother with whether or not my tea contains theine
laughing.gif

I am dying to try this. I just received a sample of a facial serum containing 90% green tea and thought, why not use the real thing? So, I did a little search and found this site only to discover that it's being done. Glad to find it and to read that its working out.  Hope it works for me too..

My mom always used to tell me about green tea but honestly i never believed her... how to tell her that now i want to try this
icon_rolleyes.gif

Back